• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YESZ! It's Captain Falcon! (B+)

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
SHFF Nair so only first hit hits, grab.
Been here since vBrawl, and I don't see enough people abusing it.

V-K

Smash Ace
You mean like in Melee? Sweet!

Well now I just have to get a NTSC Brawl copy lol

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
As in Brawl bad? No. Its gotten better as in every time you want to land it, you WILL.
If that knee worked as described...

*game starts*

I want to land knee!

Opponent is kneed.

^ -- Repeat previous two lines until opponent dies. Repeat multiple times until game ends.

But yeah, considering there are actually ways to land it now...it's gotten significantly more useful. Like, it's reliable now, which is the main thing.

Revven

FrankerZ
You mean like in Melee? Sweet!
No it's not like Melee, it still works like Brawl, the only thing changed about it is that it doesn't kill as early as it used to so it isn't Falcon's end all be all KO move (it's still a good KO move though regardless).

If it was anything like Melee, that would be overbuffing Falcon. If you want Melee Knee, I think Melee 2.0 is for you.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
With jab cancelling should you do just one punch or 2 punches before cancelling?

Also about the knee It has better setups and a back hitbox but it still isn't as hard as brawls to land but alot easier than melees it also has better kill power than brawls but not like melees

V-K

Smash Ace
No it's not like Melee, it still works like Brawl, the only thing changed about it is that it doesn't kill as early as it used to so it isn't Falcon's end all be all KO move (it's still a good KO move though regardless).

If it was anything like Melee, that would be overbuffing Falcon. If you want Melee Knee, I think Melee 2.0 is for you.
Melee 2.0?
Where can I find that?

HeroFalcon7

Smash Rookie
May you guys please tell me what changes where made to Falcon from the 5.0 version to the 6.0 version that just came out? Or a link please.

HeroFalcon7

Smash Rookie
Well, I have playing a lot of Falcon and I can say that he reminds me of Melee Falcon except for the better recovery and buffs given to him. Someone want to discuss match ups?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Sheik match up feels similiar to the Melee Match Up.

She edgeguards the hell out of you. Her Ftilt seems to **** approaches. But she's the perfect weight to combo the hell out of.

Zelda kinda destroys Falcon, imo.

What match ups imparticular are you looking into though?

HeroFalcon7

Smash Rookie
Well, we used to play melee alot back then maining the same characters. I agree with you on the Shiek vs Falcon. Feels similar in strategy. However with Shiek lossing the superior dthrow from melee I dont feel as threatened. Same with her fair KB nerf. I usually die in the 150% and higher in this matchup. Plus with Falcons better recovery it isnt as easy to get gimped. Jusy grab them with it at the right time and you might even get a kill.
As for combos on Sheik, pretty much everything from Melee works and then some more with ones like FFNeutralA into upB.

On the Zelda matchup I pretty much abuse dthrow-knee like on the floaties. Same thing carries from melee for combos on Zelda. She got buffed for the better. Her upsmash and dtilt are the things to look for as they will all juggle Falcon in combos. Never approach her from the top and bait the dtilt with dashdancing mindgames. Once they wiff dtilt they usually try it again back to back since they think you might ground approach from your dashdance. Make her eat a SHFF dair into combo heaven at this point.

HeroFalcon7

Smash Rookie
Zeldas Nair is a good crossover move on her part to avoid a shieldgrab but I never really have trouble against it. Close range I tend to jab them out of SH and air to air SHFF Upairs seem to win out which lead to combos. A large part of the Zeldas game is stuffing Falcons approaches with Upsmash. Um, besides that dtilt at high% on Falcon leads to upsmash or even better Uptilt. SH spaced Nairs against her may get you punished by her Fsmash.
Besides that my fav thing on Zelda is to Falcon Punch her recovery. Aticipation of course.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Anyone played a good Pit or Tink with Falcon yet? I'm curious about those match ups actually.

Jiggs match up seems annoying but do able as long as you get creative when recovering and make him really work for the gimp.

kr3wman

Smash Master
tink is all about getting in and not falling for projectile setups. There's nothing really character specific about him, he kills you off the top most of the time so be ready for that.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
Zelda Nair > Falcon
That wont work if expected, approaching with Nair as Zelda is a risk that can be punished by falcon. If the falcon player expects it and does something like SHFF upair or even the knee. u could easily be knocked out of it. Zelda is a defensive character and when she approaches for any reason it should be with a safe move, however i do agree that her Nair is a really good move to use. Nair against most of the cast is fine but, certain char. like falcon u have to be careful. U can still use it as much as u want but, u can let the player expect it since that would = death. Falcon as a character in general is a double edge sword he can punish is great reward but he can get punished to no end if played wrong.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Can we still instant walljump from the ledge like in Melee? CStick away intiates a Ledge Attack now and I'm having a ton of trouble doing it.

Although I assume it can be done since I used to do it with ZSS in vBrawl.

:-/

Bandit

Smash Lord
blueriku said:
That wont work if expected, approaching with Nair as Zelda is a risk that can be punished by falcon. If the falcon player expects it and does something like SHFF upair or even the knee. u could easily be knocked out of it. Zelda is a defensive character and when she approaches for any reason it should be with a safe move, however i do agree that her Nair is a really good move to use. Nair against most of the cast is fine but, certain char. like falcon u have to be careful. U can still use it as much as u want but, u can let the player expect it since that would = death. Falcon as a character in general is a double edge sword he can punish is great reward but he can get punished to no end if played wrong.
You haven't experienced the new Nair in its full force then.

*retreats to the shadows*

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
You haven't experienced the new Nair in its full force then.

*retreats to the shadows*
Oh i have trust, but what i am saying is one move cant own a char unless that player is stupid.
N air is a leet move and sets up for a lot its. utility is very usefully but, a smart falcon as well as any smart player can learn to adapt and work around it. A friend of mine i play against mains Falcon and he finds ways to get around n-air, why? because hes a competent play and never does stupid things therefore i have to re think my approach and my use of Zelda.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Oh i have trust, but what i am saying is one move cant own a char unless that player is stupid.
N air is a leet move and sets up for a lot its. utility is very usefully but, a smart falcon as well as any smart player can learn to adapt and work around it. A friend of mine i play against mains Falcon and he finds ways to get around n-air, why? because hes a competent play and never does stupid things therefore i have to re think my approach and my use of Zelda.
I'm pretty much half-trolling and half-serious. Nair counters a lot of his approaches and is a safer approach in its own right. It's a heavily used move because it is quicker than Fsmash which you need due to Captain Falcon's speed.

BEES

Smash Lord
I need some help with the Falcon/DK matchup. I can't seem to win this matchup at all with Falcon and it really bothers me.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I need some help with the Falcon/DK matchup. I can't seem to win this matchup at all with Falcon and it really bothers me.
well for one you have to learn to use DK's size against him. Out of just about any hit (that could lead into knee) DK is knee food. BUT if the DK player is Smart he will just space you with Bair and its really hard to approach DK when he is doing this. Just be patient and dont let him grab you. Punish when he wiffs a grab. DK's Tilts are really good too. Upward angled FTilt is a short hop killer and Up tilt is a combo machine (like most Up tilts) Dtilt is good and quick and can trip. Jab cancel grabs stop him cold for the most part.

Note that Falcon has some of the strongest hitstun (when getting hit) in the game. So DK can setup just about anything from Fair spike. Avoid getting hit with this while on the ground at all cost. It usually means a stock is gone if he has donkey punch ready.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty much half-trolling and half-serious. Nair counters a lot of his approaches and is a safer approach in its own right. It's a heavily used move because it is quicker than Fsmash which you need due to Captain Falcon's speed.
heh falcon's speed can be pretty scary, sometimes it can get tough if you don't anticipate when falcon will attack or not. falcon can bait really well, but N-air is safe for the most part if used right so if their is an approach from falcon if will make that player think twice.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
just got brawl + yesterday... it was such a relief that falcon was actually playable... pretty fun

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
He played Falcon, and he thought it was really fun.

You should of seen the look on his face.

And the matches went by so fast. even with me living to like 170%+s

4 mins tops.

Melee players are the best at B+

Top Bottom