• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YESZ! It's Captain Falcon! (B+)

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Truth.
Brawl players drag out B+ like they're playing... Brawl...
Melee players know where it's at.

kr3wman

Smash Master
You suck pretty bad.

IDK, your falcon isn't that bad, but it's you as a player who doesn't seem that good.

Slow reaction, repeatedly doing stuff that don't work, you know, stuff like that.

I guess it's just things you get by playing more.

EDIT : wow, that ness lets you get away with alot of stuff.

You both need to work on your edgeguarding, geez.

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it's basically just us that play around here since we can't find any other players around the Boston area :-\

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
I'm already hosting a B+ tournament this Saturday on the South Shore of MA. :D I know my join date says I'm new, but I've been competitively gaming since '04. Running tournaments since '07. :-P

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
My date says 07, but I'm an 05er. 04 if you count the occasional visit, which I'm not.

Just hype it up in your regional and work on that falcon. You don't want it being as weird as mine. :V

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I haven't gotten to play the new build much yet, so I figured I'd see what everyone's opinions on the physics changes were? Do they affect anything other than CGability? Is there a list already made up that has what exactly was changed? :o

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
Falcon is most definitely more ****, although I feel like more dumb stuff happens to him now than before haha.

Also, has anyone else noticed that if you run full sprint and try to jump off stage it will immediately go into a double jump that goes no where and makes you have to up b to not die?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Does anyone know the frame timing of Gentleman to knee? It knocks everyone except fast fallers into perfect position for a knee, but it doesn't register as a true combo in training mode. My only question is: "Can they mash air dodge and get out of the string on time or do they need to wiggle, jump, or attack?"

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm getting decent with him.

Only good thing I've done wit Falcon was show everyone how good Falcon Kick is. Both grounded and aerial.

Right now I'm working on BnBs, Stomp Combos, Stomp > Grab ****, and Dthrow Tech Chasing.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Everyone should recognize me as a pro in general, haha. I wish we had Brawl+ tournaments in Vegas again, though preferably not the same old 6 or so entrant tournaments. ;~; (lol ignorance)

I can play Falcon in Melee or in +. He's good with me either way.

And I love B+ Falcon Kick. I use it a lot, honestly.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
So, Im having a problem with counterpicking Chad in B+, His main is lucas, So ill go to Bowser for counterpicking his lucas the first match.

Second match, he pulls out falcon, hes very pro with falcon, as he is a top player in melee, and the skills obviously transfer over. Now either I dont know the falcon matchup with bowser, or Falcon just destroys bowser in every way.

Dont get me wrong though, I am very very good with bowser in B+, but I dont know the matchup that well, and I havent put an enourmous amount of time into him like I have Ganondorf. But im wondering if anyone knows how a top bowser vs falcon match would play out. I cant stay my main, Ganon in this matchup vs lucas, as its too one sided, so he pulls out falcon for an almost gauranteed win, thoughts?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Camp and Up-b spam? Truthfully Falcon is just gonna rush down all over you and the knee is super easy to hit on Bowser. When I play casuals with Bowser I just F-air camp and spam Up-b when he gets close. Weak hit n-air is also good combos.

Top Bottom