• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yayy neww vidd!

___X___

Smash Lord
please tell me how my sonic is doing.
i haven't been playing brawl lately(due to hanging with my girlfriend and getting some WOOT) but im trying my hardest to BEEF my sonic up!

Thanks!

also please comment ON YOUTUBE and SUBSCRIBE!(theres more vids were that came from :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IusEa73-z1I

Umby

Smash Master
X finally got a good sig. That doesn't mean you have to lie about getting some from a female, though. We all know you're a flaming homosexual.

On serious note, your Sonic is sharper than ever. It looks like you've refined your style a bit more. I kinda want to see how you do against a more defensive Marth though. In any case, keep it up.

Tenki

Smash Hero
You kept spindashing into stuff... lol

I really liked how you stopped momentum with shield and did a backwards SH ASC at the beginning. That was cool.

And I lol'd at the "wifi combo" (spindash>Homing Attack) and how successful it was XD

Still good.

Still running into stuff.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Nice sonic, man. just nitpicking, but polish your tech chasing a bit, add a bit more variety to your approach, though you didnt need it that much in this match. Also if he's gonna jump at you like that hit him with a Up Smash every once in a while to keep him honest.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
thats better than my sonic =)

at 1:43, when u were on the ledge and used side b away form the ledge, and JC on with a BAIR.. i wish it would have connected. but its a nasty technique. im gona definately steal that one.

seems like u really mastered most of sonic's stuff... u didnt really abuse any one move too much at all (maybe witth the exception of Bair, but thats ok because its a **** move). while still using the good things enuff to make them effective.

I hope you play people more, i think you could make people understand and see what i have seen sonic being capable of all along.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its his brother, and this match is why i keep saying that marth sonic is 50-50

but yo son, you almost got your shield broke, and i would never have forgiven you if that had happened.

and dont get predictable with spring to d-air, thats how you lost your first stock.

Empty SH to forward smash is beast. And you are good at doing that , you should consider using, run past to stop behind them to forward smash. its just as rapeful

work on your up throw follow ups

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That guy didn't look like he knew what he was doing vs. Sonic. Infact, he kept fairing right into Sonic in the beginning, and just kinda blindly rushed.

You played fairly well on the other hand, albeit with a few errors here and there (I'm sure you yourself can catch them).

More tilts though.

There's never enough tilts.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
That guy didn't look like he knew what he was doing vs. Sonic. Infact, he kept fairing right into Sonic in the beginning, and just kinda blindly rushed.

You played fairly well on the other hand, albeit with a few errors here and there (I'm sure you yourself can catch them).

More tilts though.

There's never enough tilts.
Hmm well seeing at its his brother... I would think he has quite a bit of experience against Sonic XD.

Also, I'm all for Marth Vs. Sonic being 50:50. Lol how come I think almost all the high/top tier match-ups are neutral/near neutral, but have much more trouble against the mids and lows?

Anywayysss, as for your Sonic, its great. Your matches are always entertaining to watch, and I love your aggro style taking advantage of Sonics speed. You basically send your opponents flying around the stage and chase them everywhere lol, which is in escense how I believe Sonic should ultimately be played. The only thing you're missing in your playstyle, as others have mentioned, are tilts and some more techchasing. Ftilt is one of you best tools in a marth matchup, so use it. Double dtilt to jab to grab is quite nice as well XD. Utilt's disjointedness can come quite in handy against aerial characters, as can usmash's sporadic priority and invincy frames.

But I mean come on, this was just one match, I can't expect you to use every single move in Sonic's moveset for one match-up! XD. I likez your sonic. Just tilt, grab, and techchase more.

EDIT: For the luz, I found this video in the related videos. Fthrow spam is hilarious, he pulls of 4 of them nearly consecutively, lolll. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEjRukR4Mgk

___X___

Smash Lord
hey guys! thanks a lot for the feed back! im gonna do everything i can to make my sonic better! :))))

Napilopez

Smash Lord
That's called being a subpar Marth.

This thread presents another reason why I don't like most of the character matchup ratios that Sonic mains like to present.
Well it was pretty obvious the marth was horrible, I just found the chained fthrows funny, hence why I posted it for the lulz.

This is not smiting you Umby, but I'm beginning to think match-up ratios have little to no value when it comes to playing with Sonic, which is why instead I generally just agree with the community consensus. Real-world play with Sonic is much too different from an onpaper textbook matchup discussion, moreso I'd say than when compared to other characters.

Umby

Smash Master
Well it was pretty obvious the marth was horrible, I just found the chained fthrows funny, hence why I posted it for the lulz.

This is not smiting you Umby, but I'm beginning to think match-up ratios have little to no value when it comes to playing with Sonic, which is why instead I generally just agree with the community consensus. Real-world play with Sonic is much too different from an onpaper textbook matchup discussion, moreso I'd say than when compared to other characters.
Truth post. Sonic's mobility is too much of a factor, but doesn't seem to create a stable matchup with most characters. Hence why I mostly go based on paper.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
We only have one Meta player who comes to tourneys and no one really cared about Meta, until recently. here are some examples of what is happening here:

1. One of our top ten smashers plays a **** diddy and does extremely well vs almost everyone. Last week he got worked by our meta player, so he decided to pick up meta in the tourney this last saturday he was playing mostly Meta against everyone and doing just as good, if not better, as his Diddy would have.

2. three other players have also recently switched their mains over to Meta recently.

3. The meta player is my best friend and we play each other many hours each week. He beats me very consistently even though we are of pretty even skill and we have both been playing brawl the exact same amount of time (because I am the only person he ever smashes with, not counting tourneys).

On Thursday, after getting sick of getting worked with my mains, snake and oli, I was frustrated and decided to see how I did in Meta dittos. I had never really used Meta before and within the hour my Meta was doing better and winning more than any of my other characters had ever done. I then decided that if I ever go up against a Meta in tourney I was going to counter with Meta.

4. In the tourney I mentioned on Saturday, I got to the finals and I was playing against an extremely good sonic player who had only ever lost to two other players in tournament before (1st in state and my Meta friend). He counter picked Rainbow Cruise - which is bad for both of my mains, snake and olimar and really good for sonic- and I thought I was screwed and had lost the match no matter what. I decided to go Meta just for the heck of it. I two stocked him. Seeing how well my Meta did against him I finished out the rest of the set with Meta and didn't come close to losing another match. My Meta did better than my mains ever have, and probably ever will against him.

This is probably my number one reason for wanting him banned. Remember, I had only been using Meta since Thursday. No one should be able to beat the top in state with a character they have only been using for the past two days, let alone two stock him, myself included.

I have been talking to my Meta friend about this and even he agrees that Meta should be banned after reading part of this thread and seeing our experience at the tourney on Saturday. He thinks that he should be banned and he is the only one in the entire state who will be greatly impacted because he has been maining Meta since the beginning and has rarely used any other character.
I ROFLD AT THIS!
i got it from the Mk should be banned thread....

care to explain yourself X?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Hmm? What does that have to do with the current thread? =P.

Or wait, is that Sonic being mentioned X?

And I can't wait to own meta's at the tourney saturday(I hope I don't have to eat my words! haha).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
go back to the tourney thread and look at teh results that X posted and look at who the one person that placed higher than him was, lol

i try to learn about all the sonic mainers. where they live who they play with. how they place, and when you know those things, pieces start fitting together. lmao...

tsk tsk tsk son

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
You're too offensive. That's all I have to say, really. You get predictable, and run into stupid attacks. Better players will punish you more for that. The Marth was pretty bad. Tenki mentioned the noteworthy parts already.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You're too offensive. That's all I have to say, really. You get predictable, and run into stupid attacks. Better players will punish you more for that. The Marth was pretty bad. Tenki mentioned the noteworthy parts already.
the bolded part i thought was aimed at me till i read the rest of teh post lol

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Good match, but I liked the one you have posted against Falco...

Sweet jab lock from the revival nair. That's how you get it done.

Your Sonic is fast and furious, but if you're as predictable as people say you are (maybe SD to HA a li'l less... and tilt more, yes) and you fix that, or are able to fix that when playing against other people, then you could defintely rock a house or three.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Lol since when is rainbow cruise good for sonic?
it sort of is, but not really.

You can use the boat to airdash (invincible ASC) at people, and there are a few other places for that, and I guess people just feel it's good for Sonic because of the whole 'you need mobility to survive' thing.

And I guess by the edges/high platforms, you can get some earlier kills.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Haha yes that was X in there. Dang, you're smart Kid :chuckle:

Edit: X is too good. He ***** hardcore. The only point of my post Kid quoted was to show how broken Meta is and that Meta should be banned. Everyone else should support this cause as well and put the pic in my sig as theirs :)

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I'm the diddy in the post about Mk being banned... anyways I only played metaknight once that tourney and only reason was because I was being counterpicked kongo jungle...

Now that's besides the point, X is probably one of the best sonics out there... He always keeps pressure on his opponents but you do get to predictable man :( Anyways we should get some videos of my diddy vs your sonic yeahhh?

DRYU EDIT: I made X's sig:]

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Oh, whoops, I heard that you had played a lot of Meta and the only match I saw you play you were meta so I assumed it was true. But the main point of that part still stands, people who didn't used to play meta are picking him up because of how much he ***** against anyone on any stage.

Anyways, that's not the point of this thread, so you can take further discussion to *here*
This thread is for talking about how much X's sonic *****.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I'm the diddy in the post about Mk being banned... anyways I only played metaknight once that tourney and only reason was because I was being counterpicked kongo jungle...

Now that's besides the point, X is probably one of the best sonics out there... He always keeps pressure on his opponents but you do get to predictable man :( Anyways we should get some videos of my diddy vs your sonic yeahhh?

DRYU EDIT: I made X's sig:]
Aren't you one of X's 45453485 brothers?

:093:

___X___

Smash Lord
Aren't you one of X's 45453485 brothers?

:093:
Why yes he is!

and i love that guy!

i love his nanners that make my Trip cuz they are so BIG.

and i love ken neth, he has the best ipod music ever.

and yes Dark ryu(my brooo) made my sexy sig. suck it yalll

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Dai-A is solid. I can't speak for his Marth, though. XD

Fancy stuff, X. I like your Sonic. You might need to work on the basics a bit more. Your Sonic is waaaaaaaaay flashy, but you do some really unnecessary things on occasion. Well, more than just on occasion. ♥

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
You used HA as a gimp and it made me happy :o
Realistically though I don't think you could have gotten away with some of the combos you did on a better player in person.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Okay, first off, Dai-A lives with him, which means it wasn't a WFC match.

Second, he is ranked first in UT for Brawl. He came to Colorado, and *****. I don't even think he plays Marth, but his Falco is something scary, and his ICs aren't exactly push-overs, either. His DK is ********. He is NOT a bad player, he's not even mediocre. This is an example of how videos are nowhere near representative of player strength, especially for Brawl, where all it is is thinking games.

Stop saying it wouldn't work on a better player, or in person. It does, and it does. You can't spam stuff like that, because then they'll react in time, but you can do it on occasion, especially against Marth.

I give Sonic the advantage in this match-up, hands down. He can gimp Marth, he can kill Marth at lower percents on a regular basis, he can outspeed, outspace, and outplay Marth. Seriously, 65:35, Sonic's favour.

On a side note, who is interested in the frame data I've compiled for Sonic? I need help finishing it, but I'll give you guys my technique and everything.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I wanted some frame data. My requests are in the other frame data thread.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Okay, first off, Dai-A lives with him, which means it wasn't a WFC match.

Second, he is ranked first in UT for Brawl. He came to Colorado, and *****. I don't even think he plays Marth, but his Falco is something scary, and his ICs aren't exactly push-overs, either. His DK is ********. He is NOT a bad player, he's not even mediocre. This is an example of how videos are nowhere near representative of player strength, especially for Brawl, where all it is is thinking games.

Stop saying it wouldn't work on a better player, or in person. It does, and it does. You can't spam stuff like that, because then they'll react in time, but you can do it on occasion, especially against Marth.

I give Sonic the advantage in this match-up, hands down. He can gimp Marth, he can kill Marth at lower percents on a regular basis, he can outspeed, outspace, and outplay Marth. Seriously, 65:35, Sonic's favour.

On a side note, who is interested in the frame data I've compiled for Sonic? I need help finishing it, but I'll give you guys my technique and everything.
Everything he says is true. Even about the spamming.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Seriously, 65:35 for Sonic against marth? O_O, Izzy, are you talking about this match or match up discussion. If the former, okay. If the latter... ehh....

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
/agree with MC

and for boxob, i believe its,
Lada
Dai-A
STAZ
Dark Ryu
and X
correct m e if im wrong but i think thats all his bros from youngest to oldest.

also, X part of sonics game is mind games and baiting, i think it would be really good for you, as well as really funny to watch if in your games, you took like 10 secs and didnt do anythin except walk and forward tilt, it will really throw people off.

theyll be like
"holy crap!! sonic cna walk!?!"
trust me, its funny as hell

also, youre still not better than me XP

EDIT fixed

Top Bottom