• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link Match Up Discussion. Ask Questions Here!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that sounds godlike ROFL

excessively risky. talkin bout ledge cancel zair to fire spike? ylink's laggiest moves being used in a death combo that only works with proper DI and a hit confirm?

godlike.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Sure, just voted for it. Nice story.

Also, I'm assuming the zair ledgecancel would be off a platform and not the floor of something like FD or YS? Otherwise you'd have to zair ledgecancel jump dair and probably miss

rhan

Smash Hero
I could only vote for it once from my phone and computer.. your ip address must change frequently or something. O.o

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I could only vote for it once from my phone and computer.. your ip address must change frequently or something. O.o
Nope, my IP address is static. IDK why it doesn't work for anyone else, but unless this issue gets "fixed" I am going to keep voting for it every day until the voting time is over!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I wonder if I can vote multiple times with a different browser... I'll try that after I finish my homework/work.

Also, this seems to be a social thread atm. Maybe there should be a YL social thread? Or is this thread fine enough? lol

rhan

Smash Hero
Well I'd like to believe it's half and half a social and match-uo thread. Cuz we do talk about match-ups and ask/answer questions about Young Link.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well I'd like to believe it's half and half a social and match-uo thread. Cuz we do talk about match-ups and ask/answer questions about Young Link.
If it is half and half I'd encourage a social thread. Just to you know keep it separate.

For me, I'd like it if the main Q&A thread would be geared more toward answering questions or discussions.

I haven't been like on top of everything the entire time here so I'll leave it up to you guys, or Vanz to decide that.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
If oponent is not too far
Boomerang first
if it hits, or if its blocked, i go Boomerang again
(pulling out bombs is tooo risky, and standing arrows.... i just use em for like edgeguards, or spam from far away, any char can shuffe you if you arrow)

if oponent is far
Boomerang -> pull out bomb -> receive boomerang -> throw again boomerang -> throw bomb -> repeat.

if oponent is near, and you wanna camp, just run xD, you can't really spam if near, against most top tiers (fox, falco, falcon, marth will punish you hard with anything if you keep spaming near them)

also
go and watch Armada vs HBox
xD

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think having a bomb in your hand is the most important thing with YL

so

if the opponent is too far

i wouldn't necessarily always rang first

bomb baby

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm going to a melee event at No Brand Con next weekend and the weekend after that I'm going to Eau Claire Sucks at Smash 3. Hopefully, there will be melee recordings and I can show off more of my YL. :D Then I can also get more MU advice. :laugh:

EDIT: Nevermind, no one is going to record melee at No Brand Con next week. I might be able to get some recording the week after that at ECSS3 though. hopefully

rhan

Smash Hero
That may be old but that's Young Link's metagame.That guy is wayyyy too flashy though for no reason.. Like the SH bomb drops to re grab.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
its ok to have fun while winning lol

i live in a region where silentspectre is at

random flashy stuff all day.

rhan

Smash Hero
Well I'm EC/souf. Over here we focus on winning.. lmaoooo

I wish I lived in AZ though..

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah yeah lol. i've had my fair share of ec players and ec-like players. players from fresno, ca play like they're from east coast. it's hard to describe lol.. its just a different style. nothing too fancy, with some cool moments, but just good overall

socal and norcal are diff regions entirely tho

socal: rush in... ****... unless ur fly amanita
norcal: do something innovative or u lose

Top Bottom