• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm a fan of sub seed breloom myself
Magik. I would love to meet you at last at HOBO but alas I can't I already made plans for HOBO weekend and plus I have some restricting issues that would prevent me from going to HOBO anyway. D: I really would love to meet my Deep South Texan PT bro. Also I'm going to have Zig and some other Texans who come to the LA thread every so often to haul your *** to our LasT Smash which has just been posted to be like the weekend after Thanksgiving (28-29th). ;)

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Burning somebody is better than putting people to sleep. Fire is sooooooo cool. I'm not a pyro, at least, any more than most people, but burning an enemy's pokemon is ****.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I picked up Platinum for the first time in three months. Maybe I'll actually try getting 100 straight at the Battle Tower again, haha. I need ribbons for my Zapdos, Lickilicky, and Venusaur.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
lickilicky is like the most lulz pokemon ever

i love it
And that is why Lickilicky is the most boss Pokemon to use in competitive battling EVER. I saw a sig one time that showed Chuck Norris holding a Lickilicky.

True story.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
He's probably in like UU or something, but Lickilicky makes me feel happy inside when I consider how strong its Explosion is. That and it can use Gyro Ball effectively. Almost as effectively as Hitmontop.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
He's probably in like UU or something, but Lickilicky makes me feel happy inside when I consider how strong its Explosion is. That and it can use Gyro Ball effectively. Almost as effectively as Hitmontop.
Yeah, Lickilicky's UU. Curse and Gyro Ball is soooo good. Plus when you beat down people, it's oh so rewarding to say "You got wrecked by a freaking Lickilicky!"

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i can't decide whether lickilicky is the greatest pokemon name ever or the worst pokemon name ever

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Well, it's not the best because Miles as a lactating pig called a Mamoswine (emphasis on the name Mamoswine) totally trunps the Lilliputianly lethargic lameness labelled "lickilicky."

IThinkAboutIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
One of the first things that I thought when I saw this Lickylicky was that he would be named Lollicker or something like that.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
i can't decide whether lickilicky is the greatest pokemon name ever or the worst pokemon name ever
Obviously it's the former. I mean, think about all the stuff he can do with that tongue of his.

Think about it.

Asa

Smash Hero
Btw, what the hell does rayquaza supposed to be? most pokemon names have some sort of inspirtation, can't think of one for rayquaza

Vermy

Smash Champion
From Bulbapedia:

Rayquaza's name is likely a combination of ray and quasar . Although Rayquaza's Romanized name suggests its Japanese name is meant to be the same as its English name, it could be a combination of retsu , violent or furious, ku , sky, and za , from universe.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Rayquaza is also a take-off of Quetzacoatl. Probably spelled that one wrong, haha.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Looking back at older threads and posts from a little under a year ago, these boards have changed a LOT. It's crazy to see how many people used to post back in the day who stopped coming regularly. And there's been a lotta new PTs, too, of course.

So guys, I'm going to HOBO, and I'm bringing the Pokemanz. Without spoiling too much, show of hands real quick. Golduck or Heracross?

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Bug types don't take 2x damage from Psychic unless they are also Poison/Fighting type. The only types that do 2x damage to Bugs are Fire, Flying and Rock. The Rock weakness is probably one of the bigger reasons why a lot of Bug types suck. It's also no coincidence that the three best Bug Pokemon happen to have secondary types that resist Rock (Scizor, Forretress, Heracross)

Bugs like Mothim and Beautifly will suck no matter how weak to Rock they are though xDDDD

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
At least, in Fire Red, Mewtwo does his mega-mojo-of-psychic-death and it's super effective on the rival's Heracross.
Ubersssssssss

Sounds like I'm using Golduck, then. I need to test some team combos before HOBO. :O

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Yo, Australian PT's: where I am, my computer tells me thall all of my times are GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) -5, even though I have it in the wrong time zone, so it's really GMT-6. What times do y'all have (check the bottom of any page here). I want to know the time difference.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Its 6:26 pm here. =) I only live one state down from Toby, so we're in the same time zone.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Dear PT Boards:

What are the training grounds?

Okay, so the training grounds are for newer players, and good players alike.

The point of the training grounds?

Anyone looking to learn a character can directly contact "Teachers" in order to learn more about the character. Whether you main the character and are looking to get better, or you want to pick up a new character, this is the place for you.

The Training Grounds, also called the Smash School, is looking to improve the Boards. We have teachers to pass on knowledge to those who want to learn, and it is becoming fairly successful. However, not every character is largely or even to a fair degree represented here, and that's where you come in. If you feel that you have the time, the experience, and the effort to help out, please visit the Smash School right now.

This really can make a big difference, especially to new members. But in order for it to become big, you have to help. If you're not quite teacher-material, go ahead and check it out anyway. You might improve your main, or even find fun with learning somebody new! Its a place for everyone!

Naturally, if you have questions or perhaps an idea, you can post in the thread. Or you can PM one of the "commitee."

Committee Members

Straked, the plumber.
S.O.L.I.D., the prince.
Cherry64, the woman.
GwJumpman, the robot.
If you think you'd be interested in being a teacher, PM your application to S.O.L.I.D.

Top Bottom