• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Xyless

Smash Master
UGH, this took so long to do. Doesn't help that when I first made him quite a few months ago (just the first slot), I didn't layer his major things properly (Squirtle's shell design, in particular, was still on the yellow part behind it).

I might get a separate big picture for individual Pokemon, but right now, I'm just celebrating that the hardest "character" is now done.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I think they're kinda funny, haha.

The Bowser one reminds me of a Tim Burton movie.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think the idea is pretty awesome. Now if only if can be done for the entire CSS/SSS, and entire Menu.

hurricanehans

Smash Rookie
hahaha thats too good. I love the determined faces on all of them, and then ivy is back there looking like a doofball.

Bomber7

Smash Hero

I did this one for that drawing contest thing in the Art forum last year. It just so happened to be around Mardi Gras. After that, I got into advertising for tournies and my art went digital. Just look up BearBomber on Photobucket and I have some siggies advertising tournies.

Edit: If you like my work and ever want me to make a siggy advertising an event our tournament just shoot me a PM :D

hurricanehans

Smash Rookie
Wow, thats pretty cool Bomber! I'll check out some of your digital stuff in a minute.

I find myself doodling smash related things when im bored but im not nearly as good as you. Stick with it, man.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Wow, thats pretty cool Bomber! I'll check out some of your digital stuff in a minute.

I find myself doodling smash related things when im bored but im not nearly as good as you. Stick with it, man.
took me like 3 hours to do that. I'm not a good artist but I'm an aspiring cartoonist. I'm currently working on a cartoon series based on a silly inside joke between me and one of the social groups I belong to.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
hi all.

so, i know ive come in here before when i was playing PT for fun, but ive picked him up as an alt as of 2 weeks ago.

A little about me, Im the best pikachu in norcal, tho i havent been to any torunies due to where i go to school, so another pika may have been placing well, tho im not sure. Ive mained pika for a few years now, and i used to alt snake, but ive been really loving the recognition for using underrated characters, and ive been having alota fun with PT as of late so im going to try him as an alt and hopefully get some rep going on in norcal for him.

Ill be posting around here more often now, id like to get to know you guys since i didnt know the snakes very well when i altd him, so yeah thats my story its really nice to meet you all!

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Cool kasrani :) if you really like Pt you have to pay some time to him in order to somehow play him competive though, would be nice to have another PT represent.

I tried drawing pokemon like over a year ago, wasn't very pleased with the results, I did requests only.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
wow those are really good. i like the dragonite hes scarved lol, needs that extra speed for SWEEPING POWER!

and yeah im trying to learn all i can with him. theres a lack of good players here, but i have a friend who alts PT helping me on wifi, like i said not much of a scene up here:/

im going to be doing wifi lader, or at least LEARN to wifi lol, ill be going PT mostly since wifi is hell for pika.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ingoro, that's pretty legit if you ask me. All of them are very good. I like the Dragonite and typh. Though as much as I think Cresselia is a b**** and her her with a fiery passion, you did a pretty good job drawing her.

Steeler: She probably stole them off the (poke)floats. lol. Stealthy vinewhips all day.

T-block

B2B TST
Good to have you here, Forever.

Ingoro those drawings are amazing x.x If you're not pleased with those, you should show us something you were pleased with imo.

bigman40

Smash Master
Ingoro must have some extreme expectations about his drawings. Those are really good (way better than what I could've done). How long did each take you on average?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Yea I guess...I just don't see the point in maining a chracter if you arent sincere about it

but you are right...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yea I guess...I just don't see the point in maining a chracter if you arent sincere about it

but you are right...
Some prefer to win no matter what; they'll pick up characters just to help make up for bad match-ups or default to Meta Knight when something's really on the line.

Some prefer fame and recognition over everything else; they do things out of the ordinary and are willing to make what others would consider a bad decision in order to look good/be loyal to their main.

Some play because they love their character, plain and simple. Someone may be a huge fan of the Metroid series and just isn't interested in any character but Samus as a result.

Some see potential in a character that hasn't been reached yet, and they sincerely feel that it is worth unlocking in the end. Getting beat up by the current high tiers may be worth it when you're able to figure out that your character does pretty well with newly-discovered and mastered tactics.

The main thing is, different people have their own reasoning for playing characters and/or the game in general, and far be it from someone else to tell another person what they should play for. The goal is to gain as much enjoyment as they want, and that can be achieved in all sorts of ways that may be unique to the individual. What may seem boring or pointless or stupid to you can mean a lot to someone else.

(Note that I'm not scolding you; just, that it's different strokes for different folks.)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
naw man its all good reflex...I understand

still <3 you

and mad our ditto didn't go up yet...unless it did and I just haven't checked

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm considering picking up Toon Link again as my second main. After my performance at Voodoo Smash II (last place with all PT), I'm highly considering letting Red sit out until I can gain easy access to people to help train me up. At least with Link or Toon Link, bombing comes natural to me so in the long run, I should see better results.

Sorry guys, but I just flat out suck now and there isn't any hope of me getting any better. D:

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
Aw man, don't do that. I won a tourney as Toon Link early this year. Felt really lame. No challenge. Playing PT is much more fun. Can't wait to go to the same tourney as PT next year. I wasn't confident enough in my skills as PT back then, but practice solves everything.

Top Bottom