• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Yea Dude I Pretty much been going all kirby in all of recent tourney's

I still PT any DK Though...love that matchup...lol

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
I don't know, people can do whatever they want, their choice, but I don't really think trading fun for wins is worth it in the end. But if you have fun with a high tier: Go ahead. Fun is what matters after all.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
besides, it's kind of an identity issue. "Bomber" playing a non-bombing character. It's unheard of.

I vote we give bombs to Squirtle!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
lol well im really using PT for a bit to help me with 2 things

1) transition into playing wifi. The players at my school are terribad, and i need someone to play to keep me up to speed. im losing it here with pika and i wanted to use PT for a while to help me get used to wifi before switching back to pika

2) give my pika a break and time to learn new things. I really just want my pika to learn off of what i can learn with my PT.

i honestly prob wont be going PT for a long time, im just tryna use him for a bit to help my pika. im def gonna try and get him to my pikas lvl and take him to some tournies and see how i do. Just need a bit of a break and alting PT seems like itd be alot of fun since my pt plays alot like my pika, cept from what ive read im gona have to change that lol

sorry if my reasoning for using him isnt very good, i just want a fresh start on my playing right now. i got wrecked on wifi last night and it was great, i hadnt had competition like that in a long time. but im def going to do my best with pt and overcome what i can.

also zig, id love to play during summer. ive only ever played one bowser and it was KingKong at apex.........and i had no clue how to treat that mu as pika lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
also zig, id love to play during summer. ive only ever played one bowser and it was KingKong at apex.........and i had no clue how to treat that mu as pika lol.
KK's legit--that's a great way to start!

I haven't played many Pikachus since I switched over to Bowser a few months ago, but K Prime and I are gonna get some games in this weekend.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
good luck! primes really good. and yeah pika v bowser, im assumin we just suppossed to camp jolts, but v kk it didnt work lol, my pool at apex was alot of me having no clue how to play my mu's, but i won my harder mus that i DID know so i was happy about that lol. Where in norcal will u b living?

also, im using wifi atm as i have no good players here, im still learning it but if ud like we cld wifi sometime maybay??? :O

hurricanehans

Smash Rookie
good luck. online is not much better. :bee:
So true.
Since i'm relatively new to brawl, i'm lacking wifi friends:c which means the only human competition available is in the "play with anyone" section. I could probably beat 90% of the people there with their own character that i've never played before. Not trying to brag my "uber skilz" but **** are they horribad.

Also, is posting friend codes against the rules in this section? If so, would someone kindly point me in the right direction?:bee:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
All is Brawl --> Chatrooms --> Match Rooms/Ladder

Enjoy playing against wifi players. WiFi is actually an amazing chance to get better and improve on your ability to read opponent players and practice certain techniques.

I started off as a WiFi Player for a loooooooooooonnnnnng time...

:nifty::leek:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Also, is posting friend codes against the rules in this section? If so, would someone kindly point me in the right direction?:bee:
It's not against the rules, but you're not really going to get any response from it here.

I think this is what you're looking for--

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182

That being said, if you're looking for online play, you're really better off checking out AllisBrawl. It has a much larger following there.

EDIT: SuSa has the right idea.

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah, WiFi has its place - some of today's best players started off online. As long as you use it to improve the right things, and don't rely on lag to win, you can definitely improve from it.

You're allowed to post friend codes here, but I'll warn you now that most people who visit this board don't play online. You'll probably have better luck in the Brawl Online section, or on AiB.

EDIT: or I can get ninja'd be Reflex being ninja's by SuSa

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
So true.
Since i'm relatively new to brawl, i'm lacking wifi friends:c which means the only human competition available is in the "play with anyone" section. I could probably beat 90% of the people there with their own character that i've never played before. Not trying to brag my "uber skilz" but **** are they horribad.

if you would like to ever play u can find me here alot -> http://xat.com/HighVoltageClan

thats the pika xat, im there alot since im usually working on updating pika guides and such, but feel free to come here and find me if ud like to play

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
good luck! primes really good. and yeah pika v bowser, im assumin we just suppossed to camp jolts, but v kk it didnt work lol, my pool at apex was alot of me having no clue how to play my mu's, but i won my harder mus that i DID know so i was happy about that lol. Where in norcal will u b living?
Prime's legit for sure. We haven't played any Bowser-Pikachu matches yet, so I'm really looking forward to it, especially since some of the Pikas on the boards think it's a 70-30 MU, which is COMPLETELY ridiculous. A lot of people just assume if they have a projectile, it's an automatic 70-30, haha.

T-Jolt's annoying for Bowser to deal with, for sure; but it's relatively easy to powershield. If Pika spams it too much, it gives Bowser an easy way to get in and get a grab off. That said, Pikachu has CG Bowser around 0-70, I think. But then Pikachu has trouble killing Bowser, and Bowser's gonna be lasting for a while longer.

I'll be living in Redwood City this summer. I'll either be working at DreamWorks Animation or Pixar.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
After this weekend of offline hot Pt action, squirtle ****** the dutch community, I decided to drop my high tier character, Let pokemon trainer & zelda rest for a while for online play and spend all my time on wi-fi to pick up a decent Diddy kong to broaden my bad match-ups.

For my paintings, I like anything better that's on my website :)
Although, I haven't drawn in like months and I'm sorta missing it i will get back to it once I finish my internship in january.

www.rogierstam.com

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
yeah zigsta the mu is 60-40 imo. i cldnt camp bowser when i played kk, but i was gettng impatient lol. upb oos was a ***** to deal with and teh CG goes to about 80 plus regrab, but only fthrow, u can up b out of a dthrow cg, i think u can footstool it too. but yeah, killing can be hard, specialy since we have to use the jolt since ur tilt beat out our ground approach, gettin under bowser is the only option i usually take.

as for summer, ill find u and will play lol

T-block

B2B TST
I cannot powershield T-jolt worth ****. Seriously, I have to just jump over them or I take like 80% in T-jolt spam.

After this weekend of offline hot Pt action, squirtle ****** the dutch community, I decided to drop my high tier character, Let pokemon trainer & zelda rest for a while for online play and spend all my time on wi-fi to pick up a decent Diddy kong to broaden my bad match-ups.

For my paintings, I like anything better that's on my website :)
Although, I haven't drawn in like months and I'm sorta missing it i will get back to it once I finish my internship in january.

www.rogierstam.com
PT/Diddy is a hot combination <3

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
Ingoro, thats some cool art.

Zigsta, Pixel/Dreamworks? Thats pretty sweet. What kindo of job will you get there?

I draw quite a lot, and upload some of my stuff here.

By the way, guys, in your opinions, which is the worst MU for PT?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I don't have a problem with snakes

marth is def one of them tho...**** marth
The only Marth I have ever had problems with was Lee Martin's but hey, look at the massive skill difference. :glare:

Other than that the Marth players in Louisiana that are considered ok-good (for our standards lol) I've never had a problem with. Even if I lose, it's always by a close margin. I managed to space marths pretty well with Squirtle and Ivy. Watergun spams all day and razorleaf+followups all day. Can't say the same for Zard. Avoid MU as much as possible.

Seems like I'm the only PT who really has mentioned he has no problem with Marths

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I love Char vs Marth...its the fact that squirtle gets ****** ovver thats messes me up becuase squirtle is clearly my best

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
hm. yeah i noticed that the MU thread isnt very complete lol, i was tryna look at MU's and didnt find anything cept an ancient thread. No surprise here that Marth is bad, he ***** pika just as hard LOL.

i was wondering tho, if i cld get some input, how do you play the olimar/zss/pikachu mu? i mean, i know pika, hes my main lol, but AS PT i dont really know the best way to go about it. i know what pika has on PT, but what can pt do v pika?

also im more concerned about oli mu rather than pika since i only fight my pikas on the ec, fight more olis here lol, plus the oli mu is terribad for pika, but idk about for pt.

T-block

B2B TST
My Ivysaur and Charizard have a horrendous time with Pikachu... I find I can never catch him, but as I said, I'm also terrible at powershielding t-jolts, so that might have something to do with it.

Squirtle just tosses Olimar around like it's nothing. It's pretty fun actually.

Yeah the matchup thread is...a work in progress... I will kickstart it as soon as I get done with this wave of midterms.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
My Ivysaur and Charizard have a horrendous time with Pikachu... I find I can never catch him, but as I said, I'm also terrible at powershielding t-jolts, so that might have something to do with it.

Squirtle just tosses Olimar around like it's nothing. It's pretty fun actually.

Yeah the matchup thread is...a work in progress... I will kickstart it as soon as I get done with this wave of midterms.
i know im really new but i helped with alot of threads in the pika boards, including creating the character specific stage discussion thread, so if theres any way i can help let me know. ill put my 2 cents on mu's, just cant gurantee i know pt well enough to offer anything TOO insightful lol.

thanks for advice v olimar btw. as for his camping, how do u approach that? if found that squirtle, like u said, is the easiest to combo with, but as for approaching, how do u do it?

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Haha, squirtle vs marth is hell, I've fought ranked marth players here with squirtle ( Mr.r, RoNic) and they just outspace you, outrange you and you'll get a grabreleasse buffered tipper Fsmash which kills you at 60%. So that match-up is actually kinda bad since you lose your massive powerhouse. The worst match-up is GaW though, fight a skilled ranked one and you're toast. Snake is do-able as in squirtle can get even with him, Ivysaur can do some gimmicky **** on him ( bullet seed coz he's heavy, razor leaf on him while he's holding a nade will result in it exploding) and charizard has several options to work around snake if he manages to get close.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
^inform me how..
GW has limited ways of approaching and is in general a predictable character. If he planks you, though, there's only 1 frame of vulnerability you can take advantage of. If GW decides to play THAT gay, he can easily make your Pokemon fatigued.

If you think of GW as a circle, I find it really helps to properly plan out your own attacks.

Top Bottom