• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

hurricanehans

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I'm a new member around here so I thought a social thread would be a good place to introduce myself.
First off, i don't currently own brawl, but i will probably buy it soon due to my re-interest in smash. In melee, i mained falco. In brawl, i will probably main PT (hence my intro here). Reflex was the largest influence on my new, soon-to-be main. He's just a great player and his squirtle is really, REALLY fun to watch (my favorite pokemon :bee:).
I consider myself as a competitive player even though i have never competed in any smash tournaments. I just like to follow the metagame and improve my own game. Sadly, not too many people in my area are smash fans. I can't say i don't like beating up on level 9 computers though!

Anyway, I'm glad to finally be a member here and i'm looking forward to getting to know some of you guys.

P.S. can someone direct me to another high level PT player? preferably one that has some match footage available. Thanks!

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Hey guys,

I'm a new member around here so I thought a social thread would be a good place to introduce myself.
First off, i don't currently own brawl, but i will probably buy it soon due to my re-interest in smash. In melee, i mained falco. In brawl, i will probably main PT (hence my intro here). Reflex was the largest influence on my new, soon-to-be main. He's just a great player and his squirtle is really, REALLY fun to watch (my favorite pokemon :bee:).
I consider myself as a competitive player even though i have never competed in any smash tournaments. I just like to follow the metagame and improve my own game. Sadly, not too many people in my area are smash fans. I can't say i don't like beating up on level 9 computers though!

Anyway, I'm glad to finally be a member here and i'm looking forward to getting to know some of you guys.

P.S. can someone direct me to another high level PT player? preferably one that has some match footage available. Thanks!
Well welcome :) Check out the video thread for all the other players. There's a lot of interesting videos there. Other Pt's that are worth watching are Magik, Typh, Kith just to name a few, if you're really interested in playing good it's worth it to watch all the videos :p

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
You know, I noticed somethig... Everytime I watch a video by an awesome PT, they always kick a lot of butt with their Squirtle, but the Ivysaur and Charizard are never even nearly as impressive.
People should try harder into finding new things to do with them. :/

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
DK's the only MU I'd probably not go Bowser against at this point. I'd MM ANY DK with PT.

T-block

B2B TST
He can always roll away on reaction, though.
Then you just ROCK SMASH AGAIN

Hey guys,

Hey welcome to the boards hurricanehans. Read things, ask questions, etc. You can learn a lot here ;)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know, I noticed somethig... Everytime I watch a video by an awesome PT, they always kick a lot of butt with their Squirtle, but the Ivysaur and Charizard are never even nearly as impressive.
I WONDER why that is. :/

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
People should try harder into finding new things to do with them. :/
hey man we do what we can

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
I guess.

I agree that in a lot of matchups Squirtle ends up doing much better than the others, but it seems that everyone just focuses on training more with Squirtle and learning his ATs, and the other two are just forgotten. I think they have a lot of potential, people just need to spend as much time on them as they do on Squirtle when training.

But hey, I'm pretty much a noob, so I can't really say much.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
What up PT mains. A quick question: how does the fatigue system work? Telling me every tiny detail will help.

Does fatigue happen over time? Because I go idle in the wifi waiting room and lazy Charizard still gets worn out. I'd also like to know how long it takes to get fatigued.

Does more move usage speed up fatigue? I heard Sqiurtle gets fatigued the fastest because the speedy little dude is always running around and using a lot of quick moves.

What are the consequences of fatigue? If they aren't too bad, then a switch out which would leave you vulnerable may not always be the best option. I assume the moves have less damage/knockback, but I'd like an accurate description.

That is really all I need to know. I just like using PT for friendlies and with anyone mode on wifi, but knowing fatigue info would be useful for me (although they're friendlies, I still want to win them :lick:).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What up PT mains. A quick question: how does the fatigue system work. Telling me every tiny detail will help.

Does fatigue happen over time? Because I go idle in the wifi waiting room and lazy Charizard still gets worn out. I'd also like to know how long it takes to get fatigued.

Does more move usage speed up fatigue? I heard Sqiurtle gets fatigued the fastest because the speedy little dude is always running around and using a lot of quick moves.

What are the consequences of fatigue? If they aren't too bad, then a switch out which would leave you vulnerable may not always be the best option. I assume the moves have less damage/knockbacj, but I'd like an accurate description.

That is really all I need to know. I just like using PT for friendlies and with anyone mode on wifi, but knowing fatigue info would be useful for me (although they're friendlies, I still want to win them :lick:).
In order--

Fatigue works like this: You have two minutes' worth of "energy." Every attack you do (barring anything that has to do with throws, and very specific moves, like Squirtle's jab3) takes a full second off the fatigue timer, regardless of whether or not it hits. At a certain point (A minute? Minute-and-twenty-seconds? Not sure), you get tired; your attacks have 80% of their normal knockback, damage, and hitstun, which continues to get worse until your two minutes is up, where your attacks are at 70%.

Each Pokémon has a separate fatigue timer. For every second a Pokémon is not out, they get two seconds' worth of energy back. You can't have "negative" energy past the two minutes, and you can't have "extra" energy for not being out for longer than a minute. Also, when a Pokémon gets KO'd, 70% of the fatigue the KO'd Pokémon had goes away instantly.

EDIT: Or, what he said.

femmetriforce

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm going to introduce myself, I'm Joker, I'm from Colombia (South America), more specifically Barranquilla (Have you seen Modern Family? Well I'm from Gloria is from :p) I main Wario, but I like too much Pokemon Trainer, is my secondary, and I use them in Tournaments, I would like to say hi, and I'll be around here :p

T-block

B2B TST
Welcome femmetriforce ^_^

You start at 100% power, then once two minutes (after subtracting moves) are up, you're at 80%. Once you're at 2:10, your power starts decreasing further until you're at 70%. It would take 3:20 to get to this point without using any moves. But yeah, it's all in the thread that's linked.

Update: I don't think I'll be going to Dallas =(

Dajayman

Thanks for the info. It's good to know, but it sucks that PT has to deal with fatigue...
I wish you could use lone pokemon, I'd be a Charizard/Squirtle main all day (not fond of Ivysaur).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
When are you guys coming to Eu? big tournament in germany in Decemeber :D
The day I stop being a poor college student, I guess.

Outside of that, I'm no M2K, so no one's gonna make a "send him out-of-country" fund for me. :(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If somebody would make that fund, would you go Reflex?
In a heartbeat. I've always wanted to travel so far, and Germany's always seemed like a nice place to be.

It would be neat to understand how the metagame has developed in another part of the world, too. It would be good for me, I'm sure. I wouldn't mind saving up to help, too, of course. Sounds quite pleasant to me.

hurricanehans

Smash Rookie
well that sure would be awesome to watch!
Does anybody have an idea of how much that would cost? I could probably donate a little myself :)

Dajayman

AAAH! I HATE fatigue so much! It sucks so much when I'm wrecking with Charizard and I gotta waste time and switch... :cry:

Btw I like your Chopper avatar Reflex. <3 One Piece.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
In a heartbeat. I've always wanted to travel so far, and Germany's always seemed like a nice place to be.

It would be neat to understand how the metagame has developed in another part of the world, too. It would be good for me, I'm sure. I wouldn't mind saving up to help, too, of course. Sounds quite pleasant to me.
Well, Orion recently came to our country ( don't know if you know him, but he's pretty legit American MK. ) and like you, I was curious of how americans and europeans differ from each other. He said it in a few sentence: "Americans are low risk, low reward. Here you guys play with high risk, high reward" think of things like charging up marth's neutral B infront of your opponent, it's a huge risk but the other played get's so mindfudged that he spotdodges, shields again, shield break. It's just a small example of what European players do often and what you won't quickly see on american players. Also, Ally said that we played faster, more offensive and less defensive, I think any starting player plays like this too lol. Anyways, while reading this I realize that I really need to get some videos of my european Pokemon Trainer up, if it can only help you americans by an small bit I think I can give you guys another view on Pokemon Trainer. ( I recently got a Dazzle recorder, no clue how to make it work yet)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I keep forgetting to tell you guys: I can't make it to MLG Dallas anymore. :(

I'm shooting a 35mm short that weekend.

Top Bottom