• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Who's a really good complementary secondary for PT? Like, for example, I've heard that Donkey Kong and Squeakachu are really complementary to eachother, for example, if one has a bad matchup, the other one typically covers it pretty well. Is there any character like that fpr PT? Maybe one of our sworn enemies (Marth, MK, etc.)?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
yeah but see the funny thing is i just did it with a character i've been playing as for less than a month
My older brother did that a couple of weeks ago (Ice Climbers). He's doing a lot better than before.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
So anyways i found an old camera i had and decided to upload a match i had against phanthomX myself, I'll probably record alot of brawl vids later, or tomorrow, depending when i get this homework done

T-block

B2B TST
I would like to see more Kith TBlock and CoonerTapioca vids.
workin' on it... i've got a few from the last tournament i went to, but there's really only one set worth watching out of them. the rest are either me messing around with some scrubs or getting the **** kicked out of me by snake

i'll try to record next time i play ;D

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I gotta get more up I recently had a set with ally adhd pat g and a few other huge names

But in short I gotta get more vids up so I deff will try......figuring ryko went to VA on me the videos have stopped being madeee

LOL but does this mean miles is actually giving a **** about me playing PT hahahaha

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
workin' on it... i've got a few from the last tournament i went to, but there's really only one set worth watching out of them. the rest are either me messing around with some scrubs or getting the **** kicked out of me by snake

i'll try to record next time i play ;D
Snakes not that bad.

I learned that from watching Reflex raaaaaaaaape Ajax.

I was beating the snakes I played this weekend. Its all about patience.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
OHHHH btw along with playing against ally adhd pat g I also got sets in and coaching from vex......He mentioned you magik and was talking alot about you so it seemed like you really did manage to impress the #1 bowser

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've been finding Snake not as difficult lately. Just started playing more campy as Squirtle. Just pretend you're Wario, haha.

T-block

B2B TST
anyone else have issues KOing snake with ivysaur? the only reliable way i have of getting the KO is to bait an airdodge -> u-air. and it's hard to get snake into a position above you in the first place. like...i know i gotta be patient, but how are you ever going to get a kill off

Vermy

Smash Champion
Who's a really good complementary secondary for PT? Like, for example, I've heard that Donkey Kong and Squeakachu are really complementary to eachother, for example, if one has a bad matchup, the other one typically covers it pretty well. Is there any character like that fpr PT? Maybe one of our sworn enemies (Marth, MK, etc.)?
At the moment, I'm secondarying MK, Falco and Snake.

MK for Olimar and Marth.
Snake for MK, Wario and ICs.
Falco for Dedede.
By the by, HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.
Have been away busy at my massive national tourney, I did terrible. My pool was death. Everyone killed everyone. Amaterasu (Australia's best MK) and an amazing Olimar main were the ones to make it out my pool. Every game was close with everyone.

I'm starting to feel the same pressure that Typh must have felt, because I'm also getting sick of losing to people I'm better than because the top 25% of the cast is capable of ****** PT. Its a sad realisation, but PT sucks.

Don't worry, ill never leave you. =)
I will always be a PT main.

On another note, I'm becoming more and more convinced that the diddy matchup is close to 50/50. Glide toss dsmash is ****.

FireRed

Smash Apprentice
anyone else have issues KOing snake with ivysaur? the only reliable way i have of getting the KO is to bait an airdodge -> u-air. and it's hard to get snake into a position above you in the first place. like...i know i gotta be patient, but how are you ever going to get a kill off
I get Vine Whip crits off often on recovering Snakes. Uair's good, too.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've been finding Snake not as difficult lately. Just started playing more campy as Squirtle. Just pretend you're Wario, haha.
dude Snakes are fun to play against especially against squirtle because usually their first reaction to a campy squirtle will be to counter you with grenades. Pffft, that is just like the icing on the cake for me seeing as I would mess with them and just water gun those *****es right back at him. God I love spamming water gun like that, it makes the game more fun and the match more interesting because for once I'm toying with my opponent and not being toyed with lol.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
LOL at magik's pic.....I mean hey vex took note of you but unfortunately ADHD said that reflex was one of two people who were the REAL competition at SNES so looks like you have a few more heads to turn.

-Bomber your completely right tho I have been playing snake alot lately and f-tilt > PT its horrific

I feel like more of less the fight is get snake to give chase and cause him to blow his own hand off with his nades because even when your running away that imaginary F-tilt range is absurd and has brought me to rage quite a few times

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Ftilt is the brokezor. You can spotdodge the second hit, but I'm still having difficulties timing it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
:9

I've been on a sweets streak. I in 3 days I ate a whole chocolate pie and now we have the Pillsbury holiday themed sugar cookies and I'm planning on finishing those soon.

*eats cookie* I swear next time you guys see me I'll be fat :'(

needs comfort food. omnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

however on a less depressing side. In LA we are trying out a tutor system where one of our elites takes up a student to teach and gets them "better" in some way shape or form (or tries to) for LasT 4. I got one of my friends who is a retired Zelda player but he is really good. So my hopes are up right now and he lives close so for LasT4 I'm anxious to see my improvements after training with him. Watch out! >XD

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
LOL at magik's pic.....I mean hey vex took note of you but unfortunately ADHD said that reflex was one of two people who were the REAL competition at SNES so looks like you have a few more heads to turn.

-Bomber your completely right tho I have been playing snake alot lately and f-tilt > PT its horrific

I feel like more of less the fight is get snake to give chase and cause him to blow his own hand off with his nades because even when your running away that imaginary F-tilt range is absurd and has brought me to rage quite a few times
ADHD said Reflex's squirtle was on of the hardest things to beat at the tourney. Harder more notable than Ally or M2k. That is legit.

Ftilt is the brokezor. You can spotdodge the second hit, but I'm still having difficulties timing it.
You need to shield grab his Ftilt.
Or do something OoS.
:9

I've been on a sweets streak. I in 3 days I ate a whole chocolate pie and now we have the Pillsbury holiday themed sugar cookies and I'm planning on finishing those soon.

*eats cookie* I swear next time you guys see me I'll be fat :'(

needs comfort food. omnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

however on a less depressing side. In LA we are trying out a tutor system where one of our elites takes up a student to teach and gets them "better" in some way shape or form (or tries to) for LasT 4. I got one of my friends who is a retired Zelda player but he is really good. So my hopes are up right now and he lives close so for LasT4 I'm anxious to see my improvements after training with him. Watch out! >XD
Have DaReflexWundaaa be your tutor.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
i drove two and a half hours one way for a smashfest last friday

and rickety wasn't even there

no johns

Bomber7

Smash Hero
:[ suck Typh.

>=) gona bring the pain at LasT4 PT and maybe Toon Boy depending on who it is. After all I am Bomber.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
ADHD said Reflex's squirtle was on of the hardest things to beat at the tourney. Harder more notable than Ally or M2k. That is legit.

You need to shield grab his Ftilt.
Or do something OoS.

Have DaReflexWundaaa be your tutor.
Hmmm i have to learn to shield tilt first so I stop getting shield poked by it....but yea OoS is something I have to work on too.....thanks for the help tho miles this should be alot of help!!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Miles, when you moving back to So Cal?

I applied for my semester in LA this summer, so now it's only a matter of time before I'll find out if I got accepted.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I am not a God.

But i will accept the title of Hercules or an equal or greater counterpart.

Vermy killed the dinosaurs. (Y)

Top Bottom