• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol I hated breloom because it was one of those pokemon you saw and laughed at because it looks like an ostrich with a fungal infection then it ***** your whole team and you were just like oh so mayb I need to stop being an ******* now

CoonTail

Smash Lord
****'s 300th post and new outlook

Ok guys so I started off on these boards back when my count was at about 110 nearly a year and a half ago. I was a silly player who thought I knew more than everyone and kinda just did what I wanted. As I reached my 150th post I was starting to get it but still didnt understand why other people such as typh and Mr. Brown were the only people anyone listened to. By 200 my tourny experience was raising and I was beginning to see how you got be a known memeber of the boards. 250 rolled around and I finally felt like I had an opinion that mattered and thats when I got invited to the PTBR.

I got cocky and excited was in there for less than a week and got kicked out....for good reasoning too I had no place within the PTBR. So now as of my 300th post I want to honestly give alot of thanks to quite a few members here on the boards. This is no meatriding session just a giveback to everyone who has seen my presence on these boards and who have tutored me along the way.

Typh- Im obv gonna put you first because I saw your blog on AiB how people online just think that your their friend and how your actually not. Well we had a flame war over squirtle's f-throw's just chaining and not CG'in like I thought. Youve taught me what its like to have a tourny and elitest mentality of a character. You took my head out of the clouds and basically showed me at the highest level of play it either works or it doesnt so know your **** or STFU. Thank you whether or not your my friend

Mr. Brown- The man who invited me to the PTBR you are the gary oak of these boards come and go as your please make jokes that no one can help but react to and still be a smart player. You screw around are nice and mean to people but all because you can, you know you have a lot of knowledge your just mainly either in the mood to drop it or not. Id just like to thank you for having faith in me and actually invited me to the PTBR.

Reflex & Toby- Though I dont speak to you guys as much your the biggest mentors Ive had, you guys are extremely smart PT's and motivate me to work harder. You guys admit you dont know everything but still post with confidence in all your statements. If I could ever get a minute of your time Id love to actually sit and have a convo and just learn the right way to sit down and view strategies and situations.

Beast,T-Block,Vermy,Zigsta,Magik,Bomber- You guys have all been here swapping knowledge with me on the same level listening and actually caring what I say lol. You guys have kept me on these boards mainly because otherwise I wouldnt have ever even gotten a response outside of no thats wrong ever lol. You guys are the few real friends I got here on the boards and just thanks for listening because Ive had some great ideas jus half the people on the boards dont wanna listen anyway. Beast this mainly goes to you because you were here since I got on these boards and have been the only person to ever actually wanna see what my PT is like LOL.

PT BOARDS, I am going about my life as a PT main different from this post on. There will be no more cries for attention pleas to listen, looking for friends, saying things work when they dont. I can finally say Im a competent player and want to show it more and more. I will be doing what I can to give as much aid to these boards and show as much knowledge as possible. I dont wanna be seen as a peon anymore for god sakes Im the only noted PT main here in the Atlantic north whos in a crew with NY's 5th and 8th Power Ranked players. I wanna get my name out there and some recognition for once instead of just talking about it. So to those who care pick my brain respond to me and note that Im here on these boards too because for once its not crap being posted its solid information. You guys may not know me but at least gimme a chance because if youd respond to me I could get alot more knowledge.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Youve taught me what its like to have a tourny and elitest mentality of a character. You took my head out of the clouds and basically showed me at the highest level of play it either works or it doesnt so know your **** or STFU. Thank you whether or not your my friend
LOL I LOVE THIS <33333

oh my god this made my day <3

T-block

B2B TST
Nice post **** <3

It echoed a lot of my own sentiments. PT boards have easily one of the best communities on these forums. I was just talking to my friend today about how lively this board is compared to the sheik or fox forums.

<3 all you guys

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Sorry guys but in the world of pokemon all my pokes are males and females are left to be used to breed. My Ivy is a guy so if yours is a chick its kool its jus inferior LOL.

Anyway I hope the point of this post still gets across because there is a bigger point than just shoutouts LOL

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I agree, ****--I feel that we've got a pretty tight community on the PT boards. I feel that all our knowledge and experience is valuable to the rest of us, regardless of how many tournaments you've been to. We play three characters, so we should get three times the sharing, riiiight? :D

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Thanks, ****. You made my day. I almost want to cry that was so nice. And I agree with everybody else. Our community is awesome.

OK, I give up. What's it from, Vermy?

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Awww did my post have to be moved here guys I understand but now its just gonna get mowed over and no one is even gonna read it figuring were already on another page....ugh wasted wordss

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Well, most of us have already read it, which is what you were aiming for, right? Oh, well.

I have a confession to make. I've been *sniff* cheating on PT recently. But Pikachu is soooo darn badaxe. Want to feel awesome? Take Pikachu and fight a stock match against a team of 3 level 9 Marths with friendly fire off on Final Destination and no items. There's nothing more BA than being a mouse and beating up three medieval swordsmen. "Awwwww, look at the cute little mouseee." "PIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" and a thunderstorm blows you up, fothermuckers (the fothermucking guys in question being the Marfs). MWUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

After training like that, I can hardly feel scared of any matchup with Pikachu. I mean, Marth is his worst, and fighting three at once is no cakewalk, but I doubt even Shaya could beat 3 level 9 Marths (maybe you can; try it!), so maybe a training scenario like this could benefit PT. Marth is our worst matchup, so fight three at once. It gives you a huge appreciation for faster moves and you learn timing so well it's not even funny. Somebody besides me try it and tell me how it goes. I think it could help us step up our game, even if the scenario is unrealistic.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth doesn't have a gtfo move with a long lasting hitbox that covers him from all sides.

Pikachu and Meta Knight do.

Fighting CPUs, no matter how many are against you, realistically will only help you with reaction speed/create bad habits.
And CPU Marths dont know how to destroy match ups the way HUMANS can.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I've been using Snake a lot lately. MK, Marf, GaW are the only S tiers I have a problem with and Snake covers them all nicely.

T-block

B2B TST
marth and gw aren't s-tier ;D

i think i'm gonna start using snake a bit too, but more to learn his weaknesses since he's the character i have the most issues with atm

Vermy

Smash Champion
That quote was from American Dad btw Beast.

I won't play any other pokemon. Hate pikachu, Lucario bores me and Jigglypuff doesn't help any matchups. At least by playing Snake I get to blow sh*t up. And that's a helluva lot of fun. Snake's also fairly technical, and I prefer to play a character with a steep learning curve.

Also when teaming with another PT, I go Snake.
At high%:

-Plant a C4 on squirtle.
-have squirtle witdraw into your ftilt/fsmash
-set off the C4 when it approaches your enemies.

SQUIRTLE USED EXPLOSION!
IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
LOL and the best part is vermy your poke didnt faint from using explosion. BROKENNNNN.....a squritle just blew up and stood up chanting squirtle afterwords.....looks like professor oak is gonna be extra pissed

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Doesnt that just make him a menace to the poke world.....LOL Im tired of being nice to that guy going around blowing up pokemon is just unacceptable especially if your some big brolic *******. GET A LIFE SNAKE!!!!

Vermy

Smash Champion
He has a life.

And with his life he takes yours.
Brandishing himself with countless amounts of explosives, he is weak only to Batman's testicle, a fat greasy biker, a Penguin King and an astronaut with multicoloured minions.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
bleeehhhh dont even get me started about the fact that he shouldnt be in this game.

now its fine who he is in brawl but if were talking about him in the Pokeworld then its a way diff story and he would need to get a life.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I really need to get my act together and get some decent footage online.

=(

I've improved massively since those vids of my friendlies vs a Samus and Lucas.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Sick kith I really wish I could get my hands on an original orange official nintendo controller.

Ive been looking forever and have gotten NO WHERE ughh

But either way sick job man!

Vermy

Smash Champion
THAT'S F*CKING SICK.

How much for you to buy one, do that to it and send it to Australia? =D

Kith

Smash Ace
lol I am in no way taking credit for that btw. My friend Nipoo is going around tournaments in South Florida and maybe even Georgia on halloween doing this right at tournaments. She's really good at em

Top Bottom