• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

B!squick

Smash Master
I was going to take a stab at Vex by comparing him to Inui in that he doesn't have to main Bowser to be the best or even good with him. But that wouldn't be fair to Vex because he IS good and I think I may have done that joke anyway...

Good stuff Vex. I was expecting a victory though, what happened man? D:

MrEh

Smash Hero
Me and DM watched a bit of Kingkong awhile back.

Vex is definately better. I noticed the airdodge habit, but otherwise, I was pleased with what I saw.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
What about me

lol please don't answer, I'm awful. Awful lololol ;(

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I think vex is better but I was impressed with Kong kong beating Ally even though it was a friendlie still impressive

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Of course Vex is better. A lot of people think Ally was sandbagging during that match as well. I'm not going to speculate or cast any opinions but I guess KingKong is pretty good

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I dont think he was sandbagging but I also dont think he was taking the match to seriously and at his max potential against kongs max potentional would win the match

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
So finally home from my national tournament, I placed 17th out of about 70 and am somewhat disappointed as i think i could've done better. Took a match off first place in friendlies and regularly go even with my mate who came 5th. Overall was a great week, got a ton of pics from theme parks and the such that I'll upload later.

Flayl

Smash Hero
17th out of 70 with a low tier doesn't sound too bad, but yeah it depends on who you lost to. Any chance of you getting replays/videos?

Sliq

Smash Master
Anybody on the Bowser Boards play Modern Warfare 2? Add me, GT Sliq1337.

JOE!

Smash Hero
so...BBrawl thread is discussing what to do with bowser, any of you guys wanna check it out?

so far the main ideas are increasing speed on the beginning and end of firebreath to make it less punishable/preditcable, and something of a buff to aerial fortress to help his recovery

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, BBrawl isn't Brawl+ first off. I find Firebreath to be an actually well balanced attack. Works really well on medium to slow/large characters and I really don't think it should be made any more user friendly. Just ask the space animals, lol.

I'd actually think a change could be done to Up Smash. It's inferior to Up Tilt in virtually everyway. Perhaps if that almost useless landing hitbox had a little range to it?

Also, what's the link? I don't feel like looking for it.

@Sliq: GT Dark Alkaiser.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Well, BBrawl isn't Brawl+ first off. I find Firebreath to be an actually well balanced attack. Works really well on medium to slow/large characters and I really don't think it should be made any more user friendly. Just ask the space animals, lol.

I'd actually think a change could be done to Up Smash. It's inferior to Up Tilt in virtually everyway. Perhaps if that almost useless landing hitbox had a little range to it?

Also, what's the link? I don't feel like looking for it.

@Sliq: GT Dark Alkaiser.

er, Usmash uncharged in BBrawl does 23%

lemme bring up his changelist with the link here...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246327

:bowser2:
Jab 2 damage (5%) -> (6%)
Dash attack sweetspot damage (11%) -> (12%)
Dash attack sourspot damage (8%) -> (10%)
Forward tilt damage (11%) -> (13%)
Up tilt damage (12%) -> (13%)
Up smash sweetspot damage (20% -> (23%)
Up smash sourpost damage (15%, 12%, or 10%) -> (17%, 16%, or 13%)
Forward aerial damage (13%, 12%, or 11%) -> (14%, 13%, or 12%)
Neutral aerial sweetspot damage (14%) -> (16%)
Neutral aerial sourspot damage (9%) -> (11%)
Down aerial repeated hits damage (3%) -> (5%), knockback (100/0) -> (15/55), angle (80) -> (270)
Down aerial landing hit knockback (30/60) -> (30/68)
Down throw less knockback (30/75) -> (15/65)
Whirling Fortress initial damage (11%) -> (13%)

essentially just the way he plays means he does more damage per nearly every hit. He is no longer affected by chaingrabs or nanner locks, but he does suffer from a loss of gaurenteed grab release chains (can still pull off GR->klaw and other goodies)

his problems have simply been his character flaws mostly, in that he's easily juggled and his recovery is crap...

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yeah because the one thing I think to myslef while playing Bowser is "he really doesn't do enough damage".
well, it makes simply playing bowser more rewarding, and it makes Fair kill alot earlier than you'd imagine, which I found useful.

*shrug* you could allways go to the thread and voice your thoughts? <.<

B!squick

Smash Master
er, Usmash uncharged in BBrawl does 23%

lemme bring up his changelist with the link here...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246327

:bowser2:
Jab 2 damage (5%) -> (6%)
Dash attack sweetspot damage (11%) -> (12%)
Dash attack sourspot damage (8%) -> (10%)
Forward tilt damage (11%) -> (13%)
Up tilt damage (12%) -> (13%)
Up smash sweetspot damage (20% -> (23%)
Up smash sourpost damage (15%, 12%, or 10%) -> (17%, 16%, or 13%)
Forward aerial damage (13%, 12%, or 11%) -> (14%, 13%, or 12%)
Neutral aerial sweetspot damage (14%) -> (16%)
Neutral aerial sourspot damage (9%) -> (11%)
Down aerial repeated hits damage (3%) -> (5%), knockback (100/0) -> (15/55), angle (80) -> (270)
Down aerial landing hit knockback (30/60) -> (30/68)
Down throw less knockback (30/75) -> (15/65)
Whirling Fortress initial damage (11%) -> (13%)

essentially just the way he plays means he does more damage per nearly every hit. He is no longer affected by chaingrabs or nanner locks, but he does suffer from a loss of gaurenteed grab release chains (can still pull off GR->klaw and other goodies)

his problems have simply been his character flaws mostly, in that he's easily juggled and his recovery is crap...
I almost never land Up Smash, and when I do, it's not the sweetspot. UTilt hits at least 3 frames sooner, has better range, and does almost as much damage. UTilt > USmash, like I said.

B!squick

Smash Master
More attractive maybe, but as they say, polish a turd, you still have a turd. Which is why I thought giving some benefit to the landing hit box would make it better than UTilt in different situations. Like, say, if it did that grounded effect they added to other random moves. Then if you smell an AD you can USmash instead of UTilt.

JOE!

Smash Hero
interesting, and thematic :p

why not bring it up in the thread? Im sure AA/thinkaman would love the boozer's thoughts

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Super armor on Bowser of moves that do 5% or less while grounded, MK's Multi hit moves are no longer as threatening and Bowser becomes a slight MK counter probably.

Flayl

Smash Hero
interesting, and thematic :p

why not bring it up in the thread? Im sure AA/thinkaman would love the boozer's thoughts
I did and they didn't care at all.

Here's what I posted in the thread:

Here's what VBrawl Bowser really needs if he ever wants to be close to Diddy's level:

- Faster grab (it's 9 frames in VBrawl)
- If you're taking out grab-release options then:
-- Less knockback on UThrow to allow follow-up FAir on faster than average fallers
-- More knockback growth on BThrow so it becomes an okay kill move near the ledge of a stage
- Less ending lag on firebreath
- Super Armor on DAir, base knockback of shockwave increased just enough to stay out of Marth's FSmash range.
- Faster fist withdrawal on FTilt (less ending lag)
- Less ending lag on UpB
- Ungimped FSmash (increase knockback of 2nd hit to bring it line with other heavies)
This is what I thought was the bare minimum, I didn't even mention the jumping frames even though I'd like that too. If you follow the link of the quote you basically get "Yo Flayl I'm happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but buffing fortress by 2% is the best change of all time. OF ALL TIME".

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I did and they didn't care at all.

Here's what I posted in the thread:

This is what I thought was the bare minimum, I didn't even mention the jumping frames even though I'd like that too. If you follow the link of the quote you basically get "Yo Flayl I'm happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but buffing fortress by 2% is the best change of all time. OF ALL TIME".
LMFAO I just read like 3 pages of that ****. Man I tell ya BBrawl is somethin' else. Flayl I guess they're not supposed to perfect Bowser right? Because if we took all of your suggestions + Vex's and a few others (with the support of A2) he'd be pretty **** good. But I doubt anyone would ever be glorious enough to make Bowser mains happy like that :L

Haha, just let them do what they want. I don't think any Bowsers here play BBrawl anyway; I saw Gen's videos of him playing BBrawl a few months ago but that was it.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
What do you guys think of Brawl-?

Bowser always has 5-10% superarmor which makes some MUs very funny (MK tornado = useless).
Dtilt is a ton stronger/slower and slides him forward.
Faster cooldowns on ftilt and dash attack (very funny, you can do repeated dash attacks across the stage).
Stronger fsmash, fire effect.
Usmash falling hitbox grounds opponents, dair grounds opponents too.
Nair and dsmash has air hitboxes that pulls opponent in.
Fair is stronger with fire effect.
And finally bair has less cooldown so sh bair is done before he lands (like lagless sh fair).

Almost forgot, bthrow is a low angle kill throw and fthrow has low knockback for fair/klaw followup

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Based on LIFE Vex. :)
Na, but seriously, to answer your question we'd need a more specific categorizer. What do you want/need? The Killer? The one(s) for DI? The Fastest? The ****tiest?

You get my point, lol

Not to get away from the question, but I think I'm becoming a true Bowser main now. For this past week I've been thinking that Peach is really hot <_<

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Not to get away from the question, but I think I'm becoming a true Bowser main now. For this past week I've been thinking that Peach is really hot <_<
It's more widely considered okay then liking Tigress, but idc lol. Guess I was never a Bowser main because I never really liked Peach like that lol.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Best aerial is Dair.
This.

It's more widely considered okay then liking Tigress, but idc lol. Guess I was never a Bowser main because I never really liked Peach like that lol.
I don't think it's a big stereotype that Bowser mains have to like Peach (unless every Bowser on swf actually admits they have something for Peach right now). I just thought it was a really cool (odd actually, but whatever) thing that I main Bowser and have some sort of sentiment towards her. :l

Top Bottom