• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Got a couple of Bowser matches coming your way. Theyre a couple months old but are from my college "escapades" lol. I really thought we saved more replays but they're not on my Wii anyway, so I wouldn't know.

:phone:

B!squick

Smash Master
Wasn't City of Heroes/Villains so '06?

Got a couple of Bowser matches coming your way. Theyre a couple months old but are from my college "escapades" lol. I really thought we saved more replays but they're not on my Wii anyway, so I wouldn't know.

Coolness. Tired of diligently ignoring the newbie Bower videos like everyone else. :awesome:

EDIT: Oh yeah, who else is excited that GGXXACP on XBLA and PSN is getting upgraded to the latest arcade edition? I'm just sad I'll have to give up playing Kliff because from what I've heard, they moved him up to God tier in this version when he was already great. :C

D

Deleted member 189823

Question.

Bowser bros, I have been lately feeling a little insecure reguarding my Boozer. It's just that I feel I won't get nowhere playing against players my level and below, that I need to play against high-level people to actually get good at this game. Playing against top tier characters of players your level and almost winning isn't starting to feel as good as it used to feel...there's nothing special about that, now that I think of it.

Do you guys feel the same way?

At the moment, I don't have much people that are of high level and above around here (South America), but given the chance, I'd really like to take it.

Flayl

Smash Hero
There are very few reasons to main Bowser. If those reasons aren't enough for you then don't main him, it's that simple.

D

Deleted member 189823

There are very few reasons to main Bowser. If those reasons aren't enough for you then don't main him, it's that simple.
I never said I regret using Bowser. Ever.
Heck, I don't even care about winning, but "almost winning" against players my level just isn't enough for me.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
You don't have any/ a lot of high level players near you so you won't be able to clearly see a progression in your skill level. Its understandable if you dont want to use Bowser. Its a huge investment that probably only comes with a personal reason.

That being said, try other characters out, see how you feel. And to answer your question, no, I dont feel insecure. Bowsers metagame has been nearly the same for ages. Anyone who actually loses to me should feel insecure. Lmao

Rizen

Smash Legend
The problem with low tiers is a loss is a loss no matter how well played or close :(.

Bowser's fun. My character choice is based on doing what I want.
I rarely make it to live smash things with insomnia, depression, life, lack of money/car, etc. And CO's a big desolate smash region :/. Wifi can be a great way to play really good people that I simple would not be able to irl.

D

Deleted member 189823

Listen, I never said I regret using Bowser. Hell, most of the time I don't even lose because I use Bowser. I lose because I do stupid **** mistakes that cost me a whole stock (or that crappy TV lag most other TVs have).

In South America, Top/High level players...there's only Zero in the neibouring country and three players from Peru.

EDIT: If I wanted to win, I would've been a MK main a long time ago.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Well Swei if you know why youre losing then why dont you fix that? Your best critic is yourself. If you see a bad mistake that costs you, then eliminate it. If its a TV problem then Im not sure what to tell you.

D

Deleted member 189823

I'll start uploading matches where I actually suck, the one where I make those mistakes.

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out of my silly ranting. There's never an intention to leave Bowser behind just because of this.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Im telling you, play other characters. There are a lot of perspectives on the game that cant be explored if you only use Bowser. Some of the best Bowser players used a bunch of characters on the side (with the exception of MrEh and WarriorKnight I guess lol)

All jokes aside you need to see how other characters and even how the game engine operates when youre using another character.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Edit, ^beat me by a minute. Learning multiple characters is good for your entire game. I highly recommend it. Swei uses G&W, DDD and Yoshi too. Maybe others.

I respect low tiers who stick with their character(s). It's saying 'this is what I want to do, regardless of tiers'.
Switching to high tiers isn't a bad thing but I always cheer for the low tier players lol. The only reason I dislike MK is losing stages like Brinstar :[ .

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Haha Rizen I feel you but for me its gotten to a point where trying to play the low tier hero will just get you in the *** in the long run. Youre only limiting yourself and narrowing your perspective if you refuse to not indulge in some of the better characters. Not even just to main but even secondary or at least play for the mere sake of understanding.

I remember Vex's hugest problem was that a lot of people saw his potential not as a Bowser main but simply as a player. And so they told him he was merely wasting talent on a character that could not allow him to apply everything that he wanted to in this game. At that point its just a personal decision as to whether you truly want to keep using Bowser competitively or not. And for some, they just didnt want to.

For example, I wanted to learn more about Lucario so I used him more..and then I realized how much of a huge gimmick he actually is lmao. Playing one gimmicky character is enough for me.

D

Deleted member 189823

Yeah Razen is right, Bowser has never been my only character. I've used him the most, true (even in tournaments it's pretty much all-Bowser).
I can use a few characters moderately decently, but if I had to go with the characters I want to learn "seriously", it's rather limited to 5 characters...Yoshi, Bowser, Wario & DDD. I used to have gaw in that list, but I haven't used him in forever.

This is my signature:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Does anyone have any way of receiving and watching replays?
I still don't have a means of uploading some sets I've done recently.

Quick question, and if this has been answered already, then a link would be awesome.
How exactly do you go about timing the regrab after a release? I struggle to get it proper, and I've only managed to nail the timing down once.

Oh, and jab > fsmash on an RCO-ridden Marth is probably the most satisfying thing I've felt in this game for at least two years. :applejack:

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
Using several characters is good for your entire playstyle, for a while I only used Wolf, I was okay, I could beat my friends (not that that's anything to be proud of) but once I picked up Bowser and Link I learnt lots of things about Wolf and how the game works and my Wolf, and all my other characters improved vastly improved

Not only that, but now that I play as those characters I have a lot more MU knowledge

Having a narrow focus is bad, but don't go too wide either

3-5 characters is good

And this is my signature

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
Using several characters is good for your entire playstyle, for a while I only used Wolf, I was okay, I could beat my friends (not that that's anything to be proud of) but once I picked up Bowser and Link I learnt lots of things about Wolf and how the game works and my Wolf, and all my other characters improved vastly improved

Not only that, but now that I play as those characters I have a lot more MU knowledge

3-5 characters is good

And this is my signature
3 to 5 characters is good. but not great. 5 might be pushing it actually. the way i see it you pick a character to main. then other characters that focus on a different playstyle to strengthen all levels of play (this is for when you're learning). like i have diddy now. obviously a fast character and i use him aggressively. i picked up snake to work on my patience. dont mind the yoshi icon. he's just there right now and i'll learn him later :3

D

Deleted member 189823

3-5 characters is good
I understand. Something similiar happened when I started using Bowser less and concentrated a bit on Wario.

And this is my signature
Your signature is silly and funny.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Quick question, and if this has been answered already, then a link would be awesome.
How exactly do you go about timing the regrab after a release? I struggle to get it proper, and I've only managed to nail the timing down once.
In the stickied grab release thread I mention buffering the dash-grab by tapping diagonal down-forward plus Z, you have to do this during the last 10 frames of Bowser's animation.

If you're unsure when that animation is you can always grab the CPU in training mode and hold shield when you release it

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I think I remember Flayl saying that you need to do it diagonally otherwise you'll buffer a roll.

Flayl

Smash Hero
That's right.

So everyone have a merry Christmas? I spent mine with a cold, 3rd time I think

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I forgot about diagonals during buffers.
And I'll find some way to get some videos up soon. I'm kinda really investing time into learning Bowser. He's as fun as he is frustrating. :applejack:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
so I really like the smell of dead turtles...

edit: Happy Birthday, Uncle!

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
aka the boards have been dead for over a week and I really have nothing of importance to say to really bring it back

except for maybe the fact that I have not played a serious game of Brawl in over a month and a half, which might be unsettling for some people who were looking for me to blow up lol

there is a 3-day tournament happening in 3 weeks. i'll be entering brawl definitely and MAYBE marvel, but...yeah.

what's good with marvel though? any of you guys play that game, or any other fighting games?

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Thanks, Limit. We actually celebrated my bday a day early (due it being a better day for most people to make), and it was good ****.

Anyway, I dabbled in Marvel and 3rd Strike for a short time, but that's about it. Brawl is literally the only fighter I compete in, and that's mainly thanks to all the friends I have who also play it. If it wasn't for them, I'd have quit a long time ago.

With that being said, I REALLY hope Project M continues to gain popularity, because that game (even in its current demo state) is better than both Brawl and Melee, imo. If the scene continues to grow like it's doing already, then I'm going all-out in that game.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Late happy birthday Uncle!

About other fighters, I was really getting into Soul Calibur V for a while but network multiplayer was really just not working for me plus I got really busy

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive been playing Playstation Allstars, that game is great. Id heavily suggest giving it a try, especially if youve been getting burnt out on Brawl like I have been.

Top Bottom