• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you wanna see high stakes MMs during the CT Salty Suite?

Revven

FrankerZ
SSBM (and to an extension, Smash in general) never seems to have high stakes MMs. They're almost always below $20. I want to see that change for EVO. This is the ONE tournament to have really intense MMs that actually *mean* something!

This isn't something *I* have control over or anything (obviously up to the players themselves), just something I want to see happen. Whether it's M2K vs Mango with a $500 MM or PPU vs Hax $50 MM.

If you haven't heard about the salty suite and want to know what it is, here's the promo video

Personally, I want to see Ken vs Scar with tons of side bets and both of them putting down a higher amount of money than usual like $50 or more.

What about you guys? How can Chibo make this salty suite more hype for you to watch so late at night?

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I'd enjoy high stakes money matches. It is up to the players of course if they want to do it but would bring the hype.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
6? character battle between Mango and M2K was promised for the EVO breast cancer donation.

Seems like a good opportunity for that to go down.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I am drooling at the prospect of the six-character crew battle between Mango and M2K. I hope they keep their word and do it.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Ken wants a rematch with Scar. I'd love to see SS and Darkrain do damage.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
What?? High-stakes matches between legions of the greatest players to ever play a game that I love, all on a high quality stream for me to watch at my leisure? Ew no, I don't want that.

ycz12

Smash Ace
The Mango vs M2K Ironman is the only match I really, really want.

Armada+M2K vs. Mango+Lucky or Hbox+PP would be hype too, especially given EVO is singles-only.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Doesn't even have to necessarily be high stakes MM.

Just has to be a dream MM. There is going to be people there that will have excess money to you know... GAMBLE IN LAS VEGAS, but some of the better players could maybe spend a little bit of it using their honed skills to flaunt over other players that have honed their skills.

I mean... maybe.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I got 50 on PP, you want it?

paypal, that is. And only if they do a serious set, no handicaps (i.e. a friendly with marth/fox doesn't count unless PP makes it clear that he thinks marth is his best bet and that he saw that match as the equivalent of a MM/tourney match)

strawhats

Smash Master
Soo...Javi/Tugs are going to EVO now....best tourney ever!!!!kinda wish Dark could go just to see him in an exhibition set vs SW/Javi/Axe's falco. They would be the most technical sets ever witnessed

Engo

Smash Ace
Javi vs PP
M2K/Armada vs Mango/Lucky

The only two ideas in the thread I like. Ken isn't very good stop trying to hype him up any more and waste stream time that could be used on high level play.

strawhats

Smash Master
Javi vs PP
M2K/Armada vs Mango/Lucky

The only two ideas in the thread I like. Ken isn't very good stop trying to hype him up any more and waste stream time that could be used on high level play.
I sense a high amount of vitriol towards ken coming from this comment. The guy is a legend, and if hundreds of people at home wanna see ken play today's best players then who are u to decide what is a waste stream time.

strawhats

Smash Master
sometimes it's not about "obvious results" its also about appeal. When you have two big names that have played a large role in this game's development/history, sometimes it's just about saying "oh we got to see these people play, which would've never otherwise happened". Dream matchups aren't always about determining who's better than who. Kinda like how people always argue about MJ vs LeBron. Bottom line is their is a reason why people engage in conversation about cross generational bouts.

Engo

Smash Ace
Ken got his two tourneys(KoC 1 and 2) to fulfill everyone's dreams of seeing him play again. It was pretty hype but it's happened and I don't see appeal of seeing this dragged on for yet another tourney when it's clear that any match between him and a top player(Scar is not a top player) is gonna be him getting owned. Why don't we just make sure we get his tournament sets recorded and see how well he does in tourney? That's a better way to see how he's stacking up against today's players.

I'd much rather see two of the best teams of all time moneymatch each other since the chance of it happening again is very unlikely. Or seeing the rematch between two excellent players with an interesting history, Javi vs PP.

strawhats

Smash Master
either way im just happy that several generations of players(a dream of mine personally>couple of old greats missing like cort, vidjo, azen, chu, amsah) are coming together to play at what is now the Biggest Melee Tournament of all time. I think someone said KDJ is going to this as well. KDJ vs Ken rematch?

P.S. very happy Javi is going to EVO

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I support everything about this thread :)

Also, did M2K and Mango promise to a 6v6? They pick the characters I'm guessing? If so, I'll have them do it here!

Battlecow

Play to Win
On facebook. Haven't seen a RESPONSE from arm2k yet.

"sup m2k armada u guys dont have a cute team picture and a day dedicated to ur team"
"money match us at evo you little **** suckers"

Top Bottom