• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would the FLUDD be broken if it didn't need to be charged?

Slashy

Smash Lord
And is always at max power.

I say no, considering it really isn't useful until it is fully charged it would be welcome buff to Mario.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yes I it would. You can easily stall the match by just letting them use an up B or whatever and then stall the rest of the match by keeping them in the air.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
It's useful without being fully charged, as far as always at max power, I don't think it would make it broken but it certainly would make it a lot more spammable.

Matt07

Smash Master
Monk is hilarious. Don't worry it's nothing against Ness mains.

Anyways I dunno I would make the FLUDD come out in frame 0.1 sometimes when he has to pull it out gets me sometimes.

Slashy

Smash Lord

you're a Ness main...I would think that it not needing to be charged would make you think it would be hardcore style broken
PK Thunder isn't affected by the FLUDD, and PKT2 cancels out the motion caused by the attack.

There are plenty of otherways to GIMP my secondary's recovery.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
It's unfortunate mario can do such a multitude of various things to thwart a recovering Ness easily.

Back to the awkward topic. If you didnt have to charge the Fludd. Mario would demolish alot of characters recoverys.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
PK Thunder isn't affected by the FLUDD, and PKT2 cancels out the motion caused by the attack.

There are plenty of otherways to GIMP my secondary's recovery.
1) I'll be aiming for you

2) Fludd does hit PKThunder

3) I assumed he was you main considering he's the little dude right under all your info....

Just sayin'

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
It's unfortunate mario can do such a multitude of various things to thwart a recovering Ness easily.

Back to the awkward topic. If you didnt have to charge the Fludd. Mario would demolish alot of characters recoverys.
yes if Olimar recovery wasn't demolished enough already, but no I dont think FLUDD would be broken if it was always charged to the max, but it would be annoying

Coney

Smash Master
Mario would definitely **** a lot of people over with an insta-charged FLUDD. He'd also be hilarious.

While he already can mess up the Spacies recovery, imagine what it'd be like with this. A FLUDD before and after the phantasm.

Christ, could you imagine just a wall of full-hopped FLUDDs? This could potentially even out the DDD matchup reeeeal quick. One knockoff = death for the King.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Mario would definitely **** a lot of people over with an insta-charged FLUDD. He'd also be hilarious.

While he already can mess up the Spacies recovery, imagine what it'd be like with this. A FLUDD before and after the phantasm.

Christ, could you imagine just a wall of full-hopped FLUDDs? This could potentially even out the DDD matchup reeeeal quick. One knockoff = death for the King.
Well, if he has half-charge, then he could be a neutral to Dedede. I'm assuming you're saying that this would make Mario broken, except that the FLUDD pushes Mario back in the air.

MagicJosh

Smash Apprentice
while the fludd has many uses, mostly for being annoying and gimping, I dont REALLY think it'll make it broken, well then again...monk's sig is very persuasive.

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
I think a no-charge fludd with the same mechanics would be pretty lame and annoying. It could be beaten, but it'd really make team games and fighting Mario an annoyance to exceed that of Diddy bananas.

Why assume that not having to charge the fludd means it would have the same startup lag, though? I'd trade a no-charge fludd for a little extra startup time, or what have you.

Slashy

Smash Lord
We're trying to think of options that can be modified into the game. The halved charged time is the suggestion here.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
>_> I was making a witty joke. Can't you just make the water part of Mario's hurtbox by the selected electric attacks :p

ImALemon

Smash Rookie
what if FLUDD was like R.O.B's laser. If u spammed it it was weak, but if u waited to use FLUDD it charged over time? know what im saying?

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
man, instant charged fludd would make a great action replay code....
hint, hint...

for brawl+ especially..

bobson

Smash Lord
man, instant charged fludd would make a great action replay code....
hint, hint...
Permacharged FLUDD [Jassim]
01262A87 0000005A
012B4A87 0000005A
01306A87 0000005A
01358A87 0000005A

Mario Tornado

Smash Rookie
It probably would be broken. Why do you think Sakurai and his team make you charge FLUDD in the first place?

Mario Tornado

Smash Rookie
To make him related to that game of Mario supersun shine where mario uses his fludd to clean people and spray water.
Yeah, but in Mario Sunshine he doesn't have to charge it unless he's refilling it with water, and even then it only lasts a second or two.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Well, I tried an Always Charged FLUDD code. It isn't that broken (but then again I don't main Mario) and works well to stop characters in their tracks and allow you to control the spacing in the match. It's quite a welcome buff for Mario.

~CPU~

Smash Apprentice
Lol if the creators did tat there would be no point of recovering and everyone would try to use Mario

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Mario's recovery might actually suck less if he could instantly turn it around offstage.

Otherwise, a quickish move with incredible range that prevents all forms of approach other than invincibility frames? Mario would be unapproachable probably.

Cept Meta Knight would still **** him.

Top Bottom