• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Woah, a dude from Seattle!! Were you at the Capitol Hill Block Party?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Yeah I heard Mad Rad for the first time and I was pretty impressed. It was a shame I didn't see Grynch though.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
ok like usual preety hammered right now, so i didnt read everything but im gonna make a few points real quick

Premier, Dre, Alchemist, Neo da matrix, and mah niqqqqa 9th Wonder are my fave producers.. some old some new.. k west gets honerable mentiom

aesop rock is garbage

underload your sig is amazing teach us so we can have a hip hop style one

sorry if i spelt **** wrong too lazy to run spell check so quit life idc

PS 9th wonder used too (as in may still do or nor) exlusively use fruityloops... so to creathe the beats he made using that program is a godsend in itself

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Aesop Rock is alright.

Seems like most of you don't really like the DOOM, Madlib, Dilla style stuff. Eh, I like it. Underload it's worth checking out just so you get a feel for it before you decide whether or not you like it.

I need to expand my horizons in hip-hop, I rarely look for artists other than ones I know I like. By the end of the summer I hope to have a lot more variation (even though I have a wide range already).

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
ok like usual preety hammered right now, so i didnt read everything but im gonna make a few points real quick

underload your sig is amazing teach us so we can have a hip hop style one
i was drunk last night too. should've gotten on fb. could've had a great drunk convo full of spelling errors an haha.

but yeah, underload, teach us how to make a sig -___-

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Blu3, I'm only rabid about of couple of bands, and I try not to be annoying about it. But, in any case, an act's fanbase should have nothing to do with the music they make, you should know that.
no no no. i'm not saying i would like aesop's music if his fans shut up. i still think it's pretty terrible. i just wouldn't have a problem with him as an artist.

i agree. my friend who doesnt know **** about hip hop was like AESOP ROCK IS HELLA GOOD HES BETTER THAN THE **** YOU LISTEN TO im like shut the **** up *****. you are white. and you listen to queen (who isnt that bad but still he doesnt know about hip hop)
hahaha though funny, i try not to discredit people's opinion on hip-hop simply because they're white or if they listen to something outside of rap. i just listen to their opinion and see if they're full of shit or not.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yo, has anybody heard that song Gaemz by Bei Major and Keri Hilson. I listened to it once, I wasn't actually listening. But I thought the music was great. I was doing something so I couldn't pay much attention to the lyrics.

BTW Back......

Underload

Lazy
So I decided to see why Kingdom Come was banned, and it's probably the funniest thing I've ever seen on these boards. I won't say anything, I'll let him reveal the facts himself if he wants to.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Aesop Rock is alright.

Seems like most of you don't really like the DOOM, Madlib, Dilla style stuff. Eh, I like it. Underload it's worth checking out just so you get a feel for it before you decide whether or not you like it.

I need to expand my horizons in hip-hop, I rarely look for artists other than ones I know I like. By the end of the summer I hope to have a lot more variation (even though I have a wide range already).
No, I like Doom and Madlim, I'm just not obsessed. But yeah, they're worth checking out.

bad insult. queen is one of the greatest things to happen to rock music ever.
I concur; Queen is absolutely amazing.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I always get banned. It's funny I was watching these boards even while I was banned. I finally found a place where I belong.

Well, I asked to be banned it's like the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened.

ON SUBJECT

A friend I haven't seen since 6th grade just stopped by. We were recording for hours. We recorded over Tightrope Wondamix, Hello Good Morning, Ha Ha, and Love King. **** was dope.

Suspect

Smash Hero
When you have been trolling for as long as me, it becomes rather easy to find things.

I know what thread it was....day it was...time it was...post you said it in...all

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Deeadddddd @ Luigitoilet.

I downloaded Slim Shady LP.

It's good. Not as good as Mashall Mathers LP, but who am I?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
no no no. i'm not saying i would like aesop's music if his fans shut up. i still think it's pretty terrible. i just wouldn't have a problem with him as an artist.

hahaha though funny, i try not to discredit people's opinion on hip-hop simply because they're white or if they listen to something outside of rap. i just listen to their opinion and see if they're full of shit or not.
well im white XD but hes like rocker white. so yeah

and hes full of shit

No, I like Doom and Madlim, I'm just not obsessed. But yeah, they're worth checking out.

I concur; Queen is absolutely amazing.
i agree, and theyre good. i just dont listen/like thier stuff

I love Black Thought so much.
remix. risin up outta tha flames liek a phoenix

Here's the official names of the top 5 rappers of ALL time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lg6HqJeY0&feature=related
cuz i spit hot fire

DIdn't even watch the video and I know what you're tryna sell. lmao

Ahhhhhhhh tooooo goooooood!
i thought i was gonna get rick rolled. lol

You realize that throwing a humongous list at someone not very familiar with hiphop is pretty intimidating? You just listed a ton of musicians that sound nothing alike. You think he's going to go and listen to every artist on that list?
um no? he should check some of them out? no ****?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

I always switch up MMLP and SSLP when thinking "what's the best Em album?". They're just too close. I prefer SSLP because he's more hungry and willing to make ridiculous rhymes and lyrics but MMLP is one of the perfect-est albums ever so it's hard to say.

edit: cookiemonster, thanks for quoting me twice in two seperate posts bro! :D

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
When you have been trolling for as long as me, it becomes rather easy to find things.

I know what thread it was....day it was...time it was...post you said it in...all

**** Suspect your like a Troll King or something.......

I don't know if that should be respected or frowned upon.......

You downloaded it?

BTW It's better than MMLP IMO

People still Rick Roll? xD
I Do

smouch.net/lol

hope you fail highschool
This........

Top Bottom