• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Cancer here.

What artist makes up the majority of your songs on iTunes? Mine is Joe by a fair distance, 291 tracks.

soap

Smash Hero
i assume you mean which artist has the most tracks. cuz no one artist makes up the majority of my library

for me it would be..... bob marley

but only cuz i downloaded a discography a while back of like every studio album, every vinyl, unreleased you name it.

been on my computer three years. I'm like 10% into it.

who has the most plays? my data got wiped out im not sure. It would be pretty close between em, pac, and dmx. i listen to alot of regina spektor 2 lol

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
mines is August 31.....same as Budden's :)

i'm a virgo.....like Nasir Jones :) happy about my birth month lol.

Nas and Joe Budden definitely take up the most in mines, with Nas probably edging out joe.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
If you count collabs, I think it's Kweli, then Nas. I have every Nas album+Distant Relatives+this Nas and Madlib collab that was put together for this magazine where my dad works, but not all of it is on my comp. But the most solo songs of anyone that I have is Lu I think.

soap

Smash Hero
ahhhh we're all bonding; sharing facebooks, birthdays and favorite artists..i'm tearing up hahaha
normal people aren't obsessed with hip hop

i've been putting occasional lyric statuses for years, and it was weird this past week when there was someone who got them

it also means i can't be passing off **** lyrics as my own nemore :laugh:

Jane

Smash Hero
august 13th leo baby rawr >:3

soap, recommend me some bob albums to download. id like to get into him.

i honestly dont know what ive listened to the most... hmm....

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
august 13th leo baby rawr >:3

soap, recommend me some bob albums to download. id like to get into him.

i honestly dont know what ive listened to the most... hmm....
jane just start with legend and then go from there. nothing makes you feel better than bob

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
It's hard to say who I have the most songs of. My songs are really spread out amongst a bunch of artists. I enjoy all kinds of hip hop, whether it's gangster, conscientious, old-school, pop, whatever. Also I really enjoy music in general, but especially hip hop of course ;) (followed by rock). I can even enjoy some classical songs if I'm in the right mood.

As for the artist I listen to the most, all genres included, I would have to say Biggie, and I also listen to a lot of 2pac, Bone Thugs, etc... I dunno, I listen to a lot of artists! Producer I listen to most is Dr. Dre most likely.

soap

Smash Hero
I don't know producers well enough to really rank them yet. I kinda also base how a producers raw instrumentals sound. like can they produce interesting standalone instrumentals. even tho being able to produce for certain artists and mold to their style is a huge factor as well, so i'd say premier does the best job of that. he samples their past stuff and just really sets the tone for a track down solid. dre kinda just has those dre beats that people jump on...

only other producers i know is like rza, pete rock, dilla, hi-tek, 9th wonder

Niko45

Smash Master
you mean the Source ranking him as one of the top 5 ever and Vibe ranking him as top 5 ever isn't enough for you? are you serious?
The Source and Vibe? Nevermind, I'm convinced

Anyway, the point of my last sarcastic post was that its all subjective. As if the Source and Vibe don't have (terrible, lol) opinions. So for you to tell me I'm "definitely wrong" is pretty ridick.

soap

Smash Hero
jane just start with legend and then go from there. nothing makes you feel better than bob
while I did start with Legend in high school and loved it (i actually bought this album from the virgin store in times square). Im totally sick of it today.

It's a greatest hits CD and I personally get sick of all greatest hits CD's. They lack a coherent vibe. while they are decent if u know nothing from that artist.

favorite bob studio album has got to be natty dread. Exodus was his commercially succesful one and thats really good too. Like almost every song from there is on legend.

this brazilian foreign exchange student i was good friends with in high school was really into babylon by bus, this live bob album, and that quickly became my favorite 2.

but ya he's got a wider range of music than legend shows. they kinda just picked all the happy go lucky tracks that sound the same and left out the grittiness, politics, and religion

Top Bottom