• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Man I love this song, this whole vibe just.. i can't even explain it but I'm confident people know what I'm talking about.. I guess music just does that to you sometimes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4OQU8qlSgo&feature=related
no doubt, no doubt.

still in my top ten albums....though i haven't listened to it in a little bit.

anyway, this song is dope
Richie Cunning - Last Stop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl5OqTRt-Q4

edit: why do i keep reading that people are expecting Teflon Don to be a classic?

Niko45

Smash Master
Has anybody heard any good freestyles over the Kanye West - Power beat? God dam Kanye keeps getting better and better.

In before Kanye haters. Get the stick out of your behinds.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Has anybody heard any good freestyles over the Kanye West - Power beat? God dam Kanye keeps getting better and better.

In before Kanye haters. Get the stick out of your behinds.
Not yet, but waiting for them.

In other news, Ortiz's album drops soon.

Jane

Smash Hero
so earlier today, i took my first serious venture into the world of joe budden. i had always heard great things about the man, both in this thread and from real life friends. i always put it on my to-do list, but just never got around to doing it.

i finally found the initiative after being inspired by our very own N9NE's comments -

You haven't listened to Joe ever?

****, I wish I could listen to all that music for the first time again.
and

Stop whatever you are doing and go listen to Mood Muzik 1, 2 and 3.

Best mixtapes in hip hop ever. **** it, best anything in hip hop ever. GO LISTEN!

Seriously I wish I was you, you don't know what you're about to listen to.

so i finished mood muzik 1 and am currently on mood muzik 2. all i gotta say is i cant believe it took me so long to listen to ****in joe man xD. i deserve to be slapped.

faces that were made throughout the mixtape:

joe budden is insanely dope. lol

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian

Jane you got me all hyped listening to MM2...

*sheds a tear*

*breaks down and cries*

Joe >>>

ARE YOU IN THAT MOOD YET?

Niko45

Smash Master
Not yet, but waiting for them.

In other news, Ortiz's album drops soon.
Actually, that's exactly who I want to hear on that beat.

Joe Budden, another rapper I used to love when he was an underdog and now he's massively overrated and its annoying. Still love him tho.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
All stannery out the window, Joe's catalogue of music speaks for itself.

Honestly, I think it holds its own against nearly anyone. Maybe that's just me.

His music post Slaughterhouse isn't up to par with the music before the group, I'll admit. However, from what people have heard from The Great Escape, they say it's up there.

Niko45

Smash Master
Well I loved his first CD during the 50 cent era when gangster was everything. Mood Muziks were obviously great thereafter, but that was quite a while ago now. Plus, am I the only one who didn't feel MM3 that much? Kinda got tired of all the dragged out punchlines and sports references. Maybe I need to give that one another shot.

He's actually locked in a horrible contract with Def Jam and has been for years which is why I excuse his crappy solo output for the last 7 years (talking albums not mixtapes). I also probably never fully forgave him for not putting out The Growth (though I'm sure that wasn't all his fault).

As I understand it, he has one more throw-away album to put out under def jam and then he's signing with Shady. That's when things will get really interesting...

Edit: To explain further, I loved him when he was underrated because he was overlooked, but I never lost sight that he was merely a good rapper, not a great. He's not an actual heavyweight imo. So once he became super popular (coinciding largely with his [current] music deteriorating) I was just annoyed. I mean if you think his catalogue stands up to anybody's catalogue, I think you're crazy. Don't get me wrong, he's got a whole bunch of tracks that I will never stop listening to, but you gotta live up to your hype once you finally get it.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
-He's not locked in a contract with def jam. He's been out of that for a few years. He's stuck with Amalgam digital. He owes them one more album, but, from what i've read, he hasn't paid the producers for their instrumentals and, instead, spent all the money from the label on a car on his girlfriend at the time.

-Growth did kinda come out already....i consider it every time he said "you are now listening to the growth" as tracks that were on it.

-You are the only that feels that way about MM3.

-His albums haven't been crappy. Of course they're not as good as MM series but to say they suck is exaggerating.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Are you serious?

J. Cole is a ****ing monster.

He is filled with punchlines and metaphors to last a lifetime it seems. He spits real **** instead of the same old mainstream bull****. The way he crafts his stories is incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfHw2b6b1PU

EDIT: BTW I was wondering if anybody could get me the W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E. instrumental. I can't find a dl link anywhere on the internet. Somebody has it up on youtube, but won't send the link.

Niko45

Smash Master
I like J Cole a lot. Checked out his mixtapes after his feature on Blueprint 3 and they're extremely solid. The Badness is so good, and I could list a ton of tracks from those mixtapes that I love. Hopefully he keeps it up. Who Dat was decent and I like his feature on "All I want is you".

S l o X

Smash Champion
But but, typical Lupe is FIRE.
This.
J.Cole is good. Downloaded that Premeditated Murder **** and it's fire. ah
Who's top 5 in mainstream at this point? I seriously can't make a top 5 since I haven't heard **** on the radio that's amazing/good.
Below the Heavens was like my intro to underground classic. I need to get it to the iPod though.

Lasers is gonna be ****, even if he does that EoTS ****.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Who Dat? Decent? I though he absolutely tore up Who Dat. It even sounded like he was dissin Drake in verse 3. What put me on to J. Cole was his verse on Beautiful Bliss from Wale's Attention Deficit.

Suspect are you being sarcastic or is there really a way I could just rip it off of youtube?

here is the instrumental from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDxNjoJrdrE

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Jane your Avatar is amazing.. and Wale rips that beat.

"rawer than a marlin fresh up out the water, say i'm not hot then u prolly on water.. prolly on water they all on water, acquire more broads then Zachary Morris"

lmao <3 saved by the bell

Top Bottom