• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

S l o X

Smash Champion
anybody hear that joey crack - no problem(s)? i don't know what to think of it but i loved the beat. i need to listen to it agian after i'm done with big boi.
Code:
[SIZE="1"]1)Hell Of a Life (feat. Lil’ Wayne) [Kanye West x DJ Toomp]
2)Dark Fantasy [RZA]
3)Power [S1]
4)Chain Heavy (feat. Eminem x Jay-Z) [Kanye West]
5)Ghetto University (feat. T.I.) [Kanye West x DJ Toomp]
6)That’s My Girl (feat. Katy Perry x Kid Cudi) [Kanye West x Jon Brion]
7)Runaway [Kanye West x Q-Tip]
8)Lost In The World (feat. Nicki Minaj x Rick Ross) [Kanye West x No I.D.]
9)Gorgeous (Ode To Kardashians) (feat. Drake x Game x Ludacris) [Kanye West]
10)Monster [Kanye West x DJ Premier]
11)Holding Me Back (feat. Mos Def x Talib Kweli x Phonte) [Kanye West x Madlib]
12)Devil In a New Dress [Pete Rock]
13)The Joy (feat. Common x John Legend) [Kanye West]
14)So Appalled (feat. Drake x Jamie Foxx) [Kanye West x No I.D.]
15)Blame Game [DJ Toomp]
16)Sweat On My Face [DJ Premier][/SIZE]
If that is the tracklisting for Good A$$ Job, I'm hype.

Westwood Drake Freestyle Spoof has to be the funniest spoof of all timeee . . . lml?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Westwood might act like an idiot but he's alright. Met him a couple of times, he's a humble guy and he's done a lot for hip hop over here.

That Drake spoof was hilarious.

lol Joell. Vishis is funny as hell too.

Royce and Vishis >>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCbFWoan2m8 lol dead

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I didn't know how cool Joe was tho. He's hella cool! I'mma listen to his ****.

(ive watched joe budden tv for like 3 hours man).

its ****ing 3 am ****. gonna go to a party tomorrow and sunday gotta work all ****ing day. owell night...

&& dmx is the ****. westwood is hella scared.

"who are you talking about by the way?

MAN HE KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! CHICAGO! *****!" llol

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
You haven't listened to Joe ever?

****, I wish I could listen to all that music for the first time again.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Well I've listened a little bit.

That one song that comes in 2 parts thats about hip-hop is dope. But I don't like the synthesized beats he has. The Slaughterhouse album is my **** though.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I'll listen to more of his stuff when I get my MUTHA****ING MACBOOK PRO *****ES.

that was unnecessary. but its 3:30 am and i cannot WAIT to make some ****ing music.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Man, I wanna get one so badly.

edit - cross posted in the hype thread, my thoughts on Recovery.

He has a lot of misplaced anger, and it's honestly old as f***. Nobody wanna hear a grown *** man talkin bout his problems. His lyrics are more technical, but they all lack that fire imo. I think we all loved MMLP and SSLP because he was young and angry and we could identify with it, and the controversial **** was relevant. All this stuff now is less so. I usually only enjoy Em on features when he can take a theme from someone and run with it (Forever, Airplanes Pt. 2, Despicable).

I had a discussion with my friend recently and we chalked it up to the fact that he's older now, so he needs to do something new. Listening to him say "shake that *** like a Donkey with Parkinson's" is so incredibly irrelevant.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian

You guys have only heard Who?

Stop whatever you are doing and go listen to Mood Muzik 1, 2 and 3.

Best mixtapes in hip hop ever. **** it, best anything in hip hop ever. GO LISTEN!

Seriously I wish I was you, you don't know what you're about to listen to.

- Anyone listen to Kendrick Lamar? Checking his tape now.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I had a discussion with my friend recently and we chalked it up to the fact that he's older now, so he needs to do something new. Listening to him say "shake that *** like a Donkey with Parkinson's" is so incredibly irrelevant.
maybe it's just me but i realize that i don't listen to a lot of rappers simply so i can relate to what they're talking about, so pondering how relevant a line is to my life is pretty senseless to me. of course, some i can relate to more than other, but i don't put it as a requirement.

@cookie: it's kinda weird. i was watching jbtv well before i was listening to his music. he's a pretty chill dude.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

He has a lot of misplaced anger, and it's honestly old as f***. Nobody wanna hear a grown *** man talkin bout his problems. His lyrics are more technical, but they all lack that fire imo. I think we all loved MMLP and SSLP because he was young and angry and we could identify with it, and the controversial **** was relevant. All this stuff now is less so. I usually only enjoy Em on features when he can take a theme from someone and run with it (Forever, Airplanes Pt. 2, Despicable).

Who cares if a joke punchline is "relevant"? I agree that Em just doesn't have the material to work with he did back in the 90s/early 2000s, but I think it's very daring of him to rap about intensely personal **** in an honest way. It would be insincere if he was still rapping about how he's poor and hates his mom. He IS doing something new. He has a completely different sound, his material is more suited to his age and his life situation.

I can't bag on you for not wanting to hear him spill his guts out and vent on every track...but I can't bag on him for doing that in the first place. Music is self expression.

And besides, SSLP is 90% humorous tracks.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

I agree. His old stuff is dope but his new stuff doesn't have that fire anymore.

You guys have only heard Who?

Stop whatever you are doing and go listen to Mood Muzik 1, 2 and 3.

Best mixtapes in hip hop ever. **** it, best anything in hip hop ever. GO LISTEN!

Seriously I wish I was you, you don't know what you're about to listen to.

- Anyone listen to Kendrick Lamar? Checking his tape now.
I can't... I've been using my dad's computer and I really can't download stuff.... he'll be like WTF IS THIS

McCloud

maybe it's just me but i realize that i don't listen to a lot of rappers simply so i can relate to what they're talking about, so pondering how relevant a line is to my life is pretty senseless to me. of course, some i can relate to more than other, but i don't put it as a requirement.
I don't mean it has to be relevant to my life, but I like to feel something when I listen to music, and listening to Em make these frankly odd punchlines is jarring. I dunno, I like the stuff, but it just doesn't have that same ability to move me.

Who cares if a joke punchline is "relevant"? I agree that Em just doesn't have the material to work with he did back in the 90s/early 2000s, but I think it's very daring of him to rap about intensely personal **** in an honest way. It would be insincere if he was still rapping about how he's poor and hates his mom. He IS doing something new. He has a completely different sound, his material is more suited to his age and his life situation.

I can't bag on you for not wanting to hear him spill his guts out and vent on every track...but I can't bag on him for doing that in the first place. Music is self expression.

And besides, SSLP is 90% humorous tracks.
I care mostly because that's always been the nature of hip hop, to speak on situations. He's in an odd situation right now, and I think it's good that he's getting this stuff out, but we can only hope that he improves. I think of like his last verse before he went incognito (it was a feature on Akon's Smack that) and it was hilarious and technically sound at the same time. This new stuff is personal, yes, but it is like lost dog Eminem, and I can't really get behind that. I'm not saying he should do more humorous tracks (we made you was wack as ****), I just want more stuff that I can dig. My standards are really high for Eminem *shrug*

edit - God **** I just cannot not like anything Drake does.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
God **** I just cannot not like anything Drake does.
drake acted like a dickhead to some dude at a concert and basically said fuck him and that he'd fuck his girl. i think that's worthy of an ass whippin, personally. bring him back down to earth or something. i still dig his music though.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i'd be fine with songs like Underground, Beautiful, and Deja Vu on Recovery, but nothing had that emotion pur into it. :/
Underground? Emotion poured into it?

We're talking about the same track right? the one where he says "60 sluts dying from asphyxia after sipping piss through a Christopher Reeves sippycup."?

that's so heartmelting! it's like he's pouring his soul out for me.

anyways, here's an oldie goodie Ghostface track.

DAYTONA 500 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPKJZJITZHw

McCloud

http://allhiphop.com/stories/alternatives/archive/2010/07/09/22292522.aspx

hell yeah baby. I love this song.

We're talking about the same track right? the one where he says "60 sluts dying from asphyxia after sipping piss through a Christopher Reeves sippycup."?
See like, that just bores me. It's technically savvy, but I don't see the fire in it, cause I'm used to it from Em to talk about stuff like that. It's like he's attacking ghosts cause there's nobody out to get him lol

duyzee

Smash Cadet
thats my favorite lupe track. One of the few that I like.

not hyped at all for lasers. when you keep pushing something back i lose interest
Word, I'm still a Lupe fan though, I normally play his tracks when I'm driving. My personal favourite track is "Hip-Hop Saved My Life".

Top Bottom