• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Jane and Blu are polar opposites in terms of the hate-meter.

I don't like the game either. Can't stand gucci, but I actually like wayne (those two are always grouped together for some reason i don't know why)
haha aye, i don't dislike everything! i'm just.....selective...

wayne's beginning to grow on me. not cuz he's dope or anything, but i've been listening to his lines and they had me laughing. that's probably the wrong reason to listen but that's pretty much the same reason i listen to cam'ron.

game is pretty bad.
"My life used to be empty like a glock without a round.
Now my life full, like a chopper with a thousand rounds"

game when he can't name drop :). i still like 300 bars and runnin tho.

@N9NE: wow. that chorus is terrible.

dammit jane. i didn't get to listen to the song first. i still remember that burning butter scene.

soap

Smash Hero
being funny is a perfectly legitimate reason to listen.

wayne is an entertainer.

btw, not hip hop related, but did anybody hear about jesse jackson comparing Dan Gilbert to a white master who lost a slave?

prety hilarious.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
I can't listen to skyzoo after he got rocked by Jin... he looks too **** goofy to me.

I personally don't like listening to Gucci, Wocka, basically any so icey people, a lot of southern rappers nowadays. North is all **** the South right now and I don't blame them even though I rep the South. I don't think Gucci reps me though. B.O, Outkast, T.I., Wayne, those fellas rep the South. Oh and the classic 3 6 and 8Ball MJG and UGK

Dirty Dirtayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
You're missing out....his album was one of the best of 09. The best imo.

and he held his own against Jin imo.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I don't listen to Gucci but it's funny as **** how loud my boy blast him when we rollin. Black people scare me sometimes lmaoo

@blu - lmao yeah i'm not a super fan but i just find most of his songs easy to listen to (cudi). like, the content doesnt even matter his songs are just soothing or some **** maybe i'm just cockhuggin but its that type of **** i would use to concentrate. i actually didn't like kanyeezys part too much on erase me but w/e.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i've heard of finale. i think i listened to like one track and deleted his album lol.

@S l o X: i can understand that. i, myself, am a cudi hater tho lol. and there's nothing wrong with sack riding certain artists if they're that good...well maybe.

@McCloud: Skyzoo is a goofy lookin dude tho lol. there's very few artists from the south nowadays that have substance, but the same can be said for like everywhere. east coast is in terrible shape as well as west coast.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
lol ruthless. I checked that A Pipe Dream and a Promise and I'm feeling it off first listen.

To Brother Ali fans, what's the best project(s) to check by him.

and lol at discussing Skyzoo's looks.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
lol i'm not rating him on a scale of one to ten. that'd be suspect. but...dude looks weird.

i might give pipe dream another listen. i believe i thought it was really boring, though i know it got some good reviews.

if brother ali didn't sound like he was choking on a gerbil, i'd give him a listen. but damm. his voice kills me. but, from what i've read, his best is like undisputed champion or something like that.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
lol@ THIS IS HIP-HOP crazy crackaz givin me a bad name

Finale sounds pretty dope....
Skyzoo imo had a dope album, don't leave out Dynas' The Apartment when it comes to good albums.

Brother Ali has a hella bad voice, that **** gives me a headache. Sort of like when Sarah Palin talks about politics.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Oh. And I'm going to a Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli) concert in a couple of weeks in Oakland.

Can't ****ing wait. My first concert ever and its BLACK STAR?

And they should be doing another album together.

McCloud

ONE TWO THREE, MOS DEF AND TALIB KWELI, WE GONNA TAKE IT TO THE TIP TOP, BEST ALLIANCE IN HIP HOP, BY ALLLL,

f the west coast lol, the biggest thing to come out of there in the last 8 years was jerkin. before that, the game (LOL)

I can't think of solid and recent Cali rappers at all...

And f everyone who believes in this illuminati/free mason bull. What in the world are people on about with that stuff? lol

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
ONE TWO THREE, MOS DEF AND TALIB KWELI, WE GONNA TAKE IT TO THE TIP TOP, BEST ALLIANCE IN HIP HOP, BY ALLLL,

f the west coast lol, the biggest thing to come out of there in the last 8 years was jerkin. before that, the game (LOL)

And f everyone who believes in this illuminati/free mason bull. What in the world are people on about with that stuff? lol
Word, two of my favorite rappers.

..... well we have Murs..... and The Coup is hella dope.
I gotta agree tho, west coast hip-hop sucks ****.

And idk dude... illuminati been gone since like 1800 and free masons dont control the world lol.

BTW.

WU TANG PIZZA. http://woooha.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Wu-Tang-Pizza-550x470.jpg

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
being funny is a perfectly legitimate reason to listen.

wayne is an entertainer.

btw, not hip hop related, but did anybody hear about jesse jackson comparing Dan Gilbert to a white master who lost a slave?

prety hilarious.
i forgot to respond to this earlier. not gonna lie. when i fist read the note, i was like "they act like they owned the guy". but i know i wasn't thinking of slavery or anything. wish jesse wouldn't always do that lol.

ayo, Blu and Fashawn are west coast and can wreck most rappers out right now.

Blu - So(ul) Amazin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq-crVkXcaw

Fashawn - Life As A Shorty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdrEIIRVZ9g

soap

Smash Hero
Never heard any solo Nickelus F. I did like his verses on some real old drake tracks. Room for improvement I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Kctk5KRQM

I've had donuts on my computer since linguini put it in his almost top five lol. I really like it. I listened to welcome to detroit instrumentals alot too.

I've been into instrumental albums lately. Helps me study

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
gucci is legit on other peoples tracks. his verse on we be steady mobbin is so weird it is amazing. but i think he is best when he is feel good like on shine blockas with big boi.

people who say **** the south (who are these people?) are obviously omitting the absolutely and simply understood clause "with the exception of both andres from outkast, lil wayne, T.I., and ludacris" but i guess every region has a handful of rappers who are left out of the equation when you say that region sucks. b.o.b. is mega cool too and i hope everything he does turns to gold.

Jane

Smash Hero
gucci is legit on other peoples tracks. his verse on we be steady mobbin is so weird it is amazing. but i think he is best when he is feel good like on shine blockas with big boi.
oh god, i hated we be steady mobbin. well, at first i liked it but the more i listened to it... the less i wanted to listen to it hah. i did like him on shine blockaz doe.

also, im diggin that avatar tom. i love that song and music video :]

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
The best song that came off of a Donuts beat...

hmm...

my vote would be Usher ft. Jadakiss - Throwback. Either that or the Roots - Can't Stop This. Both of those tracks were CRAZY.

In terns of Dilla tributes, Illa J's album (Dilla's brother) was slept on but monster.

Jane

Smash Hero
there was this really funny comedian i was watching once that did a joke about that. he was saying how rappers are always like "blah blah blah im the best you suck" and then have 50 people rapping alongside them saying the same thing.

of course he did it in a much more comedic way than i did. its funny cuz its true tho lmao. cant remember the dudes name doe...

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
ps does anyone find it disturbing to look at a tracklist and see like a bajillion songs with features? I like features, but dudeeeeee...
i honestly kinda get irritated when i see an album has a whole bunch of guests on it. kinda seems like they need some one to okay/cosign their music.

McCloud

I mean I get that you need singers for the hook nowadays, but daaaaaaamnnnn. Big has only 2 songs on the album without features, not counting the dope intro. Like it's great and all, but you gotta do that personal growth thing at some point. He didn't put Three Stacks on to make it *his* album, but it's still him + a buncha other folks.

I think you should limit your collaborations, but then again in this day and age it's hard to have a singular audience, and if you're making enjoyable music and enjoying the music you make (no doubt about the getting paid part) I can't blame you too much.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
West coast rappers who are dope=Blu, Fashawn, Murs, The Coup is a good group. Ice Cube IMO, and im drawing a blank light...

so im arguing with a bunch of stans about how recovery sucked. its hopeless

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
He didn't put Three Stacks on to make it *his* album, but it's still him + a buncha other folks.
he had a song with andre. his label blocked it from being on the album for who knows what reason. track's called royal flush, i believe. his label's been ****ing him over for a while. he actually made shutterbug and general patton in 2006...

so im arguing with a bunch of stans about how recovery sucked. its hopeless
i don't think it sucked.....but people are rating it wayyyy too high. some actually have it in his top 3 albums. also, there's no such thing as arguing with stans. no matter what you say, it won't get through to them.it's like yelling at walls.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Anyone know any good Dilated Peoples songs? I'm actually gonna try and make a mixtape this summer, and I'm trying to expand my knowledge as much as possible. :p

HipHop is one of his favorite genres for getting dooooooown.

Grandmaster Flash is made of seeeeeeeeeeeex.
This dude is a beast.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
So I got Drake's Thank Me Later.
Oh god, no. I didn't buy it. It's not finished downloading yet.
But do you what do you think about it?

Top Bottom