• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

SonikonKronik

Smash Rookie
Nujabes (RIP)
Substantial
Mf Doom
Mos Def
Pase Rock
Lord Quas
Madlib
Gagle
Count Bass D
A.Y.B. Force
Brand Nubian
Public Enemy

I like real hip hop. ;D

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Nujabes (RIP)
Substantial
Mf Doom
Mos Def
Pase Rock
Lord Quas
Madlib
Gagle
Count Bass D
A.Y.B. Force
Brand Nubian
Public Enemy

I like real hip hop. ;D
No Talib Kweli? Really?

Substantial is alright but not THAT good. Mos Def is dope, and Nujabes=One of the best producers, tied with J Dilla.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
substantial is ass...well maybe not ass but he's nothing special. he certainly has never impressed me with his lyrics or flow.

i don't think nujabes is tied with dilla. i mean they're both great, but jay has an advantage simply because he's worked with more notable/recognizable artists. still love nujabes though.

Jane

Smash Hero
My favs from your list kronik were nujabes and da mighty mos

Nujabes was one of the best to ever do it, and mos def is one of my favorite emcees. I just wish he was more focused on making music :c

Jane

Smash Hero
i love samurai champloo so much. i was so sad when it ended. (just because i had to stop watching it lol)

and tml IS too god**** catchy. Dx

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Nujabes (RIP)
Substantial
Mf Doom
Mos Def
Pase Rock
Lord Quas
Madlib
Gagle
Count Bass D
A.Y.B. Force
Brand Nubian
Public Enemy

I like real hip hop. ;D
You know Quas and Madlib are the same person right?

This list is pretty good. I like Mos, DOOM, and Madlib, don't really listen to those other guys too much but the Nujabes I've heard is really good.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
hmmmm i've never wanted to listen to CnN. for some reason, this reminds me of when Nas told his *** to step his bars up and he got pissed off lol.

@N9NE: i stay away from rick ross. i haven't really bothered to listen to free mason. really don't feel like listening to anything concerning illuminati or all that shiz.

SonikonKronik

Smash Rookie
You know Quas and Madlib are the same person right?

This list is pretty good. I like Mos, DOOM, and Madlib, don't really listen to those other guys too much but the Nujabes I've heard is really good.
Yes I know they're the same person. I listed* both of his names because I like his rapping as well as just his instrumental works.

And Nujabes is a legend, IMO. Should really listen to him.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
hahaha i'm not a hater! revolutionary vol. 2 is one of my favorite albums. tech is definitely dope....he just hasn't put out any material as of late...

jane, what don't you listen to? so far, in this entire thread, i don't think i've seen you say you especially don't like a particular artist:laugh:.

so this is basically a question to yo ass as well as everybody else. are there any artists that you absolutely detest musically? and don't say any obvious people like lil wayne or gucci or anyone on the radio really.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
so.

first i buy tickets to rock the bells.

now, i get a call back. internship at the national museum of hip-hop.

np: dmx - party up

musicians i detest...gucci, i like him in the right place. he has a great presence, good voice for hooks. i don't think he's the most talented, but on like pretty girls with wale, he's superb, same with shine blockaz. i really don't have an artist that i hear on the radio and turn immediately off.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
you get to go to rock the bells? i'm jealous, bruh. the best thing i can buy tickets for is birthday bash, which is when alllllll the swag rappers crawl outta holes in the ground to perform their single hit, while pouring vodka on all da hoez.

that internship sounds pretty dope....details?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
you get to go to rock the bells? i'm jealous, bruh. the best thing i can buy tickets for is birthday bash, which is when alllllll the swag rappers crawl outta holes in the ground to perform their single hit, while pouring vodka on all da hoez.

that internship sounds pretty dope....details?
web design/promotion. going to call a few favors in to hmw, see if he can release a video trying to promote the museum's website/twitter/facebook the same week i start working there.

"we have 4000 new friend requests? mr. smith, an explanation?"

"[scientology]"

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
There's a museum of hip hop oh shut that's one museum I wanna go to.

Annnd immortal technique has some good flow. Like on this song by soul purpose.. Forget what it's called but it's funny

Something something something fecal matter?
You're a walking piece of shot. You deserve to be splattered.

Jane

Smash Hero
jane, what don't you listen to? so far, in this entire thread, i don't think i've seen you say you especially don't like a particular artist:laugh:.
its funny because i was actually having this conversation earlier haha. and to answer your question,

the game. ok he has maybe a maximum of like 5 good songs, and usually its because of a guest (eg wouldn't get far), but other than that, i straight up dont like the dude. i dont like his music, i dont like his demeanor, i dont like what he talks about, i dont really like his production.

i truly do not like the game at all. :) HAPPY NOW? :b

soap

Smash Hero
Jane and Blu are polar opposites in terms of the hate-meter.

I don't like the game either. Can't stand gucci, but I actually like wayne (those two are always grouped together for some reason i don't know why)

Jane

Smash Hero
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

"i went to this club right... they had no baggy pants and no sneakers... i was, wow, i didnt know what to think about that"

skyzoo track was tight

10 points to whoever can guess what black parody movie this sexy R&B track was on (WITHOUT USING THE INTERNET!)

joe - all the things (your man wont do)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVIpBCaZJVI

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
ummm...the only thing that comes to mind is.. "Don't be a menace to society while drinking your juice in the hood"...

Or something the Wayans Bros Did...

Jane

Smash Hero
CORRECT SIR! TEN POINTS!

dont be a menace is the one :) of course the young black man is the one that gets it right :laugh:

Top Bottom