• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I listen to Drake Album everyday I work out. I listen to the dream Album as well...

I think that track With Drake and Jeezy is probably one of my favorites... although I don't dislike any song on his CD....

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i need to go listen to his album again. so far, my favorite track was "show me a good time". and i have to go back and listen to so far gone with an unbiased ear :)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Nicki Minaj is terrible.

@duyzee: I'm not even looking forward to detox. whether it be the push backs or shi*ty tracks that have leaked, either way, i no longer care for it.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I got a ticket to Rock the Bells in NY. So good.

This girl I used to go to church with...she'll be there.

Correction, she'll be singing backup for Lauryn Hill and gave me a VIP pass.

OH MY GOD.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I like Nicki Minaj... She's probably the only female rapper that I could actually listen to consistently. I thought Shawna would do well but, her career is basically over. Trina always talks about being the baddest b*tch. Lil Kim can rap but isn't appealing to me at all.

Dr. Dre i think the hype for his album is dead... even if it does come out... it won't sell that well. He should just stick to producing beats.. or make some big features on hit songs if he wants his buzz going strong... He is getting old, the music Industry is designed around a younger audience.... well the Hip Hop of today... His core fans are probably as old as him... These young cats growing up don't even know who Dr. Dre is. I never been a Dr. Dre Fan nor will I start... to me the best thing Dre did was find Eminem. No disrespect to Dre cause I do respect him as an artist. But West Coast Rap isn't that interesting.... Although the New Boyz are quite interesting...

Jane

Smash Hero
Don't mean to be on the Drake kick for so long, but Shut It Down ft. The Dream is BABY. MAKING. MUSIC. ****. I love this song.
agreed.

I think that track With Drake and Jeezy is probably one of my favorites... although I don't dislike any song on his CD....
i dont understand how anyone could like find your love. :p

Up All Night is a great driving song according my boy
haha ive never heard this before (about any song lol)

I got a ticket to Rock the Bells in NY.
soooo jealous right now :D

nicki minaj and dre
i agree i love nicki minaj :p

and i love the chronic and the chronic 2001, both classics imo, but i gave up on detox probably about 3 years ago lol. i expect it to be complete trash, IF it ever comes out

also, ybm, since you said you like the new boyz does that mean you like jerking music in general? haha

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
is it a date?

and i haven't listened to it yet. i want to buy it first but i've heard nothing but good things. i need to get that and Big Boi's album.
nah, not a date. she heard i was going, hooked me up with a VIP pass to meet the artists after the show and stuff.

big boi's album is amazing too.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
haha, Yea... I usually don't like trends or anything... But I think the Jerk movement is good. I feel like when that kind of music comes on everyone wants to dance and have a good time...rather than jumpin and getting crunk. Music influences peoples actions...why not influence it to make people dance and enjoy themselves. Now, I'm not down with tight jeans...but I'm not going to judge a person just because they wear jeans that are comfortable to them.

Yeah, but the Jerk type beats are catchy. It's not as lyrical but it gets the job done in a weird way...

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Now, I'm not down with tight jeans...but I'm not going to judge a person just because they wear jeans that are comfortable to them.

Yeah, but the Jerk type beats are catchy. It's not as lyrical but it gets the job done in a weird way...
i judge if you wear tight jeans :).

i prefer crunk music :). not throwin elbows and shit but definitely something you can get into. the jerk movement is terrible simply because of the name. i swear if i hear another person say "shawty was jerkin in the club" or "i was jerkin on the ride home" i'm gonna dropkick somebody.

Jane

Smash Hero
i love jerking music.

i wear skinny jeans.

aaand yup, i can jerk ^______^

now, i dont wear skinnys because of jerking, i wear them because i like them. but jerking is actually a very fun activity. (LOL)

blu you shouldnt hate something just because of the name lol. if you dont like it thats fine, but just because of the name? haha.

i understand that a lot of people dont like it, but what really irks me is all the people just hating on it, because they dont like it. because jerking music is actually very fun and drama-free, but a lot of people have "beef" with it simply because its "stupid"

/2cents

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
lol i don't hate anyone. i don't like it and i don't like the name. name just added onto it. i mean, i got friends that wear them. i always have to ask "dude, why the frrruck do you wear those?". i'll just think it's stupid in the comfort of my own mind...much like how people may think my baggy jeans are stupid :).

also, i don't have beef.....unless you wear scarfs....

i didn't know there was actually a category for jerking music...it's sad that i know how to do most of these dances, but refuse to do them in public unless i'm intoxicated lol.

/50cents

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Man I jerk like its my business, but I'm a dancer, soooo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6suO7L6BPEc

Chris Brown was like "well ****, might as well rap."

Dope beat though. Glad to see jerkers in here. Any krumpers? I'm learning.

haha ive never heard this before (about any song lol)
What, you never put on a track and cruised/sped down the city streets at night? It's a great feeling.

Jane

Smash Hero
mccloud you a jerk <33

also i am in shock right now. that song goes hardddd

i was never interested in learning how to krump, but i do respect the dance style.
any TURFERS IN HERE?? :D

yeah, i guess that makes sense. but thats basically any song with a lot of bass, haha

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Real talk, it's called jerking? Really? Ahhh Americans you make me lol. I can just imagine what would happen if I told a friend to check some 'jerking' music..

''What's good fam?''

''All good man, just listening to some jerking music''

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Getting crunk is old... I don't recall going to clubs anytime within the past 3 years... that cats got crunk to... and I'm from the hood.

We use to get crunk to that C- Murder "Down for My N!ggas"... But everytime that song came on somebody got punched and then a fight breaks out. Lil Jon is the King of Crunk but he makes songs Latin Crunk now... and his latest album did HORRIBLE!!! so it's under the radar if he has any good songs to get Crunk to. I can honestly say that getting crunk is dead unless you play that old crunk stuff.

There are a few songs that get you hyped but not crunk...Jeezy, Gucci, Wayne, and a few TI joints will get you hyped in the club. Maybe even Gorilla Zoe and Young Joc. Anything that gets the ladies dancing is okay with me though.

I can also say that the Title "Jerkin" is funny. You can make a lot of jokes about the title...but it is what it is. I just don't understand why people hate on things like that. I'm not knocking anyone in general... but why hate on something if it's not effecting your life in a negative way. I wear baggy pants...I despise wearing tight jeans... but I'm not gon talk down or bad about someone. Or even ask why someone is doing what they are doing, especially if it's a style. Everyone likes what they like... why hate on someone for liking something different than you. Just respect it!

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i went to a club last night.....the ***gas that performed jerk music.....all got BOOED THE FUCK OFF STAGE, with me and my friend booing the loudest in the club :chuckle: not gonna lie though. everybody liked the beat of the songs right up until somebody started rapping. even the women weren't feeling that shi* lol.

what the hell is a turfer?

edit: my definition of crunk is hype music, not head busta music tho.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Forget getting hype in the club...people get too hostile too quick.

Reggaeton and dancehall >>>>>>

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Can anybody pin-point the day it went wrong I mean I use to blame reggeton'e
I can't front I thought all that was corny - Joe Budden :)

i dunno. i've never gotten into raggaeton. daddy yankee is the only one i've heard of in the genre.....some body post some links....i feel like i'm denying my hispanic heritage hahaha

Jane

Smash Hero
LOL no do not buy their album. jerking songs are only good when handpicked for quality. the new boyz album is trash trash trash. (a couple good songs)

also, daddy yankee is VERY skilled on the mic, contrary to popular belief, ill post up links in a bit

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Just to set it straight, when I said Reggaeton and dancehall >>>>>> I meant for the club. Who wants to get hype when you can play some Pitbull or Vybz Kartel and all the chicks are gonna go mad.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
well.....you should still have it on your ipod, even if you detest it.....so when you have a girl in the car....you have something to play....unfortunately, chicks ain't bumpin nas and joe budden like that so i keep some mainstream music in my playlist. barely gets any solo spins tho.

rhan

Smash Hero
What are the best back in the day tracks I should get for the Ipod? Say anything from what was on the radio at the time to underground ****. I want to go down memory lane..

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
well.....you should still have it on your ipod, even if you detest it.....so when you have a girl in the car....you have something to play....unfortunately, chicks ain't bumpin nas and joe budden like that so i keep some mainstream music in my playlist. barely gets any solo spins tho.
She's listening to Joe whether she likes it or not.

Cheah!

Top Bottom