• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
im currently about halfway through Sir Lucious Left Foot - The Son of Chico Dusty...

sooooo good so far! x]

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
im actually not crazy about lupe, very lyrical but he is a little too nonchalant for my tastes, almost like he doesn't even care that much. He has some real solid tracks under his belt tho.
That used to be my problem with Lupe, that I couldn't throw down to his tracks, but his mixtape is has a couple songs that go real hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI1KuQy0x4Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvU5AQxNLfA

That being said, I like that he doesn't do this often on his albums.

@Luigi Power's my new workout song. Running to that song is like being high, and I pushed myself to a runner's high the first time I ran to it.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Hmm...Lupe is nice, but after the debacle with him and Phonte he loses a bit of respect from me (IMO Phonte > Lupe)

Kanye was nice, but now overrated. Hopefully he goies back to his college dropout style on his new album.

Freeway is ok; Philadelphia Freeway was like his best album though. But Cass hurt him as well...

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
what the fuck? there was only ten people there :laugh:

electronica's cool. can get boring every now and again. i know he's dropping an album this year....not too sure what to expect of it.

Suspect

Smash Hero
freeway>>>>cassidy

that battle they had means nothing to me, especially when it comes to making music

FREEZA!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Alright, so I've been doing heavy labor for a few days to save money for my computer....
I only need a couple hundred more and I can make a song, and put it on iTunes.

The concept for it is, not to have a Kanye-Ego, completely ****ing genius. Well not really, but its an awesome concept. I'll see if I can make the lyrics and the storytelling as well both amazing.

I should put a single in iTunes by the end of summer. :)

soap

Smash Hero
That used to be my problem with Lupe, that I couldn't throw down to his tracks, but his mixtape is has a couple songs that go real hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI1KuQy0x4Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvU5AQxNLfA

That being said, I like that he doesn't do this often on his albums.

@Luigi Power's my new workout song. Running to that song is like being high, and I pushed myself to a runner's high the first time I ran to it.
Shouts to Drizzy, shout to Wayne
Yezzy, Jeezy, Ricky, Fifty, Raekwon, Loso Gucci Mane

second track i enjoyed.

how was the rest of that mixtape?

haven't listened to his albums in a while, the only song i remember liking alot was hurt me soul

whats his best tracks in your opinion, i might give him a second listen

^and kanye hate is a little cliche now after southpark. Besides, *****es love his big ego

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
lol that battle was classic.

I don't even like Cassidy, he stay spitting about guns 24/7. But Freeway was so horrible it was unbearable to watch. Neither were really personal, all of their bars were generic.

But he murked him after his verse alone '***** flabbergasted' looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Cassidy is GOAT status off that quote alone.

Jane

Smash Hero
preferably all of the above :laugh:

HAPPY 4TH TO ALL MY SMASHING HIP HOP HEADS!! nine, happy 4th of july too. i see you over there in the UK

Jane

Smash Hero
^ what i like about that album is that the only two songs i dont like, are the last two songs. so i dont ever have to skip i can just listen until "find your love" comes on at which point i put something new on :)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Sorry I'm just pissed J Cole was in London and I missed it. FML.

@ McCloud haven't been on the club scene in ages but if you go anywhere in Central (Picadilly Circus/Leicester Square) must clubs have a hip hop vibe. A lot of clubs have shifted to playing more dubstep and house here.

But Latin clubs>>>>>>> They're mostly in South London but I wouldn't recommend going there as a tourist lol.

Where exactly are you staying?

Jane

Smash Hero
mccloud: i love both of those songs lol. more specifically karaoke. idk i just like his singing voice a lot :s

nine: ahahah daaaaang

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Sorry I'm just pissed J Cole was in London and I missed it. FML.

@ McCloud haven't been on the club scene in ages but if you go anywhere in Central (Picadilly Circus/Leicester Square) must clubs have a hip hop vibe. A lot of clubs have shifted to playing more dubstep and house here.

But Latin clubs>>>>>>> They're mostly in South London but I wouldn't recommend going there as a tourist lol.

Where exactly are you staying?
wtf happened to j.cole? haven't heard a single damm song since who dat?

Latin clubs; ahhh the music of my people :). i've been trying to find a latin club as well as a trance club.

today was fun. got drunk(nothing too heavy though) ate food and had sexy thoughts hahaha.

Jane

Smash Hero
+props for your cookie

i could listen to nature of the threat on repeat for three days and not get bored of it. rass kass >>

also, good 4th of july for me too, blu. fireworks and intoxication :)

McCloud

mccloud: i love both of those songs lol. more specifically karaoke. idk i just like his singing voice a lot :s

nine: ahahah daaaaang

Wut. XD You like his singing voice but not Find your love? *head asplode*

haha I'm just giving you **** Thank Me Later has really grown on me.

I like nature of the threat, it sounds more like spoken word at times, which is something I have to deal with a lot when writing lyrics. I have a habit of overextending my bars into the next bar, so instead of ending on the 4th it usually runs over into the 2nd beat of the next line XD.

I'm staying in Greenwich village, no idea where that is, London for 3 days and then I'm heading to Oxford to hang out with some college friends who are there for the summer (cause they're rich and can afford to pay 8 grand for classes at Oxford, **** that man. I wanna go!)

JCole is getting mad slept on. He just doesn't have the hype machine right now. Also I hear it's the Jigga curse...

edit - Whoa, I am really digging MF Grimm now.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
My experiences of Greenwich is that it's dead lol. But you'll enjoy London if you're with friends.

Blu: he has dropped a couple of random tracks, I'll dig them up.

The guy in the video said Cole's album is like a mix between Illmatic and The College Dropout

...a mix between Illmatic and The College Dropout

...Illmatic and The College Dropout

McCloud

LMFAO. Yeah we're not in the heart like I wanted but my friends wanted to stay there, so whatever. We're just gonna grab taxis home after spending the night out.

man that urkel one is KILLIN ME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK7GSARUs_Q&feature=player_embedded

I just came from reddit/r/depressingcomics (not a real subreddit) and someone posted this. Don't click if you don't want to cry >_>

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
My experiences of Greenwich is that it's dead lol. But you'll enjoy London if you're with friends.

Blu: he has dropped a couple of random tracks, I'll dig them up.

The guy in the video said Cole's album is like a mix between Illmatic and The College Dropout

...a mix between Illmatic and The College Dropout

...Illmatic and The College Dropout

hahaha yeah something's seriously wrong with that comparison.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
lol nah I was just saying that because I'm hyped. Don't want my expectations to get too high though.

J Cole - Higher

J Cole - The Last Stretch

Both post Who Dat. 1st track is cool, nothing special, but Last Stretch was for the anniversary of The Warm Up.

'EVERY VERSE I WRITE I SWEAR IM ONLY GETTING STRONGER
CAN YOU PONDER IMAGINE WHAT MY **** GON SOUND LIKE
IF I TOLD YOU THE WARM UP WAS JUST A SOUNDBITE.''

Jane

Smash Hero
that urkel just got ****en saved ma dude. lol

mccloud: i cant STAND find your love. it outrages me every time i listen to it. hahah

my favorite part of the whole album is the last, like, 3 minutes of "fancy" because i love the beat they use, i sing along passionately every time that part comes on :B

also, chicity is good ****, this is a goodie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRL7D0wcXM

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
+props for your cookie

i could listen to nature of the threat on repeat for three days and not get bored of it. rass kass >>

also, good 4th of july for me too, blu. fireworks and intoxication :)
Thanks.

Nature of the Threat is an amazing song. I can't lie, AND I'm white.

4th of July was alright for me. I wrote about 2 pages for a song... It's just getting some stuff off my chest, I SWEAR that song is gonna be like 10 minutes long llol.

“The black kids wishin’ they white kids, when they close they eyelids, like, I bet they neighborhood ain’t like this/White kids wishin’ they black kids, and wanna talk like
rappers, it’s all backwards, it’s identity crisis." - Talib Kweli, that got me thinkin.

OH, and I saw Get Him to the Greek. ****ing hilarious. The record label owner was awesome "BIGGEST LOSER THATS DADDY'S FAVORITE SHOW!!" (he's black).

its just hella funny. i was dying the whole movie

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
get him to the greek was awesome as was the owner of the record label
"do you know how many pairs of air jordans six black kids wear?"

Top Bottom