• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
LINGUINI:

sweet mary mother of jesus

i knew you were one of da bess, but i never realized how nut-inducing your ganon was. you've inspired me to main him now. well, you, AND finding out how sexy blue ganon is :3

expect me at a ganon board near you soon :D

that is all.

oh, and this song is stuck in my head so hard.

the dream feat kanye - walking on the moon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqaTjzvMq18

Jane

Smash Hero
jane, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt1Hd8PfwVs
be on the lookout for vmans next combo video too
sometimes I forget this is SMASHboards haha
haha that was sick! im excited to improve my ganon now xD

as far as i know vman doesnt have any plans right now on making a combo video? i could be wrong tho.

and yeah lol, last time i brought up smash in here, a few people commented on how they forget everyone in here smashes :p

Feel like I haven't posted in this thread in a minute. What's good with everyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5-KcxN9OvY

So smoothhhh.
sick! very ambient

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
T.I. = most consistent rapper?
i wouldn't say so. T.I vs T.I.P was a sorry follow up to King.

@Jane: That dream song is pretty irritating : ). the only song i can listen to of his is rockin that ****....that's about it.

@N9NE: if that instrumental is definitely confirmed on TGE, i'm more hyped and pissed at Joe :)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
T.I. is good for a mainstream rapper. Dead and Gone has amazing lyrics.

If I had it my way,

Jean Grae, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common, Nas, and DMX would rule Hip-Hop.

But the world sucks.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Told myself one day when boredom takes me...imma go through this entire thread and just listen to all the music posted here...

Bout to have myself a field-day ^_^

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I keep checking back in this thread in hopes of suddenly everyone is talking about how beast DOOM is.

but every time I'm greeted with disappointment.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i just got back from an underground hip-hop club. wayyy more girls than expected, some even highly attractive. and most of the girls there were white, which kinda surprised me. it's all good though :). might post pictures later >__>

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
Recovery had a nice 1st week, 741,000 copies. I really don't get all the Recovery hate from critics, although there was a bit much singing and a few bad lines, there were still bombs like Almost Famous, and also emotion shifting tracks like You're Never Over. Only track I skip is So Bad. I give it #2 out of all of his albums, just slightly below MMLP.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Oh boo ****ing hoo. Musicians actually having to actively tour and play music a lot? The horror! That article simply said artists have to approach music if they want to seriously make a career out of it. The record store is dead. Move on and adapt.
I never said artists shouldnt work harder... But still, the quality of music is such **** these days, people don't know what's good and what sucks.

But if underground were popular and whats mainstream wasnt, I would be happy as ****.

not everybody should be making music

and people that really have a passion for it find a way to do it regardless of income
Agreed, but the people who have a passion for it do it, but with so much less income.

^ hey i said i like kweli :)

@cookie dude, when was the last time you watched cribs? artists (who become popular) are VERY well off. artists who stay underground still make music, and usually with more passiont/effort than mainstream artists, so whats the problem? like luigi said, if they want more money they better get off their ***** and go MAKE that money by touring.

as far as the movie industry, i dont know much about that, but last time i went to the movies it was still packed as all hell lol
They still make records, but they don't get the recognition they deserve.

Yeah, but so much promotion is given to mainstream artists :/

Did we lose our hunger? Something's got to give
Did we outgrow ourselves? Is hip-hop for kids?
If it is, they turn on MTV Cribs
And think, "That's where these mother****ers really live!" - Joey

...lol i doubt that's where most of these artists live....gotta live up to the image, i guess.

@cookie, personally, i don't think stopping illegal downloading would have a huge impact. i don't buy most albums because the quality of music most artists are putting out is bull shit. a lot of money does come in from touring. i know chamillionaire got paid 100 grand for ONE show lol. 50 got paid a mil just to make an appearance at a barmitzfa....or how ever you spell it. touring can bring in money. a lot of underground artists i listen NEVER drop by georgia so i definitely think they need to get off their lazy asses and drop by....>__<
****. 1 million?
O.O

Half of the selling point is the voice for major label artists. It's how Jeezy gets away with his ****. I read Poetry of Hip Hop and Adam Bradley specifically talks about how Jeezy's voice lets him keep simple *** rhymes. Same goes for DMX's barking dog style.

I never got into MF Doom.

But yoooo, I just came back from seeing NERD perform at Solidays Friday. It's probably the defining moment in my time in Paris. Pharrell brought out Lupe for a guest spot and his verse on Everybody Nose. Robin Thicke was there too but that's of less importance.

I have seen a major hip hop icon perform every year since I started college. Kanye was freshman year, Lupe was sophomore, and NERD is junior year. Excited to see what happens this year as a senior.
DMX doesn't really have a complex rhyme scheme. But he has so much emotion in his music, you can't deny that.

NERD - "You ain't heard? We swallow guys."

take that line how you want...

XD had me laughing for a good 5 minutes.

Jane

Smash Hero
dang, good **** ybm... only heard a couple but i like it. keep going!

also is it true you stopped maining kirby? D:

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
dang, good **** ybm... only heard a couple but i like it. keep going!

also is it true you stopped maining kirby? D:
Thanks....

And nah, I'm still Kirby all the way. I'm just making room for other characters I like to play. I wanna have faith in those characters like I have faith in Kirby... So I've been playing those characters more... Plus, I feel I have nothing else to prove with Kirby... I've done a lot with him. So to prove to myself my skills aren't limited to Kirby I play other characters...

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I'll post some of my raps when I get them recorded. No studio in Paris :(

that first ybm song on the channel sounds like you are listenin to a lot of T.I... haha dope though
I get that a lot from that song... But I don't listen to him for real...He's not one of my favorite rappers. I've been listening to Drake, The Dream, Eminem, and Lil Wayne...they stay on repeat on my Ipod

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
****** eating ice cream naked in the snow line was pretty awesome.

....unfortunately my conscious won't allow me to respect any rapper that plays brawl.

real talk.
hahaha but lets keep the trash talk out of this thread

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
****** eating ice cream naked in the snow line was pretty awesome.

....unfortunately my conscious won't allow me to respect any rapper that plays brawl.

real talk.
thanks!

and I think that's dumb of you to feel that way...probably the dumbest statement I've heard in years....

Top Bottom