• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Since we're on the whole Wu vibe:

I find their music gets slightly boring real quick. Guess I could say that about others too but meh...

The cover for Liquid Swords is brilliant.

Raekwon is so over rated it's ridiculous.

Search thread: dälek
1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXgM9T4mFbQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YA7R3ugWUs
I was feeling the first track until the beat dropped, killed it for me. Beat seemed to drown him out in the second one.

Also to quickly touch on the r&b part of discussion, Aaliyah >>>>>>>

Jane

Smash Hero

Jane

Smash Hero
tell me what you all think of No Ceilings

now that i finally listened to it, its no ceilings discussion time!

and ladies and gents, say what you will about wayne's lyrical content, but my god, he kills nearly every track, one upping almost every single original artist, and in some cases completely murdering, and obliterating the original artist into a million tiny little pieces (see: original "watch my shoes" by 3 deep).

his slippery flow, original metaphors, and braggadocio is in full effect, and on point as ever! i suggest everyone (that can at least tolerate weezy, if you just flat out don't like him then there's no changing your mind) pick this mixtape up.

also big ups to lil wayne for releasing so much free music virtually the whole time he's been in the game. it's nice knowing he's not just in it for the money or sold out. (he really hasn't)

here are some of the best tracks where wayne really shines, if you just want a taste

name of the song, then original song and artist in brackets

ice cream [ice cream paint job by dorrough] - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVwbqlZE1Mc

wasted [wasted by gucci mane] - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBHA8u7bDVE

watch my shoes [watch my shoes by 3 deep] - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZTKtn6YIzo

wayne on me [wetter by twista] - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slnzXx1iZvw

oh lets do it [o let's do it by waka flocka flame] - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bJJKoMo0UM

single [original track] - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQkqdl0LxDU

that was a lot, i'm sorry. those are my favorite songs from the mixtape, but i like almost all of them (all except like... two)

By Weezy, Tom?

If this is what you're referring to, It's good to see weezy doing what he does best. Rapping. No more of this auto tune, or poppy *** rap **** he was doin for the last 3 years. Back to Drought 3, Dedication 2 like ****.
haha why do so many people think he's not using auto tune? he uses auto tune on like 3 or 4 tracks, just not as extremely as he has in the past.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah man heard it. The Cotto line >>>
The stuff he's talking about Tahiry is real talk. Mixing could have been better though, vocals are abit too loud. Idk about Mood Muzik though..it's good, but it didn't have me like ****nnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

EM & SH on possibly a Just Blaze beat. Hyped.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Joey's mixing has been off point (pun intended) of late.

Edit: Oops, sorry Jane. Was so excited about this new track from Joey, I completely derailed the thread. I'll take a looksie at No Ceilings now XD

Jane

Smash Hero
hahahaha no no please talk about whatever you want! :p i may have started this thread but it's not MY thread, its everyones thread!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Didn't like Blueprint 3 at all.

Couple of tracks were ok. J Cole's verse on A Star Is Born >>>

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Huh. I thought Blueprint 3 was pretty good. Young Forever is great and D.O.A, while somewhat of a generic attack on mainstreamers, is still a good track. Empire State of Mind is ok also.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
hahahaha no no please talk about whatever you want! :p i may have started this thread but it's not MY thread, its everyones thread!
Still though, I'm glad Wayne's back to what he's good at. My only issue with Wayne is him claiming best rapper alive and everyone actually accepting it.

Other than that, most people don't understand that the guy's extremely talented otherwise, and has respect for hiphop. He'd have to, he was around for a LONG while before he blew up. No Ceilings is pretty sick.

I'm feeling good about hip hop right now. Lupe's on his way back, Joe's blowing up, Kanye's getting back to rapping, plenty of great new talent, Wale is repping MD/VA, Eminem' back in the game and wrecking every track he steps on...

how you guys feeling about the blueprint 3
I actually liked it, but mainly because the production was so amazing.

And I went to the concert for it when it hit Maryland. Every track was pretty consistent too.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Can anyone recommend some Geto Boys songs? I'm just now getting into them, after I heard some of their songs on pandora radio. :D

Right now I'm liking:

G Code
6 Feet Deep
Hold It Down

S l o X

Smash Champion
Connect that chain up to a crane
Pull the game up by the brains
Could not move it just with brains
So I had to use some bling
Shouts to Drizzy, shout to Wayne
Yezzy, Jeezy, Ricky, Fifty, Raekwon, Loso Gucci Mane
Im not going to drop my name
Sneak that message to the masses you can call me Chocolate Rain

You might think my wallet drained
Look how far my pocket hang
Thats cuz I got pocket change
My net worth is basketball
They net worth is soccer games
Tell them n****s stop it mane
But they cannot stop the mane
So, they forced to watch it drain
They be looking so blue like water when I wash my jeans

- Lupe Fiasco – Yoga Flame (Enemy of the State Mixtape)

What do you get out of this? (:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Anybody listened to Wale's "Attention Deficit" yet? I'm thinkin I wanna pick it up soon, I've heard the previews on iTunes and I like what I hear so far...

Also that Lupe verse above me is hottttt. Can't believe dude really just made a line about chocolate rain lol

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I can't believe he isn't top 10.

My top 5

1. Lupe
2. Cass
3. 50
4. Drake
5. Kanye

Everybody else I can't really put in any sort of order. This is my list from everything around this time last year to now. Lupe's new mixtape is "Fire" that track explains it all.

How do y'all feel about 50's new album, I like it. There is a few tracks that are weak but overall good record.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
How do y'all feel about 50's new album, I like it. There is a few tracks that are weak but overall good record.
Havent heard it yet. But people who have say its his best album since Get Rich Or Die Tryin...probably not sayin much since Massacre and Curtis were straight buttcheeks.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Anybody listened to Wale's "Attention Deficit" yet? I'm thinkin I wanna pick it up soon, I've heard the previews on iTunes and I like what I hear so far...

Also that Lupe verse above me is hottttt. Can't believe dude really just made a line about chocolate rain lol
Buy it, dude needs the sales, lol.

It's a hot album, I'm actually listening to it now. Really conceptual, and great production.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
sage francis and early eminem.
BEST MC'S EVER? lol

edit: i just noticed i put the only 2 white people on my ipod...

S l o X

Smash Champion
Got tired of 50 a while ago. I wish he still had his old, Patiently Waiting type lyrics. I like his mainstream songs (Baby by me) better than the rest of his album. Oh and I loved Psycho, one of the reasons I actually bought the album.

I think Lupe is really dumbing himself down tho. :/ Noooo Lupe! ):

oh and i love cudi

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Can't get into Lupe. I've tried. He just bores me, Idk, something's missing to me...

50 is the same old 50. Heard his CD, then got rid of it. He's stale, became that way a long time ago.

Been listening to Royce da 5'9'' and Termanology heavily. I honestly don't know how Royce isn't talked about more often.

Yeah my random thoughts done.

Oh... Kanye is mad over rated to me.

Someone mentioned Cassidy. Dude is ok with the punchlines but he never shows growth, all that gun talk gets extremely repetitive and monotonous. Nothing he drops catches my attention....can't remember the last thing I heard from him.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I actually have not heard Fiddy's new album. I'll cop it soon.

My favorite Artists right now, and albums i'm listening to are:

Nas - Illmatic, Stillmatic, ******
Jay Z - Reasonable doubt, Blueprint 3

Artists I have newfound respect for:

Cudi
Chip the Rip

Artists I have lost respect for:

Kanye
Drake
Wayne (never liked him, his older stuff is alright at best)

I need to bring up some other guys like U-God. Dopium, that is all.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I can't believe he isn't top 10.

My top 5

1. Lupe
2. Cass
3. 50
4. Drake
5. Kanye

Everybody else I can't really put in any sort of order. This is my list from everything around this time last year to now. Lupe's new mixtape is "Fire" that track explains it all.

How are Lupe and Kanye on the same list. Kanye stopped trying like 2 years ago. lol

@ayaz: isn't it a little to early to lose respect for Drake? He's not that bad on his non-pop songs.

@n9ne: I KNOW! Jay could have been a legend if he stopped at the black album!

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Now listening to Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. 2 yes i know i'm like 2 months late. Only on track 5 right now, Cold Outside ft. Ghostface, and i already feel like this is album of the year...no, album of the f**kin DECADE material. This is what 8 Diagrams should have been...

Top Bottom