• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
i just watched the BET cyphers, and mos, em, and joey murdered that ****! black thought and nicki minaj were dope also, but buckshot and crown royyal sucked haha
Joey>>>Eminem>Black Thought

All of em murdered it. Disappointed at Wale though...Saw him live today at a Jay Z concert. Was epic.

my day in 25 words.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Joey and Black Thought held it down.

Em was on point. 1st listen the flow was bananas, but second listen too much talk about genitalia and killing koalas and mauling chihuahuas.

AssaultFalcon

Smash Cadet
This cypher was alright. I think Nicky Minaj is too animated when she raps, but thats just me, that whole first cypher was alright, That second one was tight tho, Em keeps a good rhythm but i think he's lost those crazy ideas he used to have, he's just like a softcore bizzare now, but he said somethin sick about osama,obama, dali llama, that was cool, i thought KRS-1 was gonna be in a cypher, i might've missed it but thats what i was waiting 4. But It was an alright awards show, Too much Gucci Mane Though.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
i always thought papoose was a good rapper, but i just listened to alphabetical slaughter and i was blown away! I showed it to some of my friends and its the talk of the school now! props to him.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
meh, Papoose gets tedious pretty quick.

Should have dropped his album, he fell off.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
By Weezy, Tom?

If this is what you're referring to, It's good to see weezy doing what he does best. Rapping. No more of this auto tune, or poppy *** rap **** he was doin for the last 3 years. Back to Drought 3, Dedication 2 like ****.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yo, have any of you guys heard of M-Fam?

They're from my block.

Check out the "24-Lane" freestyle on YouTube. YoungiN' kills it.

/endbias

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Just to mention J. Cole.

Keep your eyes and ears on him.
Amazing how many dudes don't know about him. He came onstage at that Jay-Z concert and only a few people knew the words to Young Simba.

Instantly J.Cole fanned me when I first heard it.

Jane

Smash Hero
^ that wale track was pretty dope.

but anyways, bone thugs n harmony was amazing yall. it was the first time ever in my city that all 5 of them came together, and let me tell you it was amazing. wish, bizzy, and layzie were really live. it was worth every penny and even worth the long *** wait through BS artists to see them haha.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Which Wu-Tang songs should I get?

I just realized I had no Wu-Tang Clan (the whole group) songs on my iPod. So which ones (~5 songs) should I get? I'm definitely getting Cream, and probably Protect Ya Neck. Possibly Life Changes (just happen to like that one), possibly Triumph.

Jane

Smash Hero
UP FROM THE 36 CHAMBERRSSSS!!!

wu tang killa beez, we on a swarm!

just get that whole album. a few songs isn't enough.

Oracle

Smash Master
MF Doom is possibly my favorite rapper ever. Tech N9ne comes in second, but it's hard to compare them because their styles are so different.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Disclaimer: what I am about to say in no way makes the music by MF DOOM any more or less valid, and better or any worse. this is a statement on him as a person, not him as an artist. I'd also like to add that Madvillany is the perfect hip-hop album in my eyes, and I love King Ghedorah and DANGERDOOM

MF DOOM is ****ing douche bag. Since 2007 nearly everyone of his shows has contained a man in a mask lip syncing to a CDR.
Madvillany 2 has been done for a long time on Madlib's part, DOOM hasn't even begun his rap work.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Finally got around to properly listening to The Salvation (at least most of it) by Skyzoo.

Really enjoying it. Has that old school feel to it.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
UP FROM THE 36 CHAMBERRSSSS!!!

wu tang killa beez, we on a swarm!

just get that whole album. a few songs isn't enough.
Unfortunately, as a 15 year old, I don't make a consistent salary during the school year, and I have to buy my own songs. So, there's a pretty low cap on what I can buy.

Wait, I thought he was joking at first but there weren't any real punchlines so now I'm kinda confused as to whether he's joking or not.

Also, Madvillainy is awesome! My favorite song is Accordian. Anyway, yes MF Doom may be a douche but so are at least half of all other rappers, the prime example of course being Kanye.

Anyone here like Atmosphere? My personal favorite is Always Coming Back Home To You. Yeah, I like both the first and the hidden track, but the first one is my favorite.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Anyone a fan of Jay Electronica?

Been introduced to his music, but just can't get into it. The people who introduced me to his music act like he's a God.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Anyone a fan of Jay Electronica?

Been introduced to his music, but just can't get into it. The people who introduced me to his music act like he's a God.
Heard of him, but never sat down and listened to his music. Not really interested.

Who bought Attention Deficit? If you DL'd it, I can no longer be associated with you...:laugh:

But no really.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Everybody, you know what real hip hop is if you can listen to "Dumb it Down" Lupe Fiasco and understand it's meaning. If not, then your probably one of those people who listens to anything that has to do with lil wayne.

Also if anybody knows about Michael Young History, you know Lupe Fiasco is the best out.

BISD by 50 Cent is his darkest album not as good as his first though. Better than the rest.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Who bought Attention Deficit? If you DL'd it, I can no longer be associated with you...:laugh:

But no really.
Haven't heard it yet apart from the J Cole track. How is it? Heard good things.

From what I've heard of Wale, still not that sure about him.

Just to mention again that Skyzoo album is crack.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Eh... I'm a bit disappointed by attention deficit. I just can't get into Wale's beats or rapping style. Solid lyrics, but I just don't end up enjoying it that much. Beautiful Bliss (aka the J. Cole one) is the best track in my opinion.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Unfortunately, as a 15 year old, I don't make a consistent salary during the school year, and I have to buy my own songs. So, there's a pretty low cap on what I can buy.
If any specific Wu-Tang song, Triumph is a must. Check out the music video too.

Top Bottom