• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
Gave it a more in depth listen and, THIS IS GREAT. I say 2nd best Eminem album ever, just below MMLP, just above TES. If it ad better beats by Dre and more Choruses by Em.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Em's verse on No love >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other verse on this album or Relapse.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
No love is pretty dope. Just wish lil wayne didn't ad-lib during eminem's verse.

hmmm.....i actually like the album so far. really wish he didn't try to sing every chorus. the lyrics are dope but some lines are ehhh.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lmao, he has a bunch of corny punchlines in there, but most of them are hot.

I overall like this album. About up there with Eminem Show for me right now. Would be better if he switched up the flow every so often, lol.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Anyone who downloads it, please support him and buy the album when it comes out, don't be a bum...

im gonna buy more than one copy probably.

1 for the car

1 for my room

1 for the living room

1 for anything else
Agreed, I only downloaded it because I wanted to listen. I'd planned to buy it since i heard about it.

Meh, I wish it was still like old times where you had to buy the album the listen to it first or something. Internet steady corrupting society.
Agreed again.

I just skipped the track "No Love" cause it has wayne on it.

That's how much i hate wayne.
AGREED. lil wayne=terrible.

I forget what song it was that said he was about to diss Lil Wayne, but decided not to.
Well he should have.

No, less Dre is better.

I'm pretty sure this isn't fully mixed and mastered. It sounds really weird and awkward at points.

Wayne's verse on that What is Love song is horrible. Horrrrrrible.

Overall, this is the best thing since Eminem Show but that is not saying a whole lot. I don't think Em will ever be back at his SS/MMLP status again just because he doesn't have so much material to work with like he did for MMLP. He was the center of everyone's attention back then and was causing so much controversy, it was fuel for his lyrics. Now, every song is about how he was addicted to pills, his daughter, his wife, or maybe Proof. It's good, it's just not as exciting, imo. And his flow doesn't change up like it used to.
I agree... The production is good, but I like Dre's production a lot more.

Em's verse on No love >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other verse on this album or Relapse.
Listen to "Here We Go". And on Relapse, we had Deja Vu, Underground, Beautiful, etc.

No love is pretty dope. Just wish lil wayne didn't ad-lib during eminem's verse.

hmmm.....i actually like the album so far. really wish he didn't try to sing every chorus. the lyrics are dope but some lines are ehhh.
YEAH IM LIKE WTF IS WAYNE SAYING? STOP RUINING IT

Suspect

Smash Hero
"Stay Wide Awake" on Relapse would like to slap you in the face.

But i'll forgive you since you have a nice Mario. *goes to watch your vids*

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Quotable of Recovery

Fuck my last cd, that shit's in my trash - Em
I'm really relieved to see Em himself trash so much on Relapse. I didn't find it as horrible as most but it's really really weaksauce and I'm glad he didn't continue in that direction. Recovery is definitely his real comeback, even though Relapse got all that hype.

I'm really loving the beat/sample of Almost Famous. It reminds me of Halloween for some reason hahaha

edit: I just realized that there is basically no Shady on this album. It's all Em the whole time pretty much.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

Boofy!

Smash Champion
production credits for Recovery..
http://www.defsounds.com/articles/Eminem_recovery_back_cover_x_production_credits

Figures almost every song i really liked was done by Just Blaze haha

"Get ya brains blown out, that's what i call blowin ya mind when i come back like nut on ur spine. I'm the thumbtack that u slept on son, now here i come screamin attack (a tack) like i just stepped on one!" - Almost Famous

"ya'll are eminem backwards, ur meni me's"

- Almost Famous

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i might buy it later....so far, aside from Distant Relatives, i've been disappointed with every album that's come out this year.

just heard lloyd banks new single with lloyd......not impressed.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I have to agree with nucca...

...Em and Proof callin' each other Doody should've been kept private...

It's a little weird.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
hmmmm what's the best way without coming off as a hater....

1. i'm not really into the whole rapper/singer thing.
2. the album had too many guest appearances. 8/12 tracks is too much.
3. lyrics = lightweight
4. it's really really pop-like to me.
5. it's diverse in sound but not really exciting....kind of a "jack of all trades, master of none" thing going on.

and don't write this off as hating -__-. just telling you why i didn't like it.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
:laugh:

actually yeah. once i got used to the choruses, i found it pretty dope. i can actually listen through the whole cd without skipping now. On Fire and WTP are weak though...

my top three from the album so far:
25 to Life
Going Through Changes
Space Bound, though that chorus still irritates me.

aye jane, you got a thing with dogs? *looks at avatar*

soap

Smash Hero
blu, what's your top three off distant relatives?

haven't heard recovery yet. waiting till im in an eminem mood

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
top three would have to beeee......Friends, Patience, and Nah Mean, though Nas' second verse on Strong Will Continue is straight beast lol. that would be my third but it's a long track. you?

soap

Smash Hero
nah mean is definitely my favorite track so far.

africa must wake up I like the instrumentals and the chorus.

I like my generation too although the chorus is admittedly corny and slightly annoying. I really like wayne's verse for some reason.

still gotta listen to the album properly. listened to it straight through once while working out. I only really listen to instrumentals when working out.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
wayne actually does a pretty good job on the track. most relevant verse i've ever heard him spit :laugh:. it's really just the chorus that makes me skip the song, though. i feel like i should be saying the pledge of allegiance when i listen to it.

though i consider the album a classic, it's more of a 'sit down and listen' classic than an everyday listen.

Linguini

Smash Master
My 3 favorites off DR are probably Patience, Friends,and Ancient People(bonus track). Just like you Blu, I think My Generation is still good but the chorus was pretty terrible. Wan't really feeling Nah Mean though. damian's repetition of the phrase got annoying after the 1st verse haha.

Recovery...... def. a different sound from what I was expecting. I would place it better than Relapse and Encore, but not quite better than The Eminem Show. The lack of Dre produced cuts was pretty disappointing.

I'm working on a pretty intense electronic sounding hip-hop beat atm and am almost finished with it since ive had so much time on my hands(drugged up on vicodin since I got my wisdom teeth out yest.lol). I'll post it up tomorrow. This is probably the most solid beat ive made thus far(out of 15 or so).

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
@Linguini: cool. you should post all the ones you've made thus far. the other ones were pretty good.

@N9NE: hmmm may have to actually download TML if that's the case. i need something to hold me over until more albums come out.

Top Bottom