• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
Am I the only one that can't stand pitbull nowadays? Like when his **** comes on in the club I'll go get some air outside.

I used to dig that that Culo jam back in the day, but he has just gotten so unbelievably corny since then.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Am I the only one that can't stand pitbull nowadays? Like when his **** comes on in the club I'll go get some air outside.

I used to dig that that Culo jam back in the day, but he has just gotten so unbelievably corny since then.
yeah right picture that with a kodak

Jane

Smash Hero
wow, so skinny and young. Its cool to see so many people say how this video inspires them in the comments.

What other combo rapper/producer dudes are on kanyes tier? Only cole comes to mind for me. Who else is there?

soap

Smash Hero
u can argue dre, but I don't think he is half the rapper kanye is

Black Milk outta detroit has his own kinda production/rapping style, but it's got more of that dusty underground feel

I heard Krit entirely produced Return of 4eva by himself. That project is a classic to me.

Even Blu self produced all of herfavouritecolour, as well as a couple other projects (Open, a project with Sene)

There is Childish Gambino

In the end Kanye is the most iconic producer/rapper. Back in 04' I didn't even know he was a producer when I listened to College Dropout the first time. There really is none of that stigma with him like oh he's just a producer trying to rap. He can more than hold his own on the mic.

Like Exile, For example, last year produced a project that he rapped over by himself. He doesn't sound like a polished rapper at all. Some dope tracks on there, more in part to his sick chopping, but for the most part it just sounds like he's ****ing around.

Cole still on the come up. He is movin real slow tho. Kanye already Dropped Out, Registered Late, and Graduated in the time it took Cole to tell his Sideline Story.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Ever think how long some of us have been in this community? I've been here 5 years, and I think thats long as fugg, then I see people like LT and realize that the towers were up when he joined this site. He's been on this site longer than alot of members have been alive. OG lol

#maryjanethought

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Ever think how long some of us have been in this community? I've been here 5 years, and I think thats long as fugg, then I see people like LT and realize that the towers were up when he joined this site. He's been on this site longer than alot of members have been alive. OG lol

#maryjanethought
Kinda freaks me out when I think about it!

and yea I remember the initial "A plane hit one of the WTC towers" thread that day. I was sick that day and spent the whole day on swf and other forums reading about it from people who were in NYC. What a bizarre memory

Jane

Smash Hero
I was in 5th grade and didn't really use the internet yet, but I did stay home that day. Bizarre is a good word for it; it was definitely a world-changing event.

soap

Smash Hero
I was in 8th grade. I remember riding my bike home being so tripped out thinking about it I fell off into some mean *** bushes.

Saw Schoolboy Q / Ab-Soul tonite. Delightfully hype and refreshing. I fux with Soul more, but Q is a funny dude.

"ayyo wasup with u man? o security took your weed? on the count of 3 lemme get a bull****. 1, 2, 3

BULLL****TT

I'm really down with security tho. Cuz they gonna help me when y'all rush my ***.

I'm just playin..

lowkey I'm not tho."

soap

Smash Hero
Trying to pick the worst kanye album is like trying to pick the ugliest supermodel.
Never even listened to all of 808's yet

so I don't wanna call it bad

but I still don't have the inspiration to

where have I heard that barry white sample before?? ahh this will bother me

I think it's a Nas track

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
speaking of Kanye, I'm listening to Slow Jamz. does anyone happen to know who is singing the "Sly and the family stone...let's get the party goin" bit near the end of the song? Is that still Jamie Foxx? For some reason it sounds like Ye...only much better than he normally sings lol

Jane

Smash Hero

-Mars-

Smash Hero
808's is pretty terrible IMO.

Dark Twisted Fantasy is amazing though. Probably my Favorite Kanye album.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
well yeah, no duh it's all opinion, but there is a certain objective measure of quality to any piece of art. and regardless of how much you personally like or don't like 808s, you should at least appreciate the bravery of the style, the sincerity of the emotions behind it, and the quality of the production and mastering. Kanye always has good production, but nothing kicks quite as hard as the bass drums in 808s.

basically what I'm saying is that even though you might hate every song on 808s, it still deserves respect because it is such a unique pop album and represents some of Kanye's most adventurous and experimental material ever.

I mean, you don't HAVE to appreciate it, but if you don't then I'm going to continue to think that you don't know anything about music :p

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol. stop it bro you're killing me. Bravery of the style? Sincerity of the emotions?

This album came out at a time when T-Payne, Lil Wayne, and a lot of other "hip-hop" artists were auto-tuning their voice on every song and getting a ton of radioplay with catchy hooks and no substance to their music. This is simply Kanye cashing in on that trend, not hating on the dood go ahead and do your thing just calling it for what it is.

Go ahead and think I don't know anything about music while you call bad albums like 808's "pieces of art".:p

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Lol. stop it bro you're killing me. Bravery of the style? Sincerity of the emotions?

This album came out at a time when T-Payne, Lil Wayne, and a lot of other "hip-hop" artists were auto-tuning their voice on every song and getting a ton of radioplay with catchy hooks and no substance to their music. This is simply Kanye cashing in on that trend, not hating on the dood go ahead and do your thing just calling it for what it is.

Go ahead and think I don't know anything about music while you call bad albums like 808's "pieces of art".:p
Dunno if you're just trolling now. How are the two even comparable? It came out around a time when his mother died.

No substance?

Top Bottom