• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

LLDL

Smash Hero
^more people need to sample queen. crazy little spit by twista too, even if i didnt understand a word of it.
There aren't any lyrics from this song yet, but just from listening I'm pretty sure he says:

"kind of articulate when i be giving the venomous rhythm, i finna put em off in a predicament that be cannibalism and ima devour"

Not completely sure though, he's pretty fast

Jane

Smash Hero
there was some lyrics i wanted to post in here but i cant remember wtf they were (a rapper's, not my own). so instead i'll just share some of pusha t's from so appalled...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztZETJ4SaQ#t=3m50s

I speak the gospel, hostile
Tony doing time for what he did to nostrils
Paranoid mind, I'm still under the watchful
Eye of the law, aspire for more

^beautiful transition with the pause in the middle of "i'm still under the watchful eye of the law". makes a verse meld and of course flow together much more nicely.

Jane

Smash Hero
so i totally have a song to add to my favorite hip hop songs of all time

(the previously stated ones [in no particular order])
immortal technique - dance with the devil
kanye west - through the wire
jay-z - girls girls girls

and the new one,
binary star - glen close
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HkWnQT1B-U

beautiful storytelling mixed with really nice wordplay.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Mad late but Drunken Hot girls track by Kanye is one of the most laziest raps i've ever heard, plus it sounds like something that would be on a r-rated disney movie sing-a-long

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
They can be corny sometimes, yea lol. Sometimes they're on point though. Enough for me to respect the movement.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The I dont like remix came out the other day. **** was okay I guess. Yound Chop is threatening to sue Kanye because he slighting made changes to his beat. Thats kinda absurd.

:phone:

Boofy!

Smash Champion
His voice is one that can really benefit from computers. See Heartbeat for an example.

Otherwise he just sounds.. bad. Can't really explain it. I do like the dude though.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
I know I asked before but I'm serious now. Could you guys tell me programs to record music, and/or link me to stuff to buy?

:phone:

rhan

Smash Hero
Yo guys.

Never ever ever

**** with the police.
Or military personnel.
Or a ***** with mace.

OC spray's pain is omfggggg! I wish that upon none of you guys.

I'd rather be shot.

The Ben

Smash Journeyman
So I'm pretty far removed from hip-hop culture and know next to nothing about it. What I do know is that I like Danny Brown, Death Grips, Shabazz Palaces, and Outkast. What draws me to them is more the beats than the lyrics, though flow definitely helps. Any recommendations? I'm especially looking for something that has a more violent and glitchy sound like Death Grips, they're like the hip-hop version of Coil and that is awesome.

soap

Smash Hero
So I'm pretty far removed from hip-hop culture and know next to nothing about it. What I do know is that I like Danny Brown, Death Grips, Shabazz Palaces, and Outkast. What draws me to them is more the beats than the lyrics, though flow definitely helps. Any recommendations? I'm especially looking for something that has a more violent and glitchy sound like Death Grips, they're like the hip-hop version of Coil and that is awesome.
Well I like Outkast. I've checked out all the other bands u listed at one time or another, and they do have interesting production, but the MC's just flat out do not impress me.

If you are looking for some more glitchy production, try out Flying Lotus, Daedalus, Tokimonsta (instrumental only)

you might even like Exile. His production is very crisp yet experimental at the same time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyrl6Zd46ik&ob=av2n

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Death Grips is very unique to hip hop. I'd say they are a little more influenced by hardcore punk and hardstyle electronica than traditional hip hop. They are brilliant, but I can't really think of any artist that sounds like them.

Can't recommend Flying Lotus enough, along with all the other people on his label. Cosmogramma is a new age classic.

http://youtu.be/axir3wQuYBQ

edit:

new Kanye video for "Lost in the World"

http://youtu.be/2LDoJoRM260

I am in ****ing love with this video.

rhan

Smash Hero
you can't just say something like that and not tell us the story behind it!!!
Well I'm enlisted in the Navy. So one of the courses we have to do is like a security defense force and I pretty much had to go through a course like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmJuMStuhC4

This **** is no ****ing joke. The pain feels soooooooooo soooooo sooo bad.. I didnt open my eyes for 40 minutes. My face felt like it was on fire then someone peeing on my face to put me out.. then they'd set me on fire again.

I had to fight that guy at the end but this guy we had to go up against didn't hold back. Got me in the jaw and gut.

Walked off like a real b.itch.

But I never have to go through it ever again in my life.

The Ben

Smash Journeyman
I'm digging Flying Lotus, not quite what I was expecting but the huge spacey sounds are immense. Very trippy.

Top Bottom