• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Lil B has to be the biggest troll.
I like how the dude does a straight nonstop verse for 2 and a half minute, ruminating on societal issues, class warfare and his own misery, nearly crying on the track, and then the only thing people can say is "lol basedgod, what a troll" because the intro/outro adlibs are humorous. he's one of the most misunderstood artists in music and people prove again and again that they don't ever actually listen to him. that's the real "biggest fail to music" in my eyes.

soap

Smash Hero
makes me want some sour patch kids. this a real commercial tho? how they chop it?

I like how the dude does a straight nonstop verse for 2 and a half minute, ruminating on societal issues, class warfare and his own misery, nearly crying on the track, and then the only thing people can say is "lol basedgod, what a troll" because the intro/outro adlibs are humorous. he's one of the most misunderstood artists in music and people prove again and again that they don't ever actually listen to him. that's the real "biggest fail to music" in my eyes.
First impressions are hard to get over. B kinda did that to himself by launching himself with Ellen Degeneres/Wonton soup. At first I thought that was just a gimmick, but he still does cooking songs. It is honestly just another side of his music that i think he genuinely enjoys making.

As an aside I hate most of his cooking songs. Most of them just don't feel very inspired. Same tired cadence and wack lyrics.

I can vibe with his other stuff tho. He's got an amazing ear for beats in general.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
makes me want some sour patch kids. this a real commercial tho? how they chop it?
I dunno? I never seen it on TV or anything just randomly caught it browsing youtube, then I checked out the game on PS3 and thought it was dope lol.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Hey guys, I'm modding this room now. Not much in here will change, but I'm definitely going to start infracting for posts like this:

friend of the people is amazing to listen to while youre high o.0
I know it might seem a bit stupid to you guys, but it's the rule. No drug discussion, etc. Other than that, I won't have a problem with the normal stuff in here as long as you all keep it under control, k?

Now that that's out of the way, I love me some Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
^ You do realize how big weed is a big part of hip hop culture, right? A plant.. that causes less deaths than peanuts and serves as a remedy in the human body for many issues.. lol

And I finally resurrected my library, I found the SharePod program after being lazy for a while.. I copied all my songs from my iPod onto my computer with it and into my iTunes library, if you have a Tune Up app then you should be fine to clean up some of your artwork that might be missing but that's my only complaint. Other than that it completely saved my library, although I been using CopyTrans and didn't need iTunes technically but my songs don't sound as good because it doesn't keep the EQ presets on it so yeah.. needed iTunes for better sound ;\ So I'm back to listening to stuff again.

I'm starting right now with Hodgy Beats Untitled EP that dropped in like February. I definitely recommend the EP, it's like 23 minutes (even shorter than Enemy of the State...) But definitely worth checking out. Dude can spit and has some of those soul type beats on there that I've been missing. Also the artwork for it is absolutely funny as hell, but if I post it here I might get an infraction or something.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
@MBlaze: Sure, I understand that, but it's the rule. I honestly wouldn't care, personally, but it isn't my choice.

But hey, just don't talk about drug use, and it'll be fine. It's not like I'm gonna dig through the thread and infract all the old stuff, haha.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
My top 5 instrumentals

1. Kendrick lamar- A.D.H.D
2. Souls of mischief- 93 till infinity
3. Jay-Z- Dead Presidents
4. Kendrick lamar- Cartoons and Cereal
5. Kanye west- Diamonds

Hey I got 3000 post counts :D

soap

Smash Hero
My top 5 instrumentals

1. Kendrick lamar- A.D.H.D
2. Souls of mischief- 93 till infinity
3. Jay-Z- Dead Presidents
4. Kendrick lamar- Cartoons and Cereal
5. Kanye west- Diamonds

Hey I got 3000 post counts :D
I don't even know where I would begin to make this list.

Dead Presidents may be on there tho.

Was just thinking today, I think I may like J. Cole's first Dead Presidents verses over the ones on the warm up.

Top Bottom