• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
why do people claim nas is the goat when hes not even one of their favorites?

and i believe andre 3k to be in the top 10 easily...

edit- yo prince EA went innn goddamn!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
why do people claim nas is the goat when hes not even one of their favorites?

and i believe andre 3k to be in the top 10 easily...

edit- yo prince EA went innn goddamn!
Seriously. "Some guy I don't listen to or even like is the best rapper ever" seems so disingenuous and insincere to me.

(and I would say Big Boi>Andre personally)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Big Boi is way better than 3 stacks. He's still living off past glory while droppin a guest verse like once every 2 years while big boi is still tryna put out music. until he drops a solo album, he'll never be better in my eyes.

Alby, go listen to nas. like, right now. don't delay this ****.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
they aren't bull**** reasons -___-. you can't be better than your partner just cuz. i swear, plenty of people rank dre high but can't quote anyyyy of his verse. kinda the same with tupac, really (though not in a duo, of course).

T3h Albino

Smash Master
That was disrespectful actually, I apologize. It's not that I don't like nas, I'm simply not as into him as many in this thread. On my list of personal favorites? He's in my top 20. On my list of most talented? He's in my top 3 (Rakim, Nas, Black Thought/3stacks).

Who says I can't acknowledge someone's greatness without them being my personal favorite? That's silly.

Jane

Smash Hero
they aren't bull**** reasons -___-. you can't be better than your partner just cuz. i swear, plenty of people rank dre high but can't quote anyyyy of his verse. kinda the same with tupac, really (though not in a duo, of course).
hes not thought to be better just cuz. hes thought to be better because overall he has more complex, subject heavy rhymes. and having a flow that changes mid-verse with ease.

"until he drops a solo album, he'll never be better"

you dont think thats a bull**** reason? haha. and hes not "living off of past glory". what makes you say that?

Jane

Smash Hero
That's similar to how most feel about HBox in smash. He's def top 3 in the world but some people don't personally like the way he plays.
eh, thats different. smash is a game where there are clear winners. hiphop is an interpretive art where not all people come to agreements.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
hes not thought to be better just cuz. hes thought to be better because overall he has more complex, subject heavy rhymes. and having a flow that changes mid-verse with ease.

"until he drops a solo album, he'll never be better"

you dont think thats a bull**** reason? haha. and hes not "living off of past glory". what makes you say that?
it's not a bull**** reason because i think they'd be ranked closer to one another than most people actually say. i give big boi an edge because he's actually dropped a solo rap album (2 if you count speakerboxx). he isn't necessarily living off past glory but he's got to be one of the most underachieving solo artists i've ever seen. people are begging for a solo rap album from him and he just won't put one out lol. but big boi said dre is supposed to be dropping an album sometime soon so maybe that'll change. and i only say just cuz because no one i know ever quotes any his verses when ranking him in a top ten.

soap

Smash Hero
That was disrespectful actually, I apologize. It's not that I don't like nas, I'm simply not as into him as many in this thread. On my list of personal favorites? He's in my top 20. On my list of most talented? He's in my top 3 (Rakim, Nas, Black Thought/3stacks).

Who says I can't acknowledge someone's greatness without them being my personal favorite? That's silly.
There is a difference between being "not my favorite" and "I don't even like."

But I swear, didn't u do a cover of "nas is like"? lol

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Well, you can acknowledge someone's technical skill, musicianship or lyrical content but don't forget that "great" is also subjective. If a musician doesn't move you more than another musician, is he really the GOAT? To me, that's what it comes down to more than anything -personal emotional reaction.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
YOU KNOW WHAT!?!?!?!?!
SCREW YOU GUYS, i'M GOING HOME....

@Luigi- I wouldn't let my personal standpoint on how an artist moves me above how raw their skill is. I suppose our views on the criteria of a G.O.A.T are different. Albeit, Nas has inspired me a decent amount.
Idk maybe I was just being a hater earlier, I still stand by my point that he's the goat. Not my favorite~

soap

Smash Hero
I don't think I've ever been more excited for South Park. I just caught up on years of missed episodes these past couple months.

rhan

Smash Hero
I must be the only one here that doesn't like South Park..

Hmmmmm...
Maybe I should just gooooooo...

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
My friend told me he doesn't like South Park because it isn't funny anymore. I promptly left his house and went home.

:phone:

Top Bottom