• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Niko45

Smash Master
I don't find Dre predictable at all he's probably the most versatile along with Kanye to be honest. He does it all.

Eminem did NOT produce Stan. The 45 King produced that and that's one of the best beats ever imo.

Eminem as a producer is not very good imo. So many of his beats have that annoying buzzing sound going on and they're often really boring (The Cross). He's had some decent stuff but he's got so many garbage beats as well.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I don't find Dre predictable at all he's probably the most versatile along with Kanye to be honest. He does it all.
He's not predictable (nor is Em), but once you hear the beat you know it's Dre.

Eminem did NOT produce Stan. The 45 King produced that and that's one of the best beats ever imo.
Em co-produced it.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_(song)

Eminem as a producer is not very good imo. So many of his beats have that annoying buzzing sound going on and they're often really boring (The Cross). He's had some decent stuff but he's got so many garbage beats as well.
1. EVERY producer has some garbage beats.

2. His best beats are far better than decent. He co-produced Stan, which, after all, you said yourself was one of the best beats ever. He also produced or co-produced great beats such as the ones on Renegade, Without Me, Till I Collapse, Lose Yourself, etc.

For a full list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminem_production_discography

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
What the **** man.

Also, Em is WAY overratted now. His old stuff(before relapse) is way better than much of his new stuff, though Relapse and Recovery both had really good songs (3AM, Elevator, Underground, Insane, Won't back down) they both had pretty week stuff too(We made you, no love, love the way you lie)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion

2. His best beats are far better than decent. He co-produced Stan, which, after all, you said yourself was one of the best beats ever. He also produced or co-produced great beats such as the ones on Renegade, Without Me, Till I Collapse, Lose Yourself, etc.

it seems like all his best beats only work for him. everyone else he's produced for, those songs weren't exactly standouts. he has a couple like Til The End by Lloyd Banks and Welcome To Detroit by Trick Trick but overall, i don't see his productions as very versatile.

Niko45

Smash Master
This is the first I'm hearing that Eminem co-produced it. I don't trust wikipedia. 45 King has always been praised for that track. The beat sounds nothing like Eminem production anyway, I can't give him credit for that. Even if he is officially credited for co-production, I highly doubt he actually produced the beat. He probably added the sound effects in the song or something.

Nah every producer doesn't have GARBAGE beats. I'm talking bad. Unlistenable. Not just like boring or something. Eminem has a lot of those...

Em's had his moments though. Like I said I'm giving him no credit for Stan. Co-production doesn't count anyway. Til I Collapse is dope tho. Renegade is dope. At a point Eminem's production fell off hard and was just like pure synth with buzzing noises for beats. Wack.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've always liked that beat.

DOPE beat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCU-qgR_4bM

Classic (DJ Premier Remix) by Kanye West, Nas, KRS One, and Rakim
love it.

good lyrics....i still don't like that beat.
how could you not o.o

1. RZA
2. Kanye
3. RJD2
4. DJ Shadow
5. Dre
haha i forgot about RZA.

What the **** man.

Also, Em is WAY overratted now. His old stuff(before relapse) is way better than much of his new stuff, though Relapse and Recovery both had really good songs (3AM, Elevator, Underground, Insane, Won't back down) they both had pretty week stuff too(We made you, no love, love the way you lie)
agreed except recovery didnt have anything good, and wont back down had a hella wack beat.

it seems like all his best beats only work for him. everyone else he's produced for, those songs weren't exactly standouts. he has a couple like Til The End by Lloyd Banks and Welcome To Detroit by Trick Trick but overall, i don't see his productions as very versatile.
agreed, welcome to detroit was hella slapping lmao

Niko45

Smash Master
I thought No Love was pretty good, one of the better tracks on that album.

Recovery was really not bad skills wise its just kind of directionless. What is he talking about? He's like talking **** to anonymous people on half the tracks and then **** like Love the Way You Lie I just don't even get what that song is. Then a lot of the other stuff is just really depressing so its just not really fun to listen to at all. Em still has the skills, though, so hopefully he'll make better music in the future.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
idk. with eminem he just completely jacked other people's styles and didnt use his own.

plus hes had 3 bad albums in a row. i liked relapse sorta. underground, beautiful, and deja vu were so dope.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Recovery isn't bad at all, wtf :c No Love was good :L As was Seduction.

Basically, Eminem spent the whole album talking about how much better he is than other rappers.

And did you know that today is his birthday?

EDIT: I'mma start posting more C&H here to give people laughs as it relates to rap :3

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i wouldn't consider recovery bad...just disappointing. it was an okay album. way too much singing, his flow was just aggression + speed, had a lot of wack/corny lines and some of those songs were just straight ***.

soap

Smash Hero
I just started recently paying attention to producers this past year or so.....

my favorites

1.Premier - very simple infectious loops. Sick with the scratching, creates his own choruses. But mainly keeps it basic and it works. Produced most of my favorite Nas tracks.

2. Dre - Chronic 01 instrumentals are my ****ttt (anyone who releases an official instrumental album gets props from me. They are basically saying that the beats r good enough alone) Of course he has done so much for the game as well. Lost One beat is one of my faves as well

3. Hi-tek - just solid as ****. not much else to say.

4. Exile - Produced my favorite album. I've been digging up his old stuff with Aloe Blacc and it's pretty chill as well.

5. Nujabes - I just love him. Was instrumental (no pun intended) in producing the champloo soundtrack. his solo stuff is beast as well. Him and Pete Rock are my sleepy time music

that said, Pete Rock I can only listen to late at night when I am exhausted, or else it is just boring to me. He is very smooth, but i gotta be in the right mood. Same for Dilla. They have their shining moments, but they are either over-rated, or they are simply from a different era.

Fly-Lo on the come up

(tried listening to Madlib, doom, RZA, not feeling them so much. I did like 36 chambers)

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
No Love was "okay". I thought Eminem's verse was great, the song was just dissapointing. When you got a beat sampled from a 80's(i beleive) song, another rapper(i dont like lil wayne) and only ONE VERSE in your own song...It's just kinda a let down.

I liked it better when he was talking about killing his wife and writing songs about his daughter

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i don't think wayne did bad on that track, actually. the beat was...weird for em. after all that complaining about pop music, he raps over a sampled 80's pop song by haddaway...

maybe it's just him maturing as an artist, possibly?

Niko45

Smash Master
Yea Wayne was fine on No Love. Both had good verses.

As a huge Eminem fan, things could be much worse. Recovery was a huge step up from Relapse. I didn't expect much from Recovery and considering how long Eminem was on hiatus, he definitely hasn't fallen off as hard as some people inexplicably have (50 Cent?). I was just hoping for some improvement from Em, and that's what we got I think. Hopefully he'll continue to step it up in the future.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I don't get why people say 50 Cent fell off. IMO he only has 1 bad album.

We all know Get Rich or Die Tryin' is a great album.

But, nobody ever says The Massacre is trash. So I assume it's really good, at least commercially it sounded really good when I was in 5th grade.

Curtis I only listened through once and didn't care for it except for "Straight to the Bank, I Get Money, Ayo Technology".

I also really liked Before I Self Destruct, it was 50 being 50 raw, uncensored plus he IMO outdid Em on Psycho and Em was mad crazy on it.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Recovery is way better than some of you are giving it credit for. No Love is okay, but I think Space Bound is the highlight of the album. And of course Not Afraid is good.

Recovery >>> Relapse
Recovery <= Encore (almost equal)

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I liked Recovery except for W.T.P. Horrible song. Everything else was pretty good. What some people just don't understand is that Em is no longer in his prime. Like seriously give him a break.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I liked Recovery except for W.T.P. Horrible song. Everything else was pretty good. What some people just don't understand is that Em is no longer in his prime. Like seriously give him a break.
Yeah.... I mean, look at other rappers not in their prime. Nas and Jay are still good, but look at Rakim, Run DMC, Ice T, 50 Cent, Lauryn Hill, Kurupt, etc. outside their prime. A lot of rappers drop off after a while.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I get what you guys are saying, but when your like me who worships the ground he walks on, thinking that since he's white and the best you could MAYBE make it...well it was a let down. He got clean, he got his act together...this was supposed to be his BEST.
Its just hard to see your hero fall, ya know?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I get what you guys are saying, but when your like me who worships the ground he walks on, thinking that since he's white and the best you could MAYBE make it...well it was a let down. He got clean, he got his act together...this was supposed to be his BEST.
Its just hard to see your hero fall, ya know?
lol.

anyways, Kanye tweeted his new album cover (banned in the US)

http://twitpic.com/2ykxjk

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm really interested in all the satanic and pagan and just overall non-Christian imagery Kanye's got going on in his recent lyrics and artwork. It's an interesting dynamic considering it's the same guy that made Jesus Walks

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I'm really interested in all the satanic and pagan and just overall non-Christian imagery Kanye's got going on in his recent lyrics and artwork. It's an interesting dynamic considering it's the same guy that made Jesus Walks
The irony of it all.

Honestly, once his mom died, he kinda lost his mind. Like I literally think Kanye West is crazy.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
True. Then again there's a boatload of rappers who claim to be Christian and then turn around and make a track about murdering, ******, and getting stoned.

The irony of it all.

Honestly, once his mom died, he kinda lost his mind. Like I literally think Kanye West is crazy.
Uh, I wouldn't go that far...

Suspect

Smash Hero
He stopped believing in God once his mom died, his logic is "If there is a God, why did he let his mom die"

or

Illuminati

Take your pick.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Literally or figuratively? Edit: He really died? Haven't listened to a song by him ever but RIP.

Kanye lost it a long time ago.

How many times you guys going to discuss Recovery/Relapse/Refill? Lol literally the same posts every five to ten pages.

New Joe! Called No Idea! Not listening though. I've heard it's one of the best songs on MM4! Let me know how it is!

Torae is dope.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Literally or figuratively?

Kanye lost it a long time ago.

How many times you guys going to discuss Recovery/Relapse/Refill? Lol literally the same posts every five to ten pages.

New Joe! Called No Idea! Not listening though. I've heard it's one of the best songs on MM4! Let me know how it is!

Torae is dope.

I mean truth be told, the car accident that almost ended him, subsequently kicked off his career and possibly made him a teeny bit cuckoo. I mean we've watch him progress into a loon as the years went by. His mom dying was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back. The dude went off the deep end after that.

Top Bottom