• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Literally or figuratively? Edit: He really died? Haven't listened to a song by him ever but RIP.

Kanye lost it a long time ago.

How many times you guys going to discuss Recovery/Relapse/Refill? Lol literally the same posts every five to ten pages.

New Joe! Called No Idea! Not listening though. I've heard it's one of the best songs on MM4! Let me know how it is!

Torae is dope.
About as many times as you're going to talk about Joe Budden I suppose

:p

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Literally or figuratively? Edit: He really died? Haven't listened to a song by him ever but RIP.
He's actually dead. RIP eyedea, though I'm not familiar with him either. Apparently he was found dead today by his mother, and the cause of death has yet to be released.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yo, we're doing a remix to I'm Beamin now that I heard We Beamin. This is gonna be dope. I'm gonna have some dope dudes on it. I already wrote my verse and I crashed that ****. I'm getting like 8 other guys on it. Truly gonna be something nice.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I walked in on some EM discussion and just closed the tab...
Then I see some kanyeezy discussion and I'm like ;D
Then I see it's about him being Illuminati/Devil Worshiper and I'm like <_<
That album cover is....not very appealing to the eyes. However if you analyze It does make some type of sense, albeit it may be a stretch.

soap

Smash Hero
i was just surprised that there was no cause of death stated. His mother just "found" him dead. At age 28.

Suicide is clearly what is going to jump to the front of everyones mind. But I'm sure it is very difficult for his family and they can deal with it how they see fit.

Wasn't a huge fan personally.

I'm missing my new Nujabes material the most. Been spamming Hydeout productions second collection like crazy.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
How many times you guys going to discuss Recovery/Relapse/Refill? Lol literally the same posts every five to ten pages.

New Joe! Called No Idea! Not listening though. I've heard it's one of the best songs on MM4! Let me know how it is!
About as many times as you're going to talk about Joe Budden I suppose

:p
Ether...and the smiley face to put the nail in the coffin...

lol, but srsly. You want a new subject?

The guy who raps on all of Knuckle's Sonic Adventure 2 stages > Anybody in Young Money...excluding Drake and Wayne.

After that BET cypher, I'm convinced Tyga's a steaming pile of ****.

Edit: Inb4we-already-discussed-the-cypher

Jane

Smash Hero
**** THAT, IT IS TIME TO DISCUSS THE CYPHERS................

in the morning. its way past my bed time ;_; curse you, college algebra at 7:40AM

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Any J-Live fans here?
MEEEE
hes such a dope lyricist.

Let's talk about someone relevant. Please and thank you.

So how about them Erykah Badus?
get ya head wrapped
like badu

Saw new Kanye album artwork btw, was lmao in the cafe..
lmao what did people think?

anyone here listen to Miri Ben-Ari?
one song, yeah.

lol boofy, you should really post links whenever you introduce a new artist
agreeed.

(shes a "Hip Hop Violinist")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfz1hJZPsxM

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Hey...sorry I aint got a link, but my cousins a rapper, and I wanna see what you guys think of him.
Keep in mind he's extremely political, and alot of his songs have to do w/ dat ****.

AkoostiK:As the world keeps spinning
and
Illuminati diss are good.
His channel is theogofguitar on youtube

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Interesting! Decent lyrics and flow, but the beats and delivery could use work. I like his focus on politics, but he should probably diversify a bit. Overall not too bad though.

Jane

Smash Hero
so im just gonna do kinda what alby did and just judge each part separately. but im also gonna go one step further and judge each rapper individually. ill also provide the links to each part.

BET Cypher Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqfs0vCgiDk

Wiz Khalifa - LOL wiz. everything he said in this verse, is all he ever says in EVERY SONG. every time. one of the worst 3 of the entire cypher. "decent" flow but thats literally all he had.
--------------------
Bones Brigante - haha, whats up with the freakin WWF belt he has? xD na but this dude was nice. they shoulda started with him. he reminds me of cassidy in his prime. punchlines were this guys forte.
--------------------
Yelawolf - right away i was impressed with yela, because of his quick delivery. then what continued impressing me was how slippery his flow was, he just changed it up like nothing and made it sound great.
--------------------
Raekwon - lol, i think going after yela hurt him, just because of the change in speed. it was alright. same ol rae. didnt "wow" me but didnt dissapoint either.
--------------------
OVERALL - part 1 was all about Bones and Yela. wiz was garbage and rae was average at best.

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7567OmN27bU

OMG - i enjoyed his verse overall. nothing really stood out, but the whole thing was well done. oh and he looks a helluva lot like his daddy. lol
--------------------
DoughBoy - meh, his brother was better. but he was alright. i liked the "and im still coming up like the islamic center" line.
--------------------
Ice Cube - ice cube definitely came hard. had that classic west coast flow to it, not too complex, but still sick. i was impressed.
--------------------
Diggy - he was pretty nice. "yeah im only 15 but my 16 strong" i liked that. he started it and ended it strong, the middle wasnt exactly memorable but it worked.
--------------------
Jo-Jo - i wish he would have spit longer, because i liked what i heard. it was just really short.
--------------------
Rev Run - WOW! flaaaameessss. rev run bodied that ****. that is all.
--------------------
OVERALL - i really enjoyed this one. the first time i watched it i didnt even realize those were ice cube's kids lol. i liked the fact that they had two OGs of the game, and two of their kids. they really showed the old dogs still got it and the youngins are ready to follow in their fathers footsteps.

Part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANMeVFyk5XQ

Busta Rhymes - goddammit busta why didnt you spit ;_;
--------------------
Reek Da Villain - his style is very similar to Bones imo. but i liked this dudes flow better. he did good.
--------------------
Zawcain - holy ****! a ****ing rapper from El Paso?!? i have a lot of family there, and fairly often visit El Paso, so its weird to me that a rapper with so much talent came from there. sweet. anyways, like i said, dude was nice. definitely need to check him out
--------------------
Mickey Factz - ehhhh. averageish. iduno i just wasnt impressed much.
--------------------
OVERALL - it was solid. mickey was the worst of the three and even then, he wasnt that bad. i was most impressed with zawcain.

Part 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnySHCAw5Vw

Kanye West - this ***** RAPPED AN INTRODUCTION! good **** ye.
--------------------
Pusha T - nice as always. unfortunately he gets a bit overshadowed by everyone else's dopeness lol
--------------------
Big Sean - gahhh so many hot lines! sean did GREAT! "me and three prom queens, my lifes prom night and guess whos the prom king" sean killed it.
--------------------
Cyhi The Prynce - this dude was maaaad nice. definitely gonna have to look him up. "and if you bite me its good for you like a vegetable" hahaha dude was sick.
--------------------
Common - see, THIS is one of the times where common shines. really nice from start to finish. he dun good.
--------------------
Kanye West - ahhhhhhhh. i want to say his was the best out of the whole cypher D: so good. ****.
--------------------
OVERALL - easily the best "part" of all the BET cypher parts. GOOD music showing why they are indeed GOOD music. loved every second of it.

Part 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YPC8B84aWY

Tyga - .......lol. "so you tatted up now you me. great job." uhhh, why do people think tyga is good again? xD wiz's main competition for worst spot haha. and theyre both skinny ***, tatted up *** *****s! lol
--------------------
Kuniva - i thought his verse was ****ty, but one of my friends quite enjoyed it so iduno. i thought it was forgettable though. "im drunk holding up the line at mickey Ds" uhh, alright kuniva. lol.
--------------------
Diamond - i actually thought she did good. i liked her flow, and she had some nice lines. "***** so tasteful, ***** so good make a ***** stay faithful" hahaha i liked it.
--------------------
Royce Da 5'9" - royce showing whos da veteran. he was easssily the best out of part 5. a great way to end it. im glad they didnt ruin the ending of the cypher like they did the beginning hah. i felt he could have done BETTER, but it was still good so i aint even trippin.
--------------------
OVERALL - im not gonna lie it was kinda weak. but i was impressed with diamond because i thought she would suck, and royce did his thing so it wasnt completely lost.

overall overall, i think the top 3 were (in no particular order) rev run, ye, and big sean. and the three worst were wiz, kuniva, and tyga. but there was lots of talent in there, lots of unexpected dopeness.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Lovin' the in-depth analysis there, Jane. ;)

Top 3: Big Sean, Rev Run, Rotce Da 5'9" (Honorable mention to Yelawolf)
Bottom 3: Tyga, Doughboy, Diamond (don't know what Jane liked about her...)

Best cypher: 4
Worst cypher: 5

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I just bought classic on itunes, DJ Premier's beat ****s all over the original made by Universal vice president or some ****...
Agreed. But actually, the original was produced by Rick Rubin, who is a very good producer. He just kinda ****ed up on that one, whereas Premier crafted a masterpiece.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Agreed. But actually, the original was produced by Rick Rubin, who is a very good producer. He just kinda ****ed up on that one, whereas Premier crafter a masterpiece.
No doubt a good producer to get to where he is but kinda ****ed up on that one??? :p Come on he completely ****ed that up...

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Whatever, you know what I meant.

And yeah, I still feel like EVERY producer has some completely garbage beats, and that was one of them for Rubin. If someone names me a producer, I'll be able to find a garbage beat (obviously IMO, I'm sure some people like beats I consider "garbage").

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Whatever, you know what I meant.

And yeah, I still feel like EVERY producer has some completely garbage beats, and that was one of them for Rubin. If someone names me a producer, I'll be able to find a garbage beat (obviously IMO, I'm sure some people like beats I consider "garbage").
Oh no I see your point and completely agree with you, I just want it to be known that it's pure knowledge that the beat was really really bad. Like bad enough I deleted it from my itunes and I paid for it. rofl

(It was $1.98 for both songs together)

I kept the DJ Premier one because they're both the same songs but DJ Premo's has a masterpiece beat and a verse from Rakim sooo :reverse:

EDIT: I'ma also leave this here. http://www.vladtv.com/blog/30670/bet-faces-negative-back-lash-to-their-top-10-emcees-list/

I wanna look at this more in between classes tomorrow because it gave me all types of lols, seriously funny embarrassing-*** list and even funnier comments.

Top Bottom