• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

$up@ N0v@

Smash Journeyman
lol @ kids ONLY listening to what the radio filters them.
nah he showed me some good stuff, but atmosphere isnt one of the best, and immortal is mad overrated.

oh and teenager too (for the record)

and @blu, internet sarcasm doesnt work
Well he was one of the lucky ones....
I never heard of atmosphere but Immortal is nice from what I've heard from them.

edit: oh, he also said that murs was better than common.........

:ohwell:
Well, I could see this and then not see this....Common is a lot of hit and miss so if they miss it then opinions like these spew.

Niko45

Smash Master
Immortal Technique is good but certainly not a top rapper. Mos Def can definitely flow but my gripe with him is more that his delivery is so garbled and slurred sometimes it's just like dude...clean that **** up...

Black Cloud is my shiiiiiit.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
That new Drake has been on repeat.

RnB Drake >>>>>>>> ''First name ever, last name greatest'' Drake

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
on the Kanye note, apparently his new album title is "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy"

and I didn't like the track so much at first but I think my new Ye track is Good Friday. I love the beat and especially love Cudi's part so much

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Cudi is mad nice on that new G.O.O.D friday joint, and Drake really should try and work his way into the RnB game. Not that he's not sick with his flow, but I'm really vibing to him on this RnB stuff xD

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Supposedly Corey signed to the Ginyu Force (yung money)
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Did anyone watch eminems new video no love. That movie reminds me of my freshman years at high school.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

So I'm in love with Christian Dior Denim Flow, YM Banger, and Black Cloud.....
The ending part of this year looking promising for rap.
Also I released a 16 a few days ago. It's the unmastered version of the song, so there are literally no edits, it's just me rapping over a beat with decent studio equipment lol.
Check it out if it's not too much to ask =]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHssZvypSJo
and if you like please sub....*This shameless promotion, I feel so bad lol*
http://www.youtube.com/user/DuhItsAlby?feature=mhum
Also, please tell me your honest opinion of what you think. I feel like I'm improving, but still got some work to do with my flow and wordplay but other than that I thought it was pretty good xD
Nice **** Alby. When we gonna collab though? Send me a beat you wanna do and we can body it.

I prefer his rap, tbh.
I really don't feel Drake. I like his 3 mixtapes. I don't care for TML

.Marik

is a social misfit
If anything, Drake is the overrated one. Definitely not Immortal Technique.

People here are smoking substances other than weed.

smh

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
^^^^^^^

Guys, I'm starting to think Lupe set up this whole "Don't release Lasers" thing for more hype. The fact that it's being mentioned by other artists is getting people more hyped up to by it during its first week out.

Hella smart thinking on Lupe's part.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
EDIT: TAKE THAT BACK^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You know I had a thought that it would turn out like this a long time ago but I figured I'm thinking too hard. But, the more and more I hear about LASERS and Lupe I do start to feel what you say.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I prefer Drake's RnB over Thank Me Later type of rap..

New song is fire btw, both J. Cole's and Drakes.

J. Coles bars and Drakes vocal skill seem to both only be getting stronger.

Jane

Smash Hero
i enjoy both rnb and rap drake. its just that sometimes he says some straight ******** ****. but whatevs

also, blu hasnt posted in nearly 25 posts, it must be a new record! lol

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Fireworks
The Resistance
Show Me a Good Time
Up all night (without nicki)

^^^

Keep those songs and redo TML as a solid hip hop album imo

If you want he RnB on there too Shut it down, Cece's Interlude and Find Your Love were all good.

Shoulda had 9AM In Dallas, Greatness and **** all as tracks :I Paris Moron Music shoulda been drakes lmao

T3h Albino

Smash Master
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nice **** Alby. When we gonna collab though? Send me a beat you wanna do and we can body it.

I really don't feel Drake. I like his 3 mixtapes. I don't care for TML
Alright, I have a few beats I've been wanting to do. I'll send you a few and we can work it out =]

Fireworks
The Resistance
Show Me a Good Time
Up all night (without nicki)

^^^

Keep those songs and redo TML as a solid hip hop album imo

If you want he RnB on there too Shut it down, Cece's Interlude and Find Your Love were all good.

Shoulda had 9AM In Dallas, Greatness and **** all as tracks :I Paris Moron Music shoulda been drakes lmao
I loveeeeee show me a good time. Best song on the album IMO.
TML was a surprisingly good album, I wasn't expecting it out of Drake.
I could've done without all the ****ty features though, but then again it's YM so it's to be expected I suppose lol.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Drake is really meh. The only reason people even care about him is because of the general lack of any mainstream talent since roughly 2003 (after Jay's Black Album). There's not much good competition. Kanye is the only current mainstream artist who I really think is going to be legendary. There are other good ones like Luda, but he's never gonna be amazing. Same with Drake. But I don't even think he'll ever reach the same level as Luda. He's really just ok.

Blu must have been kidnapped.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Nah TML wasn't that good lyrically.. lol

Drake is getting better though, idk what you sayin. He started droppin **** after his album that was better than what was on his album. You're forgetting he's still a growing artist.

soap

Smash Hero
room for improvement had that underground shoebox sound. I like voice and nickelus F too.

Come winter was 2 good

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
its aight

Well he was one of the lucky ones....
I never heard of atmosphere but Immortal is nice from what I've heard from them.

:ohwell:
Well, I could see this and then not see this....Common is a lot of hit and miss so if they miss it then opinions like these spew.
immortal is a good lyricist but hes like..... he says some hella dumb stuff.

eh, i agree. but come on. I Used to Love H.E.R? A Song For Assata? his discography is prety much dopeeee.

yeah lol, saying "murs > common" isnt exactly blasphemy hah
eh. murs is not even close to common in my opinion, but maybe cuz common is smoother and im a smooth person

Immortal Technique is good but certainly not a top rapper. Mos Def can definitely flow but my gripe with him is more that his delivery is so garbled and slurred sometimes it's just like dude...clean that **** up...

Black Cloud is my shiiiiiit.
i agree.
his delivery is just cuz of his lisp. i dont reallly mind it.

I prefer Good *** Job. <_<

The ****'s wrong with Kanye?

It was pretty weak to me, tbh.

i dislike the name also

why are drake and immortal being mentioned in the same sentence.
agreed

i enjoy both rnb and rap drake. its just that sometimes he says some straight ******** ****. but whatevs

also, blu hasnt posted in nearly 25 posts, it must be a new record! lol
r&b drake is better
and hes probably at the movies or something.
or on an airplane?

Jane

Smash Hero
oh my god you guys....

watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVx80aVxsm0&feature=player_embedded&has_verified=1

**** Slang
A dance where guys swing their hips around while wearing loose-fitting pants in order to show off the size of their d1cks. So dust off those Umbros! This is the mating dance that immediately prefaces females asking if they can smell yo ****.

also, ybm, i tried to add you on fb, but then i realized you had no way of knowing who i was lol... my name on fb is jonathan edmundo

Niko45

Smash Master
I think a lot of the stuff prior to his album is better than the stuff he's making now...
Agreed. I was feelin Drake when I heard stuff like the Barry Bonds freestyle, Say What's Real, etc.

He keeps getting worse and worse now as far as spitting goes.

But he seems to shifting more heavily towards RnB which I think is the right move for him. He's just not cut out for the rap game imo.

Top Bottom