• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
There was a big boi concert? I missed this? =/////////
Well I'm excited about 3stacks album.
Best rapper out the A-town. Maybe a dope *** album will help other cities take us seriously again....lol nope.
How was it blu3?

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
it was actually really good. i'd pay to see him again. he had kids on stage dancing better than everyone in the crowd, he performed a bunch of outkast hits (only his verse) and a bunch of songs off his new album, and he performed kryptonite which got the whole ***** crowd hyped. he had some random *** hype man who decided to perform one of his own songs in the middle of the set. luckily, the track was a banger so it kept us up. it was really dope. my only complaints: he had some ****ty rock band open for him. they really started the night horribly cuz nobody was feelin their music, which is assumed because everyone came to see a rap concert. but they still sucked anyway. then, he had a bunch of girls dancin on the stage and ALLLLL of them were ugly. one tried to dance with him and it was just nasty. lastly, there was a dude right next to me gettin high in th club. i didn't care that he was smokin but it apparently inspired him to try and dance when he knows he shouldn't've. then he had some fat chick grindin on him, which just made it worse. trick looked like precious or something. and i had some random white chick rubbin her *** on me, but her face was just....ugh. i had to move. but overall, it was great. i lost my voice yellin at the concert.

there were a lot more white people than i thought would show up lol.

soap

Smash Hero
I haven't listened thru cudi's album yet

maybe I am judging him too quickly from the first thirty seconds of every song

Jane

Smash Hero
i got a good, hearty laugh out of nine's second pic.

cudis in my top 10.....

....of mainstream artists. still, top 10 mainstream is better than nothing

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
cudis in my top 10.....

Same here! Which brings me to: YET ANOTHER TOP 5 LIST!

Top mainstream artists (based on work in the last 5 or so years):

1: Kanye West
1.5: Nas
2: Ludacris
3: T.I.
4: Young Jeezy
5: Kid Cudi (only one album so he got moved down a bit)

Almost put BoB above Cudi but not quite. I might be forgetting a few people but meh.

I honestly don't even think of CuDi as a rapper on most occasions. I just think of him as a song writer/artist.
Why does everyone say this? He's definitely a rapper. Yeah he has a few non-rap songs, but he's definitely a rapper.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
hmmmm i think jay and nas should be above luda, personally.
I dunno. Nas maybe. Jay only has Blueprint 3 and Kingdom Come, neither or which were all that good. Nas has HHID and Untitled. Oh, and Distant relatives. So yeah, he should probably be on there. Going to add him in.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
just a random thought: do you think it's right for a fan to call an artist a sell out if they don't buy/ listen to their music anyway?

directed at everyone :rocket:

edit: nuccas, get in the chat -__- need some music and it seems to be easier to get people to listen on there vs. on here.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
i like the original more.

i got a good, hearty laugh out of nine's second pic.

cudis in my top 10.....

fair enough. i think hes in my top 5 of really popular artists at the moment.

maybe mainstream top 5:

1) nas (sorta mainstream. eh)
2) kanye????
3) cuddiiiiii
4) i dont even know
5) give up

i was really about to put DMX in the list but people dont even know him anymore lmao

I honestly don't even think of CuDi as a rapper on most occasions. I just think of him as a song writer/artist.
i agree, he sings mostly

Same here! Which brings me to: YET ANOTHER TOP 5 LIST!

Top mainstream artists (based on work in the last 5 or so years):

1: Kanye West
1.5: Nas
2: Ludacris
3: T.I.
4: Young Jeezy
5: Kid Cudi (only one album so he got moved down a bit)

Almost put BoB above Cudi but not quite. I might be forgetting a few people but meh.

Why does everyone say this? He's definitely a rapper. Yeah he has a few non-rap songs, but he's definitely a rapper.
he sorta sings. not really raps. but i like him,

hmmmm i think jay and nas should be above luda, personally.
agreed.

just a random thought: do you think it's right for a fan to call an artist a sell out if they don't buy/ listen to their music anyway?

directed at everyone :rocket:

edit: nuccas, get in the chat -__- need some music and it seems to be easier to get people to listen on there vs. on here.
eh. i think if they call an artist a sell out, they had to be a fan and used to really like their music. if they dont really ever listen to them, then they shouldnt call the artist a sell out, just wack

Meh. Didn't feel Kindom Come that much. Then again, didn't like HHID much either. But Distant Relatives was really good.

Listen to Lost Ones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTXD9UfuhG0

Best song on the album by a mile IMO.
i feel it.

Cudi's nice to listen to but no way top 10 for me.
agreed.

I haven't listened thru cudi's album yet

maybe I am judging him too quickly from the first thirty seconds of every song
day n night is hella good if you have some good bass headphones with good quality. its like eargasms each second.

some songs are eh, some are poppy, some are good.

Niko45

Smash Master
people told me kingdom come wasn't as bad as alotta people said....but i heard show me what cha got....and have no aspirations to listen to it.
You got some very good information. It really isn't that bad at all. When it came out, obviously, it was a pretty dramatic fall off for Jay so many hated and dismissed including myself. But after eventually getting around to listening to it, and you know, seeing how hip hop has continued to nose dive, in retrospect it really isn't that bad at all. Best tracks: the prelude, oh my god, kingdom come, 30 something, trouble, lost one, do u wanna ride, minority report, and beach chair. I don't care for the others at all.

Fave track on that album by far is Beach Chair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZJT22qvPgA

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Because CuDi is first and foremost a musician and his music varies. But if anybody heard his freestyles that ***** just eats them hoes.

"I ain't playing no games I'm pac-man. AWWA AWWA AWWA I would eat yall niggggas up"

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol I checked that track and this is what somebody said. Straight copy and paste.

DarrickFisher77
9 hours ago thumbs up if you'd rather have gonorea than listen to this song repeteadly.........

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
uhhh gonnerea. the beat is dope, i wont lie, the beat is ****ing amazing. but he really mentions like two girls one cup. wtf

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Eh... really didn't like gonorrhea. And I'm not a Weezy haster.

Beat: 6.5/10
Chorus: 3/10
Wayne's verses: 3/10
Drake's verse: 1.5/10
Overall: 3/10

IMO.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I was like N9NE stop hating, just listen to it, everyone thinks it's cool, give it a listen...

12 seconds in:

''I am not a human, shout out to all my moon men.''

Unbelievable.

Wayne <<<

''We in this ***** like tampons.''

Weezy the gawd!

Stop it.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I don't hate Weezy; he has some good songs and some really good guest verses (although he also has some of the worst guest verses I've ever heard.) But yeah, I really didn't like that song.

EDIT: Example of a really solid Weezy guest verse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vGLn41wbFs
It's called 9mm, and it's a really good song by David Banner.

Top Bottom