• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

rhan

Smash Hero
I don't hate Weezy; he has some good songs and some really good guest verses (although he also has some of the worst guest verses I've ever heard.) But yeah, I really didn't like that song.

EDIT: Example of a really solid Weezy guest verse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vGLn41wbFs
It's called 9mm, and it's a really good song by David Banner.
9MM is a back in the day track. Freshman year of High School (4 years ago lmao).

That was probably one of his best verses from the new age Weezy.

Old Wayne is much better. The Block Is Hot is still one of the hottest tracks ever.

soap

Smash Hero
So my friend just shows me his .38

in his glove compartment....

I was like dude we live in the suburbs.....smh....

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Drake did probably the best
Then Yae
Fab 3rd, wasn't fellin it at first but I warmed up to it
Andre 4th but what the **** happened to him on this track? ***** was high or somethin.
T.I. last sadly, he sounded completely like Gucci wrote this **** for him

I like how this is Chris Brown's and Tyga's song yet all Chris got was the hook and Tyga had no essence of existance on thid track. XD

Edit: Yea beef with guns today aren't worth it at all.... thought this generation was starting to get this ****.... lol
Nontheless, downloading it when I get home lol

rhan

Smash Hero
I love T.I.'s flow and his delivery.

Kanye was nice.

Drake was always good.

Fab impressed me.

Andre... it was like... a bad freestyle.

Jane

Smash Hero
im still in utter disbelief...

andre's verse was sick... just listen to wtf hes saying, and his flow is very unique

Niko45

Smash Master
i just noticed in gonorrhea, weezy says hes smoking headband - THE SAME **** I HAVE RIGHT NOW! lololololo
"smokin on that headband, call that **** that paul pierce"

but enough with wayne, heres an old cory gunz freestyle. dudes mad nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8vIElB_r4c&feature=player_embedded
WHAT HAPPENED TO CORY GUNZ!?!?!

Dude is disgusting. That's his most famous freestyle. Never really heard much from him after that, though. He was looking so promising, too.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I Liked 3 Stacks Verse... I didn't really like the crying he had as Adlibs....His word play was really slick...

I think the track was pretty balanced... Drake "You wit all them curves and me without no brakes" was pretty sick...I think Ye's 1st 4 bars were nasty...

Haha The Ginyu Force.... that's funny... or more like The Espada....

Jane

Smash Hero
^FINALLY SOMEONE SEES IT! his word play and flow were on some other ish

drakes was my second favorite just because his flow was on point. then kanye, although as far as lyrical content ye> drake, but drake just rode the beat so nicely.

Was gonna talk about the gun thing...

but Black Cloud just leaked

1st track off MOOD MUZIK 4

AOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwai6kSb5W4

BLACK OUT
ahhhh! im in that mood already xO

Yea ill be getting this game soon, comes out tomorrow

LOL

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-def-jam-rapstar/17-3294/
i seriously wanna play the **** out of this game. lol

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Did anyone watch eminems new video no love. That movie reminds me of my freshman years at high school.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
So I'm in love with Christian Dior Denim Flow, YM Banger, and Black Cloud.....
The ending part of this year looking promising for rap.
Also I released a 16 a few days ago. It's the unmastered version of the song, so there are literally no edits, it's just me rapping over a beat with decent studio equipment lol.
Check it out if it's not too much to ask =]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHssZvypSJo
and if you like please sub....*This shameless promotion, I feel so bad lol*
http://www.youtube.com/user/DuhItsAlby?feature=mhum
Also, please tell me your honest opinion of what you think. I feel like I'm improving, but still got some work to do with my flow and wordplay but other than that I thought it was pretty good xD

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Relistened to deuces and yeah, the verses are fairly even. Still like Ye and TI the most though. Nobody was great, nobody was terrible.

So I'm in love with Christian Dior Denim Flow, YM Banger, and Black Cloud.....
The ending part of this year looking promising for rap.
Also I released a 16 a few days ago. It's the unmastered version of the song, so there are literally no edits, it's just me rapping over a beat with decent studio equipment lol.
Check it out if it's not too much to ask =]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHssZvypSJo
and if you like please sub....*This shameless promotion, I feel so bad lol*
http://www.youtube.com/user/DuhItsAlby?feature=mhum
Also, please tell me your honest opinion of what you think. I feel like I'm improving, but still got some work to do with my flow and wordplay but other than that I thought it was pretty good xD
Not bad dude. Lyrics were definitely hot.

As far as advice goes.... Well, I notice a lot of up-and-coming MCs don't use a lot of wordplay techniques such as alliterations and extensive internal rhyming that really make it sound better. You could try experimenting with that. Flow was actually alright, not amazing but good enough. Overall I think you did well considering you don't have professional equipment to enhance the sound. Props.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Thanks guys, I think I'm going to try and release one of my better songs *lyrically and flow wise* soon, and see what everyone thinks. It's probably the best thing I've ever written, but it's so hard to memorize stuff that's so intricate x_x;;
Once again thanks again to anyone that took the time to listen, and leave feedback/subscribe!!!!

Soooo back to.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5TPHT59eqg
This version is crappy lol, but the song is soooooo good <3 Yeezy. And Cudi definitely has a spot somewhere in my top....I just don't know where xD

soap

Smash Hero
if i can't handle something with my fists then i just let go of the issue.
lmao okay next friday :laugh:

I think he is just goin thru some weird phase. But for real he got like the heaviest clunkiest **** I've ever seen.

all my cousins are in the Israeli army So I've seen alot of guns before lolz

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
lmao. this dude said he knows more about Hip Hop than me cuz he has more songs and music than me. He went on to say that Immortal Technique is one of the best rappers and that Mos Def has no flow and cannot work well on a beat.

loooool. kids these days

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
lmao okay next friday :laugh:

it was the first friday, son:cool:
lmao. this dude said he knows more about Hip Hop than me cuz he has more songs and music than me. He went on to say that Immortal Technique is one of the best rappers and that Mos Def has no flow and cannot work well on a beat.

loooool. kids these days
duh. havin a lotta hip hop music >>>> havin a lotta hip hop knowledge

$up@ N0v@

Smash Journeyman
So how am I just finding out about this thread?

@ T3h Albino:
Joint was nice. I felt that your delivery at the end could use some work, but I mess with it.
@ Cookie:
Thats because they're kids. They only know what the radio filters to them...smh...

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
lol @ kids ONLY listening to what the radio filters them.
nah he showed me some good stuff, but atmosphere isnt one of the best, and immortal is mad overrated.

oh and teenager too (for the record)

and @blu, internet sarcasm doesnt work

edit: oh, he also said that murs was better than common.........

Top Bottom