• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Money talks bull**** walks.
but your argument is that hes still making money so we shouldnt be talking. so because say, paris hilton has millions of dollars, does that mean that shes better than us? and we shouldnt talk about her? no! money is power, not respect. theres a difference.

stans these days.

aight so new subject. preferred headphones/earbuds?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy

also Tyga...yea if you only listend to coconut juice then he wack...you gotta see his mixtapes
1. The Free Album
2. Outraged and Underaged
3. Fan of a Fan (with chris brown) fan of a fan is actually mad legit

I'm On it. Feat lil wayne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY7qGdHr_r0 <---from Fan of a Fan
quoted for emphasis and more diversion from wayne

also SKully candy earbuds are the best

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
i wont even reply to this dude.

Money talks bull**** walks. -rhan
except for this..... dudes from the hamptons, course hes talking about how money matters

and i agree, i got a pair of skullcandies, cheap and good bass/sound. good for the bus where you need some noise cancelling.

or school :)

as far as over the ear headphones go, skullcandy is cheap, but uncomfortable. did anyone get the Sony PIIQ's? they look good but idk about sound and comfort. I wanna get a pair of Pioneer headphones...

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm not in the Hamptons lmao

I'm in Hampton. Probably the most ****ed up Ghettoest place in SoVA next to Norfolk

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
What we are getting into here is a discussion of merit versus value.

Merit is judged solely on subjective effort. In which case, the overwhelming majority support small underground artists: Blu, Lupe, etc.

Value is based on objective outcome: aka money n*ggasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

So what the majority here is concerned with is the merit of a rapper/hip hop artist, i.e. his skill, the effort he puts in, etc.

We know Gucci Mane, Soulja Boy, and Lil Wayne are valuable rappers. That doesn't change their merit.

Except Wayne, who is really clever and goofy in a way that supersedes other sucker mcs.

Jane

Smash Hero
Huh... I'm going to keep silent about Wayne... But I'll leave you this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLsHP94bvXs
i love that song.

I do find lists of bad Lil Wayne lines to be hilarious, though, cause some of them are pretty ****in terrible.
this is true. for every dope wayne verse, i could show you like, 5 ******** ones lol

-rhan
except for this..... dudes from the hamptons, course hes talking about how money matters
you insult him based upon where he lives? you know for someone that doesnt want to be judged based on superficial values (being white), you should PROBABLY not do it to others...

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
***** I LOOK LIKE GOKU!!!

you can't deny...you was a little hyped when you heard that...but then you was like WTF is this ****

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I'm not a weezy fan, but I can see how some people might like him. He's certainly different, and definitely not the worst rapper out there. I think people are too harsh on him because he's popular. Although I do think his last album sucked.

Jane

Smash Hero
people do one of four things with wayne

1. highly overrate him

2. highly underrate him

3. cant stand him because of his voice

4. like him

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
DMX come back!

***** soulja boy likely has more money than me. But I will not respect him
I MISS DMX. dude was dope, WOOF WOOF

Souja boy is a great for a idiot rapper that can get away with songs
ANIMEEEE SWAGGGGG

LMFAO.

And Lil Wayne appeals to ******s and hos. Not real people who like Hip-Hop.
and teenagers...
well talib kweli likes gucci.. even people who like Hip Hop can like lil wayne. but i dont.

I'm not a weezy fan, but I can see how some people might like him. He's certainly different, and definitely not the worst rapper out there. I think people are too harsh on him because he's popular. Although I do think his last album sucked.
agreed, but hes mad overrated, wack compared to sooo many artists, and a lot of his subject mattar if you can call it that is re-used.

people do one of four five things with wayne

1. highly overrate him

2. highly underrate him

4. like him

5. ride his nuts

corrected.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord

also SKully candy earbuds are the best
Wrong I got some of those and I can't stand em. those things are terrible. I hate buds I'm bout to by some Beats by Dre.

i was running out of things to say :p

son of a b i have a sore throat.
Pull Wayne's **** out.

people do one of four things with wayne

1. highly overrate him

2. highly underrate him

4. like him
Wow, I never knew. Sounds like what they do with everybody else.

I don't have a problem with Lil Wayne I like some of his joints. But, most of his joints are just repetitive to me so I don't fux with dude. Aside from his voice being annoying he's cool I guess.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Wrong I got some of those and I can't stand em. those things are terrible. I hate buds I'm bout to by some Beats by Dre.
dont buy beats by dre. theyre really clunky and i would never wear mine in public.

get some of these if you want really good bass and stuff: http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX584ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng&mco=MTcyNTEzMDU

i like these a lot more than my beats by dre. and i have studios. they have surprisingly good isolation, and i dont think theres a battery. Only thing is its on the ear. But they're overall better than Beats By Dre.

or you could get Sennheisers, Pioneers, Grados, etc.

Jane

Smash Hero
protip - if its from the apple store, its probably ****ty

and if theyre not garbage, you can most likely get them cheaper somewhere else

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
God's Son > Stillmatic...discuss.

New 50 aka Ferarri F-50
They Burn Me
http://allhiphop.com/stories/multimedia__music/archive/2010/09/20/22396847.aspx

it's pretty good.

"When did i become the savior of the hood?
Look homey, you don't know me, i wouldn't save you if i could
I sacrifice for suckers and they changed me, i'm angry
They selfish, all the want is what they want so they blame me
Like it's all my fault they ain't caked up.
You a grown *** man, damm, when you gon wake up"

shots possibly fired at buck? lol

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
stillmatic >>>>>> God's son. one mic? ether? rewind?

and i saw that song... it sounds pretty hot. i mean after before i self destruct, this a good recovery.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
eh, i know what you mean.

and its aight. i agree the vibe is pretty good.

edit: oh ****! gucci's second verse is hella DOPE! WTF?!

edit 2: or at least part of it.

Niko45

Smash Master
i admit stillmatic's strong tracks are better than god's son's.....but i feel like god's son is a better overall album, personally. plus, this is nas' most personal album so it's gets kudos from me.
I can see where you're coming from with that. God Son's a pretty solid album. Stillmatic is too beast tho.

soap

Smash Hero
Stillmatic is my favorite nas album period. There is more than Ether, one mic, rewind

Premier on 2nd childhood, bomb *** intro, got urself a gun is also hype as ****, Destroy and Rebuild. The filler was mad good too. Overall I just love the down to business pissed off vibe he gave off.

I love God's son too and can actually see how u could rank it higher. But there is no way I can put it over.

o ya. Pusssy Killz

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
stillmatic >>>>>> God's son. one mic? ether? rewind?
I agree. But as good as Stillmatic is, I still think it's his 3rd best. Just because Nas is a beast. For most rappers Stillmatic would be their crowning achievement. Anyways, Nas album tier list time! (Excluding I Am since it was never released.)

Illmatic > It Was Written > Stillmatic > Distant Relatives > Street's Disciple > God's Son > The Firm > Hip Hop Is Dead > Untitled > Nastradamus

Discuss this ****.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
God's Son below street's disciples is just crazy.....though i JUST got finished to listening to SD all the way through. it has some shiners on there but i don't think it's better than god's son. too many weak beats and wack tracks.

the firm album was some hot garbage. definitely not better than HHID nor untitled.

I Am was released.... NY State of Mind pt. 2, Small World, Nas Is Like, Undying Love >>>>

Nas album tier list time!

Illmatic
It Was Written
Stillmatic
God's Son
Lost Tapes
Distant Relatives
Untitled (depends on what you're looking for in the album)
Street's Disciples
I Am....
Hip Hop Is Dead
Nastradamus
The Firm

Edit - we should do more album vs. album discussions....could be interesting...someone else's turn :)

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
From what I have heard so far I am goin with Stillmatic.

Ether2gud.

Edit: **** I got ninja'd but didn't you just say God's Son > Stillmatic? Why is Stillmatic higher than GS on that list?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Stillmatic is my favorite nas album period. There is more than Ether, one mic, rewind

Premier on 2nd childhood, bomb *** intro, got urself a gun is also hype as ****, Destroy and Rebuild. The filler was mad good too. Overall I just love the down to business pissed off vibe he gave off.

I love God's son too and can actually see how u could rank it higher. But there is no way I can put it over.

o ya. Pusssy Killz
i agree, i was just saying the main songs that are completely beast.

I agree. But as good as Stillmatic is, I still think it's his 3rd best. Just because Nas is a beast. For most rappers Stillmatic would be their crowning achievement. Anyways, Nas album tier list time! (Excluding I Am since it was never released.)

Illmatic > It Was Written > Stillmatic > Distant Relatives > Street's Disciple > God's Son > The Firm > Hip Hop Is Dead > Untitled > Nastradamus

Discuss this ****.

i agree with that. It Was Written was hella dope, and of course Illmatic for first...

hip hop is dead wasnt that bad... actually i liked it. better than God's Son for me... I like God's Son but the style isn't the Nas i know and love... same lyricism of course.

never really listened to Street's Disciple. or The Firm.

am i wrong or has every single Nas album gone platinum?

and no lost tapes in there?

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
From what I have heard so far I am goin with Stillmatic.

Ether2gud.

Edit: **** I got ninja'd but didn't you just say God's Son > Stillmatic? Why is Stillmatic higher than GS on that list?
errr i like it more....but, objectively speaking, stillmatic has better ratings so yeah...

i also like stillmatic and god's son more than it was written...

hip hop is dead wasnt that bad... actually i liked it. better than God's Son for me... I like God's Son but the style isn't the Nas i know and love... same lyricism of course.

never really listened to Street's Disciple. or The Firm.

am i wrong or has every single Nas album gone platinum?
untitled didn't. and listen to God's Son again -__- today was the first time i sat down and listened to SD. it's pretty alright. has a lotta wack beats.

Top Bottom