• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Get Rich Or Die Tryin - 50
Below The Heavens - Blu
Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem
Moment Of Truth - Gangstarr
Death Certificate - Ice Cube
Revolutionary Vol. 2 - Immortal Technique
Mood Muzik 2/3 - Joe Budden
Late Registration - Kanye West
Food N Liquor - Lupe Fiasco
Illmatic/Stillmatic/God's Son - Nas
Grey Hairs - Reks
Game Theory - The Roots

not in order, aside from Illmatic being first.
Now I see why we get along so well. lol
Ah man, I forgot Cuban Lynx.

Pt 2 is way sick too
I loved part 2 it was great
cosigned

There is something that is ALWAYS overhyped. And for me in music. It's pretty much anything Lil Wayne touches. I don't feel Cash Money/Young Money.

Baby.
Lil Wayne.
Drake.
Lil Chuckee.
Lil Twist.
Tyga. ( I've heard good things about him from respected people though)
Mack Maine.
Gudda Gudda. ( The worst one of all)
Nicki Minaj. (She is bad but she makes my peepee elevate)

This roster of people is oooooverhyped out the butthole.
Tyga is hella legit, he's one of the few people on that roster worth giving a listen to *the others being wayne, drake, and minaj on some tracks*
He's definitely better than you would think.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yes Tygas good, drake was good on Comeback Season and So Far Gone a little bit then just like... idk what happened from that point out. Guess it was Young Money skill deflation. lol

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i read about that coming out but i didn't know it was coming in december =X he's dropping this and he's supposed to be dropping his next album some time next year, before summer. cheah.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
i read about that coming out but i didn't know it was coming in december =X he's dropping this and he's supposed to be dropping his next album some time next year, before summer. cheah.
Yeah I was mad happy about that **** because I didn't even know about the Lost Tapes v2, now we get 2 albums. :]

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Phone posting.

Right now, I'm in church trying not to laugh at Suspect. But I failed. But anyways, when I go home, I'm gonna download most of Nas's albums because he gets so much love in this thread.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Phone posting.

Right now, I'm in church trying not to laugh at Suspect. But I failed. But anyways, when I go home, I'm gonna download most of Nas's albums because he gets so much love in this thread.
Laugh in a good way.. or bad? I don't see much funny about that song to be honest... lmao I guess the hook could be funny if you're in Church...

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Phone posting.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I was all about Love Below in middle school, but then as I got older I just realized that Speakerboxx is better. I can't stand **** like Dracula's Wedding anymore.

A Day in the Life of Benjamin Andre is still like my favorite track off both albums though

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I've only listened to Stankonia from Outkast recently, I guess I'll listen to speakerboxx/thelovebelow next but I feel as if I should listen to the older stuff first.

Niko45

Smash Master
Love Below was pretty disappointing for me at first, since all I really want from Outkast is to hear Andre spit bars, but it definitely grew on me.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It's good, no doubt. The way I think about the albums is I put on Love Below when I'm chillin with girls but I listen to Speakerboxx with headphones.

even though Speakerboxx has some sexy **** too

T3h Albino

Smash Master
....i like speakerboxx more......less singing. and with big boi's last album, i like him more than andre, personally.
Forreal? I just don't vibe with speakerboxx like I do with the love below. It's like I can listen to that anytime anywhere, but with speakerboxxx it's I gotta be in that real lyrical kind of mood. They're both amazing albums though, that's why I put them together on my list. *Church is still dope as **** though*
Big Boi over 3stacks though? Never in a million trillion billion sextillion years ;3
A day in the life of Benjamin Andre ^_^

Dracula's Wedding is DOPEEEEEEE lol.

Cmon man, hey ya, prototype, valentine's day, roses, take off your cool. it is a seminal work on the nature and growth of hip hop.

imma rock that ***** right now XD
This guy knowsssss

Aquemini is a must listen. Absolute classic.
cosigned

I'm just realizing how much of an Outkast fan I really am....true southern hip-hop =]

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Forreal? I just don't vibe with speakerboxx like I do with the love below. It's like I can listen to that anytime anywhere, but with speakerboxxx it's I gotta be in that real lyrical kind of mood. They're both amazing albums though, that's why I put them together on my list. *Church is still dope as **** though*
Big Boi over 3stacks though? Never in a million trillion billion sextillion years ;3
A day in the life of Benjamin Andre ^_^

This guy knowsssss

cosigned

I'm just realizing how much of an Outkast fan I really am....true southern hip-hop =]
lol i didn't say big boi was better. i just like him more....as long as andre's on his "i don't wanna rap" tip. and i'm, surprisingly not as big of an outkast fan than i thought i'd be.

also, random hip hop note: andre drew the cover to aquemini.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
lol i didn't say big boi was better. i just like him more....as long as andre's on his "i don't wanna rap" tip. and i'm, surprisingly not as big of an outkast fan than i thought i'd be.

also, random hip hop note: andre drew the cover to aquemini.

Ohhh, I feel you.
He needs to draw my album cover then lol

Jane

Smash Hero
everyone needs to listen to every single outkast album.

kanyes production almost makes me tear its so ****ing good.

Top Bottom