• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

MBlaze

Smash Champion

T3h Albino

Smash Master

Oh, and the reason I brought Jay Z up outta nowhere was because I was listening to that Kanye Monster track. and his verse is so stupid it's annoying.
Well they both got ripped on that track by Nicki, it kind of just felt like they let it happen though. Jay's verse on that song was sadly kind of forgettable =/

just to say again all yall hatin on weezy is crazy. that boy got the imagery and the wordplay barely rivaled. it takes a certain kind of craziness to say the goofy **** he does and get away with it. so #respect
Ehh, I don't know if I can agree with this.
I don't really have anything bad to say about any good rapper (Except Soldja Boy and a few handfuls)... I appreciate them all for displaying a wonderful piece of art.

And homeboy I'm far from a "Meat Rider"... Just because you don't approve of Wayne or whatever, don't disrespect me...ya dig?

What would describe a Legend then?

Wayne has put in work since being on BG's 1st Album.... I been rockin with Wayne from the Beginning. Most cats started jumpin ship around "Tha Carter Series"...then they would go back and listen to his older projects....and then claim "I've been listening to Wayne since Block is Hot"

I would say I'm more of a person who appreciates the music he puts out, rather than being a fan. I've listen to his flow elevate and change. He's grown into a beast. Sometimes the stuff he says is off the wall and maybe he overuses punchlines and Metaphors... But those are still entertaining nonetheless...

I can honestly say that "Lights Out" is a classic Album. Tha Carter 3 had classic record sales but, I wouldn't classify that as "classic" especially since it had Auto tunes on it.

Maybe I jumped the gun with Legend...but if he isn't a legend he is hands down on his way there.

Also, I use to listen to Jay Z until the Illumanati crap was brought up... There are a lot of things that people like to say to hurt someone's Rep... but when stuff makes sense once you look into...I just rather not be involved with the things he's doing... even though he is a monster with the Lyrics....I respect him for that though....
You didn't read my post? I described a legend. I'd say B.I.G is a legend. Jay-Z fits somewhere under the category of legend. There are actually a good amount of MC's that do. Wayne's just not one of them =/
Albeit one could say he's on his way I suppose.

Well I'm not your...nvm lemme stop.

But honestly I remember reading that about It Was Written as well but I don't hear it at all betweeen Food & Liquor and It Was Written. Was never trying to compare Nas's influence to Jay's with Lupe but in any case, at the end of the day, Jay's still much deeper than Lupe.
Uhh....Idk man.

**** it, new post lol

albino, i really like the way you present your opinions. i agree with almost everything, +respect sir.

god i love the discussion in this thread. lol
Thanks sir =]

T3h Albino...are you Alby from the chat?

I'm not ur guy, buddy!

I'm not ur buddy, friend!

I'm not ur friend, guy!

<<<<Southpark
Yes, es me Alby.
How'd you knowwww :O

****...this last page is just to much of a read

so seeing as I don't really have a good view on rap (not saying I don't listen to it I just don't keep up with it as well)

how about that TREY SONGZ???
Trey Songz hmm....
HI TKO!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
HMMM???....thats all you gotta say?

this ***** just dropped his new album like 2 days ago and of the 20 tracks he had on there (i somehow found the super bonus edition) I put 13 on my ipod...3-4 of the tracks were interludes though and i never put those on really so out of 16 actual songs i stacked 13 on the ipod

thats a rare find for me...I usually only get half of a CD on my ipod

only other person that got a good amount was katy perry...lol..10 out of 12

MBlaze

Smash Champion
HMMM???....thats all you gotta say?

this ***** just dropped his new album like 2 days ago and of the 20 tracks he had on there (i somehow found the super bonus edition) I put 13 on my ipod...3-4 of the tracks were interludes though and i never put those on really so out of 16 actual songs i stacked 13 on the ipod

thats a rare find for me...I usually only get half of a CD on my ipod

only other person that got a good amount was katy perry...lol..10 out of 12
I tried downloading the album but the songs were encrypted for some ******* reason with no password. Oh well, either way Idk about this one, I heard he's givin out more generic music this time around since that's what "the people want." :\ Might not be as good as Ready.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
no no no...he's giving out less generic music...like this one is closer to his mixtape (anticipation) then ready

ready was good as **** though...I'm sure this one is on par...I guess its just because I feel I relate to alot of songs and if I can't relate to it is not really good to me (as far as R&B goes.) but this **** is pretty legit

I don't really like bottoms up though because of nicki of course....stupid chick needs to stop ****ing around on tracks and just rap...but this can't be friends...OH BUDDY...been listenin/singing that all day

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
The thread moves so fast I sometimes over look them......

and what makes Big a Legend? (Not saying he isn't) Is it because he past away...? Same thing with other Artist they consider Legends.

I can say Rakim, KRS One, Wu Tang, LL Cool J and a few others are Legends because they been putting in work.... Pac put about like 6 albums before he died. Biggie put out 3... and he's considered a Legend? What defines being a legend...?

MBlaze

Smash Champion
no no no...he's giving out less generic music...like this one is closer to his mixtape (anticipation) then ready

ready was good as **** though...I'm sure this one is on par...I guess its just because I feel I relate to alot of songs and if I can't relate to it is not really good to me (as far as R&B goes.) but this **** is pretty legit

I don't really like bottoms up though because of nicki of course....stupid chick needs to stop ****ing around on tracks and just rap...but this can't be friends...OH BUDDY...been listenin/singing that all day
I'll give it a listen then still, long as most the album isn't like bottoms up.. **** was horrible.. lol on both Trey and Nicki's parts.
The thread moves so fast I sometimes over look them......

and what makes Big a Legend? (Not saying he isn't) Is it because he past away...? Same thing with other Artist they consider Legends.

I can say Rakim, KRS One, Wu Tang, LL Cool J and a few others are Legends because they been putting in work.... Pac put about like 6 albums before he died. Biggie put out 3... and he's considered a Legend? What defines being a legend...?
Biggie put out 2... can't really count Born Again since it was posthumous.. but we're talking about quality over quantity, I mean look at it like this. Big put out 2 albums, Luda put out 7, who's considered better still? :I

Niko45

Smash Master
Big never had the chance to fall off or make throwaway tracks, which really helps to elevate his status. Not to say at all that he doesn't deserve that status. Def one of the best to ever do it, and like Nas, really rare in that he bridged old school to new school.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Just like BigL =[
Listen more closely on The Big Picture... <.< I don't really blame Big L for that album as much as I do blame posthumous albums for being balls because they don't have the original input from the actual artist.. Hope it makes sense but yeah.

The album had a lot of good songs but some of it was repeated material and some of the songs they just ****ed up.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'll give it a listen then still, long as most the album isn't like bottoms up.. **** was horrible.. lol on both Trey and Nicki's parts.
**** the song.. did you see Nicki in that video?! Oh my good golly gosh!

MBlaze

Smash Champion
**** the song.. did you see Nicki in that video?! Oh my good golly gosh!
Nicki isn't on for her rapping talents to be honest, it's because she knows how to levitate d*cks that's about it. -_- Yes we all agree she bad, but at the same time her looks can't save her music.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Big never had the chance to fall off or make throwaway tracks, which really helps to elevate his status. Not to say at all that he doesn't deserve that status. Def one of the best to ever do it, and like Nas, really rare in that he bridged old school to new school.
Meh, I think a lot of people are more harsh on him for only releasing 2 albums than people who overrate him. No other rapper ever has released two albums of the same quality as Ready To Die and Life After Death. Both top 10 all time IMO. Only other reasonable argument would be A Tribe Called Quest with Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders, but probably not even that.

Moreover, most rappers only ever release 2-4 great albums.

soap

Smash Hero
nicki looked ****ing ridiculous at the VMA's.

she had that robot cameltoe suit. she was gyrating with no rhythym. looking all nervous and robotic.

not sexy

Niko45

Smash Master
Meh, I think a lot of people are more harsh on him for only releasing 2 albums than people who overrate him. No other rapper ever has released two albums of the same quality as Ready To Die and Life After Death. Both top 10 all time IMO. Only other reasonable argument would be A Tribe Called Quest with Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders, but probably not even that.

Moreover, most rappers only ever release 2-4 great albums.
Yea he definitely has enough material out there to really judge him, and for me personally, Ready to Die is a top 3 rap album, maybe more.

soap

Smash Hero
any manga fans in here?

jus saw this funny post

"Kubo is like Tupac, he has so much Bleach in his pad he can just sell it all over the next ten years. And then they can synthesize new chapters based off of panels he drew while bored. And they'll work."

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Nicki isn't on for her rapping talents to be honest, it's because she knows how to levitate d*cks that's about it. -_- Yes we all agree she bad, but at the same time her looks can't save her music.
levitate d*cks? the ***? haha
Yea he definitely has enough material out there to really judge him, and for me personally, Ready to Die is a top 3 rap album, maybe more.
i'd say just top 5.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Wtf happened to our song we were suppose to do.
Well, I wrote my verse, so I'm ready if we ever do this.

For me, it'd be:

1. Paid In Full
2. Illmatic
3. The Chronic
4. Ready To Die
5. 36 Chambers
6. It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back
7. Straight Outta Compton
8. Life After Death
9. Low End Theory
10. The Score

Or something like that. So #4 & #8 I guess.

Top Bottom