• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
blu, I knew u would post virgo, so I left it alone

I didn't "really" start listening to Nas till like a year ago, and I gotta say he is definitely my favorite, not talking none of that "G.O.A.T" ****, just my fave

his cockiness has definitely rubbed off on me haha
Me neither. I always liked him but i didn't really really get into until like last year and i'm still exploring. just recently heard when he talks about his, raekwon, and ghostface's beef with biggie. i always knew about it, tho. ah well. still on my quest to memorize his discog ^_^.

^ **** right. virgos gotta stick together.
Yes these, started listening to Nas like that early this year, always liked him but he's my fav now as well.

I just cleaned out my iTunes plays so my current top 10 most played I guess:

(In some particular order but a number of them are tied for plays so I guess numbering would be irrelevant)

- ***** Please II - Eminem
- Villematic - J. Cole
- It Won't Be Long - J. Cole
- Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive - Nas
- Super Lyrical - Big Pun and Black Thought
- Punish Me - Big Pun
- Exhibit C freestyle - Cassidy
- Space Ship - Kanye
- Hurt Me Soul - Lupe
- Nas Is Like - Nas

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Despicable - Eminem
Go to Sleep - Lupe Fiasco
Beautiful - Eminem
Bring Me Down - Kanye West
Like Toy Soldiers - Eminem
Without Me - Eminem
Renegade - Jay-Z
The Die - Lupe Fiasco
Little Weapon - Lupe Fiasco
No Love - Eminem
Hip-Hop Saved My Life - Lupe Fiasco

Wow I just realized that Eminem takes up most of that list o_O

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Despicable - Eminem
Go to Sleep - Lupe Fiasco
Beautiful - Eminem
Bring Me Down - Kanye West
Like Toy Soldiers - Eminem
Without Me - Eminem
Renegade - Jay-Z
The Die - Lupe Fiasco
Little Weapon - Lupe Fiasco
No Love - Eminem
Hip-Hop Saved My Life - Lupe Fiasco

Wow I just realized that Eminem takes up most of that list o_O
you need more nas in your life, bruh :)
I'm a little bit late as always, but one of Lil Wayne's best verses imo was on My Generation on the album Distant Relatives: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMPgYMNc0FU

I really like that song.
yeah i was surprised by how good it was. however, that song is madddddddd cheesy lol but good, nonetheless.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Wayne isn't a bad artist, as much as many people want to believe he is.
He does what he does to make cash, he use to be a "real" artist but because CREAM *or him in this case* he decided that it was more important to stay with the times, than to produce quality tracks anymore. At least that's what I'm assuming, he still has his moments though "As does any of the artist the majority would consider mainstream and ****ty" *yes this includes Gucci*.

Anyway
We On- J. Cole
My Curse- DyMe A DuZiN
I Gotcha- Lupe Fiasco
The Fire- The Roots
Microphone- Slaughterhouse
Victory is in my clutches- Jay Electronica
The Glory- Kanye West
Grown Simba- J. Cole
Thieves In The Night- BlackStar
Soul Amazing- Blu & Exile

**** I really like that list, and I stopped using Itunes to listen to music awhile ago xD

jugfingers

Smash Champion
whenever someone mentions lil wayne I think of this doom line

"wut up to all rappers shut up while your shuttin up put a shirt on, at least a button up.

yuck, Is they rhymers or strippin males? outta work jerks since they shut down chippendales"/.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
The 'My Generation' verse is like the only Wayne I can tolerate. The chorus pisses me off.
how can you get pissed off by something that gooey?
*yes this includes Gucci*.
gucci's a lot more tolerable than most main stream artists. i heard that his next album was supposed to be a lot more lyrical.....the next illmatic, perhaps? :laugh:

rhan

Smash Hero
iduno how to check that :s i use songbird

anyways, which line involving pot pies do you guys like better? lol

LINE 1: "And you run with n*ggas thats more chicken than pot pies"

LINE 2: "Pot pie flow, yall n*ggas sweet peas"

LINE 3: "Acting hard, but on the inside they soft and chicken made, like pot pies"
The second one is off Wayne's I'm Blooded.

And he said Pop Eye (The sailor). That line was dope.

My Top Ten after moving all my music to this laptop:

*Future edit*

MBlaze

Smash Champion
^i don't know how i feel about that statement.
When people say that... it's like... the amount of idiocy cannot be tolerated.. lol Illmatic, It was Written, Stillmatic all get 5 mics imo.

I Am... The Autobiography tracklist is real good, yall should listen to it sometime if you can find the tracklist and downloads. If not and you're still interested ask me here and I'll supply it I guess.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Lemme put it this way.

I was told that Nas sold out after Illmatic. Or at least that's what Wikipedia told me.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Dunno. I'm kinda lazy when it comes to actually putting music on my iPod, so I guess I settle for the things that get good reception.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Dunno. I'm kinda lazy when it comes to actually putting music on my iPod, so I guess I settle for the things that get good reception.
Well "Wikipedia" speaks high of The lost tapes, download that. I know how you feel on the laziness of downloading **** the ipod. lol I also have that syndrome when it comes to actually listening and picking apart the ****.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
errr....with an exception to nastradamus, none of his albums got a bad reception....maybe painfully mediocre receptions but none bad enough to completely discount his discog.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Lil Wayne is a Legend... Been putting in work. Best Rapper still doing it... nothing wrong with becoming more diverse to attract more of an audience....

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Lil Wayne is a Legend... Been putting in work. Best Rapper still doing it... nothing wrong with becoming more diverse to attract more of an audience....
Now this, is a fictional statement. The word legend implies someone of extraordinary skill, who will be worth noting for many generations after their pass. Timeless in other words. Has wayne achieved this status yet? No. Is that to say he's still not a competent artist? No. It's just to say he's nowhere near legend status yet. He's a decent rapper, better than many people give him credit for, but a legend....nah. Many rappers are "putting in work", are you saying he's putting in more work than the underground cats? Who stay in the studio for days on end, freestyling, battling, and straight up just trying to make a hit? Best rapper still doing it? I don't even know how to respond to that, because
1-The title best rapper is subjective in its self
2- "If rap was alive we'd be trying to be the best rappers ever, not the best rapper alive"
3- Even if I could define "Best Rapper Alive", I'm 100% sure that it simply would not be wayne.
Being diverse is one thing, but if you're going to do it at least attempt to sound like you know what you're doing. "Prom Queen".....No. Lupe Fiasco's "Solar Midnite"....**** yes.

LuigiToilet- Best rapper to say A Milli is probably Asher.

Boofy!

Smash Champion

LuigiToilet- Best rapper to say A Milli is probably Asher.
haha Jay-Z said it too but yea I get your point

Wayne is good actually I like how Blu put it "established" as a great rapper.. he needs more
good
albums under his belt before I even consider him a Legend

@Rhan Pretty crazy how we both have Bring Me Down on our lists

@T3h Same thing except with We On

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Lol you mean the Illuminati?
hurr durr

But seriously, why? I only have Blueprint and it's fine with me.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't hate him. it's just nothing I've ever heard has moved me, at all. Every track he features on, his verse is almost always my least favorite. Every track he has that has a feature, I always like the other person more.

I'm not sure why. I think his flow is boring.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I've actually been listening to the grey album quite abit lately, mostly cause of dangermouse's amazing coppin an choppin, but jay has a pretty nice flow.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
it was actually his verse on light up that got me interested lol

"And since no good deed go unpunished
Im not as cool with n-ggas as I once was
I once was, cool as the fonz was,
but these bright lights turned me to a monster
Sorry mama im promised they wouldn’t change me,
but I woulda went insane, had i remain the same ME
F-ck nggas, *****es too
All I got is this money, this will do"

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I can agree on you on the boring flow part.

On Renegade, he was boring as ****, so I'd do something to occupy my time until Eminem's verse is on.

Jane

Smash Hero
I don't hate him. it's just nothing I've ever heard has moved me, at all. Every track he features on, his verse is almost always my least favorite. Every track he has that has a feature, I always like the other person more.

I'm not sure why. I think his flow is boring.
i am perplexed by this.

congrats on mod status btw

F-ck nggas, *****es too
one of my favorite lines ever real talk haha

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I have to confess. I don't like Jay Z.
What in the....
Lol you mean the Illuminati?
hurr durr

But seriously, why? I only have Blueprint and it's fine with me.
that joke is =/
Please look into Jay more, he's definitely an extremely gifted artist. Probably one of the best to do it. Oh yes, I went there haha. *But the safety net of "One of" saved me =]*

i've been trying to get into jay-z lately. kind of a slow process but i'm getting there. just been listening to his hits lately.
Black Album!!!!
I'm also one of the few and blue who actually liked Kingdom Come so =]

Top Bottom