• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I'm so hyped for MM4 like....EXTRA HYPE
Who was that lady whining though? *I should watch more JBTV lol*

Anyway, still no beat for this collab? Someone take charage and just start posting stuff, or we can vote on it or something...

Yeezy is back, and I'm happy =]
Plies is garbage, but apparently a pretty smart guy according to some.
He's smart enough to milk the game, for all its worth with his mediocre hits and albums. He couldn't all dumb.

Prince EA is a monster if you haven't heard of him look him up please.

I finally found who my style is similar too, and I'm content. It's J. Cole =]

soap

Smash Hero
blu, I knew u would post virgo, so I left it alone

I didn't "really" start listening to Nas till like a year ago, and I gotta say he is definitely my favorite, not talking none of that "G.O.A.T" ****, just my fave

his cockiness has definitely rubbed off on me haha

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Me neither. I always liked him but i didn't really really get into until like last year and i'm still exploring. just recently heard when he talks about his, raekwon, and ghostface's beef with biggie. i always knew about it, tho. ah well. still on my quest to memorize his discog ^_^.

^ **** right. virgos gotta stick together.

rhan

Smash Hero
Ya'll probably aren't even Virgos anymore lol

I've been listening to Nas since god knows when. I grew up listening to NY rappers..

Silk

Smash Apprentice
Scribe overall is pretty wack, but I remember really digging this song back when it came out

"Dreaming"

lol at his singing though

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i'd have to say the biggest surprise was e-40 cuz i swear that dude just butchers the english language.

shout outs to luda for going to gsu AND being a virgo :).

@Silk: not bad.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
i'd have to say the biggest surprise was e-40 cuz i swear that dude just butchers the english language.
I keep thinking "this really should surprise me", but for some reason it doesn't all that much. Don't know why. But yeah you're right.

Ice Cube was going to school for architectural drafting??? wtf that **** sounds mad technical.
Yeah. But he's definitely not dumb. That one didn't really surprise me, except his choice of major.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Happy Birthday Nas, taking *****s on a trip straight through memory lane.

That guy cookie posted is pretty smooth with it, and virgo is definitely a beast song.
I'm a gemini though...

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Here's that article about rappers who went to college (including Plies) if anyone's interested: http://education-portal.com/articles/Rap_and_Hip_Hop_Stars_Who_Went_to_College.html

I was also really surprised that David Banner has a master's degree. Most of them are what you would expect though, such as Talib Kweli, Chuck D, and Common.

Hell yeah, high five! :pimp:
i was born the same day as Common x]

and makes sense Kweli went to like NYU... but he could afford it? O.O well i suppose back then....

Man, props to Luda graduating suma *** laude.
agreed.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
i was born the same day as Common x]
Nice! I have the same birthday as George Harrison from the Beatles. And I'm **** near sure we've had this conversation before, lol.

Funny how this thread works in loops.

and makes sense Kweli went to like NYU... but he could afford it? O.O well i suppose back then....
Actually, I think Kweli grew up in a much richer family than most other rappers. His parents are both college professors.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I hate Lil Wayne. How anyone can listen to his ****, I will never know.
I don't hate him, i just think he is waaack.

Nice! I have the same birthday as George Harrison from the Beatles. And I'm **** near sure we've had this conversation before, lol.

Funny how this thread works in loops.

Actually, I think Kweli grew up in a much richer family than most other rappers. His parents are both college professors.
im sure we have... and thats boss.

Really? on Blacksmith he showed his old home, it was in the hood... maybe he had money though.

soap

Smash Hero
carter III was still dope. people be not liking it cuz it was TOO popular

for me wayne is all about the mixtapes tho.

I can't listen to wayne by myself tho. I have to be like high and with my friends

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
ghoswritten bars....
i dont even think he's good... i mean he cant freestyle..... his bars have punchlines that make no ssense or are just stupid: "I GET MONEY OUT THE *** NO HOMO BUT IM RICH", etc.

idk. people are going as far as to say that hes a dope lyricist... which i completely disagree with...

rhan

Smash Hero
That line is okay. It makes sense. idk what planet you're on.

Wayne still makin more money then you though.

Post Carter 2 is when he became hot to the mainstream. But underground he's been putting out some odd hundred mixtapes just going off other people's **** and killin it.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
top 10 most played songs on itunes or whatever you use...

GO.

1. Cannonball- Colin Monroe Ft. Drake
2. Ghosts n Stuff- Deadmau5 Ft. Rob Swire
3. Don't Let Me Fall - B.o.B
4. Not Lost - B.o.B Ft. T.I
5. Memories - David Guetta Ft. KiD CuDi
6. We On - J. Cole
7. Gladiators - B.o.B Ft. J. Cole
8. Work - Gangstarr
9. Bring me Down - Kanye West Ft. Brandy
10. Feather - Nujabes

Annnnddddd just for the lulz.. the only 2 songs in my Library without a SINGLE PLAY

Special - The Game
Knockout - Lil Wayne Ft. Nicki Minaj

Jane

Smash Hero
iduno how to check that :s i use songbird

anyways, which line involving pot pies do you guys like better? lol

LINE 1: "And you run with n*ggas thats more chicken than pot pies"

LINE 2: "Pot pie flow, yall n*ggas sweet peas"

LINE 3: "Acting hard, but on the inside they soft and chicken made, like pot pies"

Boofy!

Smash Champion
How about this?

"I see your lil crew, so what you got guys?
I'll drop 3 at a time like I swat flies..
actin hard, but on the inside
they soft and chicken made, like pot pies"

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I physically can't listen to Wayne. I think I'm allergic to his voice. I've only ever liked one song by him, Hustler Muzik I think.

I always delete my iTunes play count plus my laptop died so it's not accurate but most played would be mostly Joe. All Of Me would probably be number one. On my new laptop number one is Cole - Losing My Balance.

Joe and Stack Bundles tracks are so dope.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
That line is okay. It makes sense. idk what planet you're on.

Post Carter 2 is when he became hot to the mainstream. But underground he's been putting out some odd hundred mixtapes just going off other people's **** and killin it.
it makes sensee but its just kind of stupid...

"it dont reflect on how many records get sold" - Dead Prez

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
this line is irrelevant.
I physically can't listen to Wayne. I think I'm allergic to his voice. I've only ever liked one song by him, Hustler Muzik I think.

I always delete my iTunes play count plus my laptop died so it's not accurate but most played would be mostly Joe. All Of Me would probably be number one. On my new laptop number one is Cole - Losing My Balance.

Joe and Stack Bundles tracks are so dope.
same here. only wayne song i can listen to is hustler's muzik. but even then, i barely ever listen to it. i don't mind his features but i don't like his music that much.

as for most played song.....i dunno. some joe or nas song.

Niko45

Smash Master
Carter 2 was a great album. He hadn't really stepped his game up fully at that point, but that album is just full of great music. It was really after that point that he started killing the mixtapes. He's about the easiest rapper in the world to listen to. Hot beats, pure funny punchlines. You listen once and you caught the whole song. He's terrible for any long-term replay value but ya know, sometimes you're in the mood for something like that.

Plus, he's definitely had his moments. Is anyone gonna tell me this isn't killed? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJy7d2zRwk4

Jane

Smash Hero
^agreed except for the part about being easy to listen to.

honestly the reason i think people dislike him is cuz of his voice. if he had a more normal voice, and didnt laugh and wheeze or whatever you wanna call it all ********, i think many more people would like him.

no one answered my pot pie question :( lol

Top Bottom