• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Boofy!

Smash Champion
cudi's the man. but i hate his fans.
i <3 yall tho

best track off F&L to me was emperors soundtrack, was the song "the cool" on there? that was dope too.

Best track off The Cool was Little Weapon or The Coolest, actually i really like Dumb it Down too.

Curtis had Hustlers Ambition on it, I love that song.

As far as embarrasing music goes, well im not embarrased about it but this might come as weird to some

Yeah Yeah Yeahs
La Roux
Lady Gaga
Santogold
MIA
Owl City
Mickey Avalon
Nelly Furtado
Modest Mouse
Qotsa

....Madonna
:(

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
i <3 yall tho

best track off F&L to me was emperors soundtrack, was the song "the cool" on there? that was dope too.

Best track off The Cool was Little Weapon or The Coolest, actually i really like Dumb it Down too.

As far as embarrasing music goes, well im not embarrased about it but this might come as weird to some

Yeah Yeah Yeahs
La Roux
Lady Gaga
Santogold
MIA
Owl City
Mickey Avalon
Nelly Furtado
Modest Mouse
Qotsa

....Madonna
I love that song coolest.the beat coolest was cool and mellow. the song song sounds like destiny in a cool way.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i <3 yall tho

Yeah Yeah Yeahs
La Roux
Lady Gaga
Santogold
MIA
Owl City
Mickey Avalon
Nelly Furtado
Modest Mouse
Qotsa

....Madonna
Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Modest Mouse? MIA? Embarassing?

I'll give you that other **** though.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
they compare a bass and a snare to muffled screams and multiple shots in the air

thats one line i thought of on the way home. its obvious that "they" are the critics of Hip Hop, comparing it to violence.

i also wrote a line about the sleeper hold

blockage of arteries on both sides leavin my mind blind

idk it'll probably go in a storytelling song...

T3h Albino

Smash Master
oooo my niga alby posted in here again. you going to Tipped Off?

^****, i haven't listened to The Cool in a while. i think my favorite track was......streets are on fire o_0? maybe. i dunno. gotta check it out again.
Lol yeah, I'm going to start posting here more.
Yeah I'll be at tipped off! Not to play though....cuz I suck lol

Nah man, I actually have a lot of respect for Jeezy. He's doing the always needed hustler music better than anybody right now (not that that's saying much). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIsL_VMCLwA <- Mad respect for Jeezy. He's certainly much more worthy of discussion than Rick Ross (lol) but I don't think Jeezy will be too memorable in the long run. He's just not good enough imo. I think he compares nicely to somebody like Beanie Sigel. Scorching hot for a while with some crazy production behind you, but in the long run just not good enough to last.
Yeahhhhhhhh man! Jeezy's music is all around better than Gucci's *they're both really doing the same ***** but for some reason Gucci gets all the plays and respect...Jeezy is a good bit better imo. Ross is straight imo *Still not topping Jeezy*. Ross has got that super production backing him, I swear he has some of the best beats around, and he ain't really doing nothing with em. I'll still bump Super High, Live Fast Die Young, Maybach Music, and Aston Martin Music though. Jeezy will stay around, he's one of the south's go to guys for that on the block everyday hustling music. Also that video made me mad, what a dumb, biased chicka =/

Jane

Smash Hero
psh, nas saying it is the same as everyone else.

Anyone feel like we talk in circles? XD This has come up several times before.
lol yeah. most commonly reoccurring subjects in the thread are eminem, nas, jay, hate for mainstream hiphop/real hiphop vs "rap", and the state of hiphop

but hey, cant ALWAYS be new material :p especially cuz this thread is so active. :D <33

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
psh, nas saying it is the same as everyone else.

lol yeah. most commonly reoccurring subjects in the thread are eminem, nas, jay, hate for mainstream hiphop/real hiphop vs "rap", and the state of hiphop

but hey, cant ALWAYS be new material :p especially cuz this thread is so active. :D <33
we do have a lot of subjects that we talk about a lot.

Actually, it is. Nas was actually trying to make an artistic statement. Having a hip-hop album named Hip Hop is Dead is very different then going around parroting it because you heard the Nas album.

Sure it might be wrong or piss you off, but that's art.
i agree completely.

off topic, but dave chappelle is the funniest dude on EARTH,

rhan

Smash Hero
My friend told me about Charles Hamilton.

WTF is up with him and Sonic ****?

Seriously.
I know Hamilton from

-Pretty Brown Eyes
-Devil In A Pink Dress

I never heard of any of this Sonic stuff until now. And the fanboy/gamer inside me went to go listen to all his Sonic ****.

I am a Hamilton fan. <3

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Charles Hamilton got punched last year by a ***** last year. they kept replaying over and over again. its so funny.

And J.cole has hard lyrics. I have a feeling he will stay long in hip hop.

Linguini

Smash Master
Charles Hamilton is a ****ing duck, but he is an absolutely disgusting emcee. The kid also has some of the best freestyling out there atm.

Watch the CH, Kanye,Game cypher

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
^nah. you either underrated lupe or overrated cole. he's cool. i think i'll like him more than lupe once he gets some more material but lupe is definitely a better lyricist.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I didn't mean for you to think that he was ON Lupe's level. I just meant he's getting to that level.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
pick your words better then -__-

anyway, anybody been noticing the amount of twitter beefs nowadays? i don't have a twitter but every time i check a hip-hop site, some random artists just started beefing over twitter.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
CH is a schizophrenic who had delusions of real conversations with Sonic the Hedgehog

I'm not even making that up, he checked himself into a mental ward

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
AHHHHH BROTHAS YOU JEALOUSSS
mos def is gonna be chillin and performing in at the Chabot Space and Science Center. its free, but its gonna be amazing, hope i get to meet him.

oh and Dancing In The Rain by Blu is ****ing amazing. i need to get the album omg

Top Bottom