• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, meeting Mos Def would be awesome. I've only been to one real rap concert, lol, about 2 years ago. Saw the Sugarhill Gang and Naughty By Nature. Was pretty sweet.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
i've always liked blu's work.. but the songs i find in heavy rotation are Cold Hearted (intro is top tier), Dancing in the rain, First things first, and below the heavens pt1.

.. Blu is So
(ul)
Amazing

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
i've always liked blu's work.. but the songs i find in heavy rotation are Cold Hearted (intro is top tier), Dancing in the rain, First things first, and below the heavens pt1.

.. Blu is So
(ul)
Amazing
nice pun at the end.
dancing in the rain is great too

rhan

Smash Hero
Ya'll jusssss hation cuz ya'll ain't think of the Supersonic Philosophy!

But srsly Pretty Brown Eyes is his best track. But I REALLY like Enter the Hedgehog cuz I'm a Sonic fanboy but everything else was weak.

That J Cole track went hard.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
When does it drop anyways?
i thinkkkkk.....Oct 26. hope they push it back. he doesn't have a big enough buzz yet for his album to do really well.

.. Blu is So
(ul)
Amazing
Ya'll jusssss hation cuz ya'll ain't think of the Supersonic Philosophy!

But srsly Pretty Brown Eyes is his best track. But I REALLY like Enter the Hedgehog cuz I'm a Sonic fanboy but everything else was weak.

That J Cole track went hard.
Enter The Hedgehog is pretty **** dope. forgot about that.

but this is charle's best song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF4We3DOHJY

.Marik

is a social misfit
Blue, can you post tracks worth listening too?

Stumbled across a bunch of artists on my friend's mp3 yesterday, it's all gangster rap, but held a few good jems from back in the day.

I guess this is applicable to anyone else that wants me to broaden my horizons.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i don't know what to suggest to you. aside from aesop rock and eyedea and abilities, i really don't know what the hell you listen to. hard to suggest something similar when the list is so narrow.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
All J.cole needs is a good collaboration with kanye or Jay-Z then he'l be more recognized.

.Marik

is a social misfit
i don't know what to suggest to you. aside from aesop rock and eyedea and abilities, i really don't know what the hell you listen to. hard to suggest something similar when the list is so narrow.
LOL.

That's all I've ever talked about here, definitely not all I listen too.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
um mos def, talib kweli, blu, fashawn, nas, etc.
i listen to a lottttt of Hip Hop, but like, that's what ive been listening to lately.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
were from*

You said most were deceased, right?

Anyways, gimme a Jay-Z album tier list please. I'm prolly gonna download some of his albums after I get Illmatic.

I hope they don't fight about who deserves to be on my iPod more :urg:

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
How the hell is cole overrated, what are you saying lol
If anyones overrated its Drake. He cant freestyle. he has to say uh or yea after a bar(thats how you know that drake writes lyrics on his blackberry). The only reason why his famous is because he has the female appeal. He's not a MC nor a rapper. Drake is fake. and heres a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uKSeyYFGRo

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Anyways, gimme a Jay-Z album tier list please. I'm prolly gonna download some of his albums after I get Illmatic.
Tier one
Reasonable Doubt
Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life
The Blueprint
The Black Album

Tier Two
Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter
The Blueprint 2
The Blueprint 3

Tier Three
In My Lifetime, Vol. 1
Kingdom Come
American Gangster

These are simply my opinions, although all the ones in tier one are pretty much necessary. Albums are in chronological order within their tiers.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Besides, it's kinda silly to argue semantics like that. I don't think it's much of a difference to say a dead person "is from" somewhere.
It's proper grammar syntax, hardly semantics.

Clearly you don't know a lot about street customs.

It all boils down to a matter of respect, remembering someone that died.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Happened a little while ago, but this recently surpassed the Kpop discussion and is now the 2nd most replied to topic in MM.

Congrats, Jonny :)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
A mutual understanding of street smarts, and the "code" associated with it.

It's always projected in rap, especially gangster rap. You should be acquainted with said concept.

Also very high right now.

:)
I mean, what does that have to do with the rest of your point? Proper grammar when referring to dead people is strictly a gangster life concept? I guess I'm not hard enough to care about minutiae like that. :bee:

my favorite underground rapper? Now, it's probably Nov from Vegas

Top Bottom