• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Dam...50 used to be so dope.
That's why he gets less respect from me than Rick Ross or Jeezy...

He literally used to be a monster. On Power of a Dollar...omg...

He stopped trying tho. He consciously stopped trying and expected to keep making money off half-***** music.

Edit: "My Love" Off that Futuresex/Lovesound album is too goodz...

Niko45

Smash Master
That's why he gets less respect from me than Rick Ross or Jeezy...

He literally used to be a monster. On Power of a Dollar...omg...

He stopped trying tho. He consciously stopped trying and expected to keep making money off half-***** music.

Edit: "My Love" Off that Futuresex/Lovesound album is too goodz...
Rick Ross/Jeezy over 50? Why would you respect people who are consistently mediocre over someone who at least at one point was great? What have Rick Ross or Jeezy given you? Nothing you'll still be listening to in 5 years, I guarantee that.

Yea, My Love is so ridiculous. TI murders that verse.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Rick Ross/Jeezy over 50? Why would you respect people who are consistently mediocre over someone who at least at one point was great? What have Rick Ross or Jeezy given you? Nothing you'll still be listening to in 5 years, I guarantee that.

Isn't that worse though? You know what 50 is capable of, he just refuses to do it anymore because he knows he can still get sales from sloppy albums. That's straight disrespectul.

At least Rick Ross and Jeezy don't MEAN to suck (starting to gain some respect for Ross tho...)

And yea, My Love is my ****...even without T.I. on it, the song is pretty ridic.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i haven't listened to curtis but massacre wasn't as terrible as i thought. not praising it or anything. it did have a couple tracks that were decent/good. BISD was meh. he had a couple good beats he didn't put to any good use....then he tried to blame his producers for how mediocre the album was.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Curtis was TERRIBLE. The Massacre and BISD were about the same...equally mediocre imo.

GRODT and Power of a Dollar are borderline classic to me tho.

Niko45

Smash Master
Curtis was TERRIBLE. The Massacre and BISD were about the same...equally mediocre imo.

GRODT and Power of a Dollar are borderline classic to me tho.
This. Curtis is legitimately trash. Song with Mary J was ok, song with Akon was ok...but none of the ok-ness was due to 50.

Jane

Smash Hero
best line from that song - "honey's got some boobies like wow oh wow" lol

and my fav track from food n liquor is hurt me soul

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
thanks everybody for the birthday wishes and what not. got me all sentimental and **** :cry:

and yeah, my fav. track from F&L is Hurt Me Soul. Lupe's cool but i can see why alotta people don't like him.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Who the **** doesn't like Lupe? One of the best lyricists out there imo.

Too bad what little fame he has gotten has gone to his head.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
He's headed down that Kanye Way more than likely. Though I don't think South Park will be there to save us this time.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
it's kind of sad that that song "Nothing On You" by B.o.B was supposed to be Lupe's but he passed over it. i hate the song but that could've easily been his biggest hit. strange what people do to stay "different".

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
best line from that song - "honey's got some boobies like wow oh wow" lol
lol i love that line XD

Who the **** doesn't like Lupe? One of the best lyricists out there imo.

Too bad what little fame he has gotten has gone to his head.
hes good but he doesnt have much emotion in his stuff.

bam. just answered your own question. plus, his fans overrate him too much. i like lupe; hate his fans. same with eminem.
i dont like eminem or his stans. O.O
lupe i like. his fans do overrate him, saying hes the greatest lyricist ever (COUGHMOSDEFCOUGH) and stuff. B.o.B is overrated too

He's headed down that Kanye Way more than likely. Though I don't think South Park will be there to save us this time.
he'll still have his lyricism, so i doubt it.

Listening to verse 2.

Verse 1 was decent.

EDIT: As was Verse 2
it was good, but it woulda been better if he rapped through the whole thing. its like say something, pause, etc. the pauses were annoying.

Jane

Smash Hero
so i finally listened to wale's attention deficit.

i gotta say, i was thoroughly bored and disappointed with it.

T3h Albino

Smash Master

Jeezy....Recession please? No matter what kind of hate/animosity you have towards Jeezy, you have to admit Recession was real DECENT.
Jeezy imo is hella underrated, just because there's some kind of stigma that comes with having "Young" in your name. It must automatically make you generic and trashy...

im honored :p

uhh i think i gotcha is my favorite.
We're new BFFS
<33333333333 I gotcha.

bam. just answered your own question. plus, his fans overrate him too much. i like lupe; hate his fans. same with eminem.
I'm almost ashamed to be a Lupe Fiasco fan, because of this fanbase. It's almost like they assume Lupe is untouchable, and nobody is/ever/will come close to him in lyrical ability. Lupe is great, he's borderline amazing with the wordplay, but there are definitely people who are/were once better than him. I guess this can kind of be said for any die hard fan of a rapper, but it seems extremely apparent in Lupe and Em fans.

it's kind of sad that that song "Nothing On You" by B.o.B was supposed to be Lupe's but he passed over it. i hate the song but that could've easily been his biggest hit. strange what people do to stay "different".
Idk what Lupe was doing on that song....but it wasn't dope.
Also, I don't know what is up with him and not wanting to make "hits". His whole album got delayed and probably shelved, because he didn't put any "hits" on it. You can't be underground signed to a Major Label....it doesn't work like that.

so i finally listened to wale's attention deficit.

i gotta say, i was thoroughly bored and disappointed with it.
That album had some extreme Highs 2 Lows "<3 Nujabes"

soap

Smash Hero
Hurt Me Soul favorite lupe track

The Instrumental was good too

I didn't like "the cool" album as much

I downloaded attention deficit after seeing wale live, opening for k'naan, cuz I was curious if he was as bad on record as he is live. I'd say his album was actually worse

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
WHO ELSE REALLY TRYNA **** WIT HOLLYWOOD COLE?

Right above it is fireeeeeee.

Anyway, I'm still a big Lupe guy, sometimes I wish he would drop more hits, but we need a guy to go against the grain every once in a while. At least he isn't Charles Hamilton.

The Die off The Cool is the dopest ****ing track. Ever.

Niko45

Smash Master
Jeezy....Recession please? No matter what kind of hate/animosity you have towards Jeezy, you have to admit Recession was real DECENT.
Jeezy imo is hella underrated, just because there's some kind of stigma that comes with having "Young" in your name. It must automatically make you generic and trashy...
Nah man, I actually have a lot of respect for Jeezy. He's doing the always needed hustler music better than anybody right now (not that that's saying much). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIsL_VMCLwA <- Mad respect for Jeezy. He's certainly much more worthy of discussion than Rick Ross (lol) but I don't think Jeezy will be too memorable in the long run. He's just not good enough imo. I think he compares nicely to somebody like Beanie Sigel. Scorching hot for a while with some crazy production behind you, but in the long run just not good enough to last.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Nah man, I actually have a lot of respect for Jeezy. He's doing the always needed hustler music better than anybody right now (not that that's saying much). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIsL_VMCLwA <- Mad respect for Jeezy. He's certainly much more worthy of discussion than Rick Ross (lol) but I don't think Jeezy will be too memorable in the long run. He's just not good enough imo. I think he compares nicely to somebody like Beanie Sigel. Scorching hot for a while with some crazy production behind you, but in the long run just not good enough to last.
Huh? that chick showed Jeezy what's up, what are you talking bout?

rhan

Smash Hero
Who's the two *****es Jeezy's arguing with? What they're saying is legit but they sound mad ****ing annoying..

Hip Hop is partially dead in my opinion. If rappers like Wocka, Gucci, Soulja, etc keep flooding the mainstream/underground, **** will go downhill on the aspect of real music. But there are still real story tellers out there that are nice on the mic.

I know some of ya'll hate Kid Cudi but he's a legit story teller. Soundtrack To My Life. That **** was real. Common is still one of the best (I haven't heard anything really recent from him though). But if you want to go back he's got Testify, I Use To Love H.E.R., The Corner, Finding Forever, etc. That is what real Hip Hop/Rap is about. Telling stories and relating to people's struggles within themselves and/or their community.

/2cents

Niko45

Smash Master
Huh? that chick showed Jeezy what's up, what are you talking bout?
That chick is ********. All the "Hip Hop is Dead" talk that was going on at the time really was saying "**** the south". Thats why he asked her where she was from. The nerve of that ***** to say to his face that hip hop is dead when he was selling records like hotcakes and being featured on their radio show lol.

And it's not like Jeezy was catering to a mainstream audience intentionally. He was on a major label, which helps, but if Nas or somebody had been selling like Jeezy was you wouldn't have heard any talk of hip hop being dead.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
blu i'm def going to tipped off are you?
i'm gonna try to go. i haven't gone to a tournament in a hot minute. but, i'm supposed to be going to a skyzoo concert around that time and i'm not sure of the actually date. i just know it's around then. i'll see if i can make it by, tho. not gonna enter. just play friendlies all day :).

And it's not like Jeezy was catering to a mainstream audience intentionally. He was on a major label, which helps, but if Nas or somebody had been selling like Jeezy was you wouldn't have heard any talk of hip hop being dead.
nah. when nas put out hip hop is dead, he went platinum. same time as jeezy's TM102, which also went platinum. i'm highly doubtful that he was jealous of how much jeezy was selling for him to think hip-hop was dead.

Top Bottom