• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
it was a pop album, i dislike pop. and the lyrics werent even that good. they were alright but it was mostly punchlines. it sounded like ludacris wrote for him. and the metaphors were like something youd hear from Drake or Lil Wayne. now if you like that sort of thing, fine, but i liked eminem's old uniqueness, which he doesnt have anymore, as well as his fire and passion.

now he just kinda sucks.
I have three big problems with the current Em.
1. His choice of music he's rapping over sound like stuff he'd make fun of ten years ago. I couldn't believe when I heard What is Love sampled on Recovery.

2.His rhyme schemes have gotten more complex, but what he's rhyming about is not interesting or clever. I hate this whole habit he has of creating metaphors out of F'ing something or talking about his ****.

3. He needs to stop singing. :dizzy:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
ether is more entertaining than takeover, to me. Plus it takes jay too long to get down to the nas diss. It's at like the end of the track. Nas opens with a "**** Jay Z" lolz. Different styles i guess

btw finally got my north coast tickets. Nas, Damian Marley, Lupe, De la and a bunch of electronic stuff next weekend in chicago
Hell yeah bro I'll be there.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
jay-z was heeeeeeeeellla off beat.

1. His choice of music he's rapping over sound like stuff he'd make fun of ten years ago. I couldn't believe when I heard What is Love sampled on Recovery.

2.His rhyme schemes have gotten more complex, but what he's rhyming about is not interesting or clever. I hate this whole habit he has of creating metaphors out of F'ing something or talking about his ****.

someone who agrees with me

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
yup. def jam poetry is dope too. talib kweli did a thing on def jam poetry about religion. it was dope.

but yeah the dude had a lot of passion

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

This is an actually good criticism. I can agree with all this. I love the super-technical stuff he shows on Recovery but the subject matter is totally bland. He also went WAY overboard with the singing/hooks.

Boofy!

Smash Champion

1st. i can agree with this for the most part, especially number 1 lol

2nd. this girl i'm talking to is nicknamed polarbear, and shes from NJ.. WTF lol

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
1st. i can agree with this for the most part, especially number 1 lol

2nd. this girl i'm talking to is nicknamed polarbear, and shes from NJ.. WTF lol
lmao. A girl named polarbear, I might try to avoid that. Sounds like she can break you in half. I don't think I live too far from Parsippany though, I'm from Somerset county.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Anyone feel the youngin J Ivy on his spoken word?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le1kHp5lLmk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdta43fVmes&feature=related

First one is more recognizable
hes goood but not like amazing.

this is good and has some humor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-FGOwfF6A4&feature=related

oh and this female mc is dope. i mean that lyricism mixed with that voice... shes like better than jean grae, i promise. here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BVvNE78lyc&feature=player_embedded

MBlaze

Smash Champion
deja vu, beautiful and underground are dope.

insane is alright. its catchy for sure
My Mom was pretty dope until he got to the crayon punchline. Other than that song was good. First verse was significantly better than the rest though.

Bagpipes From Baghdad and Hello made me laugh.

Same Song & Dance is aight but not that good besides last verse.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Have you guys heard this Kanye West x Raekwon x Justin Bieber song....?

He sounds like a little Michael Jackson or something.

http://muzikfiendz.net/new-music/kaynewest-x-raekwon-x-justinbieber-runaway-love-tags/

I am currently confused. I think... I like it...? How can I like it? Its Justin Bieber.
justin bieber does NOT fit.
raekwon and kanye are good though. and definitely the beat on the verses are dope. the beat and dopeness drops when bieber starts singing.

Insane was catchy to me at first, then after a while I started feeling like "yeah, I'm tired of listening to this kid talk about being *** *****". Beautiful is my favorite song on the album.
agreed. its alright but like. eh

i like deja vu most

.Marik

is a social misfit
Eminem ran out of creative subject matter to rap about. No more originality.

Doesn't help when he's producing music that appeals to and targets clueless and conformist teenagers.

I've been listening to Aesop Rock a lot, which opened up several pathways for underground rap.

For example, a song by BluePrint, an underground artist I recently stumbled across.

BluePrint- 1988

Pretty much every single rap artist signed underneath the record label Rhymesayers is grimy.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Eminem ran out of creative subject matter to rap about. No more originality.

Doesn't help when he's producing music that appeals to and targets clueless and conformist teenagers.

I've been listening to Aesop Rock a lot, which opened up several pathways for underground rap.

For example, a song by BluePrint, an underground artist I recently stumbled across.

BluePrint- 1988

Pretty much every single rap artist signed underneath the record label Rhymesayers is grimy.
agreed, he is kiinnnda wack now. his freestyles are still dope as ****.

thankfully im not a clueless and conformist teenager. :D

i dislike Aesop Rock. his voice hurts my ears. lol.

nice beat and good old school sound (low fidelity) but i dont think his lyrics are anything special.

oh and first day of highschool...

OAKLAND TECH

got 3 hours of homework tonight. all advanced classes cuz im trying to get into a good college. i wont be able to work this year. most likely at least. i guess ill stay with working some weekends with parents and ill be getting like 100 a month so that can go towards headphones and studio time which will be great. i have like $50 at the moment. so thats about an hour in a studio lol. ill go to spoken word poetry places about once a week i think. like an open mic place. theres no way im gonna be able to record an album this year... 3 hours of homework a night? i can write a lot though i guess... eh. but yeah i need a 4.0 every single time... next year im having some AP classes so that is weighted. so i can like get a 4.2 or something... SAT's will be hella hard and stressful. ffff... i think ill start saving up for studio time. schools about to be hellllla hard... i think ill go to sleep now yall. night

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Why the **** am I listening to Replase? lmao

These tracks are actually... somewhat good:

My Mom
Insane
Deja Vu
Beautiful
Underground
deja vu, beautiful and underground are dope.

insane is alright. its catchy for sure
Agreed on these songs.
My Mom was pretty dope until he got to the crayon punchline. Other than that song was good. First verse was significantly better than the rest though.

Bagpipes From Baghdad and Hello made me laugh.

Same Song & Dance is aight but not that good besides last verse.
Disagree.
I hate My Mom a lot. My favorite Relapse Tracks are Deja Vu, Stay Wide Awake and Insane
Definite agree.
I like Same Song and Dance too.
An iffy song to me. Songs with his ****ing ******** *** accent automatically make me lose respect for the song, but they can still get some back.
Insane was catchy to me at first, then after a while I started feeling like "yeah, I'm tired of listening to this kid talk about being *** *****". Beautiful is my favorite song on the album.
QFT

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Niko45

Smash Master
anyway, some of my favorite disses came from Joe.

dont get how prodigy gon acknowledge me
when the ***** bout as big as an apostrophe
drugs four fifths and snubs whats that about
***** you cant lift the guns that you rappin bout
wanna blog? heres a reason
how the ****s murda muzik anybody ever dissed this ***** is still breathin
jayz saigon nas already peeled him
tupac he aint alive but you aint kill him
50 signs the bum only cuz where he was from
put his stamp on a ***** and still nobody feels him

Nas dissed 50 on Queens Get The Money
"Take 27 emcees, put them in a line and
They out of alignment
My assignment
Since he said retirement
Hiding behind 8 Mile
And The Chronic
Get's Rich But Dies Rhymin'
This is high science
Now add 23 more
For Queens to be more
I’m over they heads
Like a bulimic on a see-saw
Now that’s 50 porch monkeys ate up at the same time"

Jadakiss - Checkmate (probably the best 50 diss i listened to so far.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd4OWtKiU-w

"Don't try to pull rank on Kiss, cuz the *****s i'mma send to do it ain't gon miss"
"You ain't get shot again so what's your next album about?"
"It'll take a lifetime to see kiss, you had to get shot 9 times to be rich"

Eminem - Nail In The Coffin (Benzino Diss...too easy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TX6o7R8LSg
All some of my favorite disses. The Jadakiss - Problem Child track is just as hard as checkmate. "Can't really figure this clown out, where is he from? Jamaica Queens, Cali, or down South?" The 50 song dissing Jada "I run New York" is also hard as hell, just not really the greatest of direct disses.

Budden is just a great disser in general.

I'd say Blueprint 2 has to be one of my favorite disses as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg8hgYHQov0 **** goes hard, no one seems to acknowledge it tho.

.Marik

is a social misfit
i dislike Aesop Rock. his voice hurts my ears. lol.

nice beat and good old school sound (low fidelity) but i dont think his lyrics are anything special.
?

His lyrics are what make Aesop Rock stand out. They're simply too unique.

i hate when people use word conformist. makes people feel special for being different, yet the same. people like what they like. lay off of them.
I hate it when people make assumptions. That wasn't my mentality regarding the situation, and posting really large blanket statements doesn't accomplish anything.

Mainstream music consists of zero talent. I'm advocating music that does possess talent.

Technicalities aside, wouldn't enlightenment be for the better?

Conformity restricts creativity and originality, it supresses and limits ideas.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Lupe may be dropping Atlantic Records cuz of the Lasers thing.

And considering he's already put out a single for TGARA, it's looking kinda high.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
?

His lyrics are what make Aesop Rock stand out. They're simply too unique.

I hate it when people make assumptions. That wasn't my mentality regarding the situation, and posting really large blanket statements doesn't accomplish anything.

Mainstream music consists of zero talent. I'm advocating music that does possess talent.

Technicalities aside, wouldn't enlightenment be for the better?

Conformity restricts creativity and originality, it supresses and limits ideas.
lol, you say that then immediately confirm his assumption with "I'm advocating music that does possess talent.", basically the most smug and arrogant thing you can say.

Top Bottom