• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
^^^^ lol
i was in a poetic mood.

and i just got a $1200 grant to help reduce the dropout rate in Oakland. we have a 52% dropout rate here, step up

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
More Eminem talk, but w/e.

MMLP
SSLP
Recovery
The Eminem Show/Relapse
Encore

Agree?

P.S. I don't plan on getting Infinite.
Get Infinite.

Get Slim Shady EP too even though it has a couple of tracks that ended up on SSLP. And if that is a rating thing I don't see how Eminem Show is worse than Recovery, but aside from that you're good ^_^

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I don't see TES being worse than Recovery. The only reason I have Recovery above The Eminem Show is because Recovery had more songs that I could enjoy (that aren't mainstream) seeing as Recovery had No Love (w/o Lil Wayne), Cinderella Man, 25 to Life, and Cold Wind Blows. The Eminem Show had Without Me, Til I Collapse, and White America that I enjoyed, but otherwise it would be Recovery/TES.

rhan

Smash Hero
Okay two things...

(1) Is that a real report?! That seemed almost too "real" to be real. lmao

(2) No words can express how I feel at this moment. Only this spilled pink lemonade can show how much laughter came about.

Jane

Smash Hero
mr. lif track was tight. i didnt know there were more people with "murs" hair hahaha. speaking of murs, murs certainly does not suck, blu ;D

mccloud i wasnt feelin the song you posted, they didnt mesh properly imo

and suspect i didnt really like that dudes beats at all lol

rhan, i know, it feels like that dude could be from a movie or something xD i also died laughing when i first heard it last night.

is it really old has hell tho? O.o

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i was listening to takeover and ether today. though ether is a better diss, i think takeover has way more replay value. kinda got me thinking, what are some of ya'll favorite disses/diss tracks? doesn't have to be the biggest of rivalries or anything, but, in general, some of your favorite diss lines and what not.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
it was a pop album, i dislike pop. and the lyrics werent even that good. they were alright but it was mostly punchlines. it sounded like ludacris wrote for him. and the metaphors were like something youd hear from Drake or Lil Wayne. now if you like that sort of thing, fine, but i liked eminem's old uniqueness, which he doesnt have anymore, as well as his fire and passion.

now he just kinda sucks.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
it was a pop album, i dislike pop. and the lyrics werent even that good. they were alright but it was mostly punchlines. it sounded like ludacris wrote for him. and the metaphors were like something youd hear from Drake or Lil Wayne. now if you like that sort of thing, fine, but i liked eminem's old uniqueness, which he doesnt have anymore, as well as his fire and passion.

now he just kinda sucks.
Em's been pop since 2000.

well ok, minus songs like Kim and My Darling.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
alright so right now im just coming in here to tell yall to watch these two videos, in order.

first this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzNhaLUT520&annotation_id=annotation_576468&feature=iv

then this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw

ill be back in a bit to listen to what yall posted and etc
I laughed so hard when I saw this, I felt obligated to buy the song and put it on my computer :laugh:

Toooooo good.

i was listening to takeover and ether today. though ether is a better diss, i think takeover has way more replay value. kinda got me thinking, what are some of ya'll favorite disses/diss tracks? doesn't have to be the biggest of rivalries or anything, but, in general, some of your favorite diss lines and what not.
Ether < Takeover, mah dood (inb4namesearch).

Imo anyways. Some of the schoolyard name-calling was a lil silly to me compared to how surgically Jay started picking apart Nas lyrically. I'd still bump either one anyday tho.

Favorite Diss tracks:
No Vasaline - Ice Cube
Pain in his life - Joe Budden
Hit em up - Tupac
Takeover/Ether - obv
Cani***** - Em

I definitely need to take another journey through this thread. I need so much more music....I can't add anymore music to my Zune tho since this dam Zune player won't properly install on my comp.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
uh ohhhhhh. i'm getting mediocre at this gif making shizzz

anyway, some of my favorite disses came from Joe.

dont get how prodigy gon acknowledge me
when the ***** bout as big as an apostrophe
drugs four fifths and snubs whats that about
***** you cant lift the guns that you rappin bout
wanna blog? heres a reason
how the ****s murda muzik anybody ever dissed this ***** is still breathin
jayz saigon nas already peeled him
tupac he aint alive but you aint kill him
50 signs the bum only cuz where he was from
put his stamp on a ***** and still nobody feels him

Nas dissed 50 on Queens Get The Money
"Take 27 emcees, put them in a line and
They out of alignment
My assignment
Since he said retirement
Hiding behind 8 Mile
And The Chronic
Get's Rich But Dies Rhymin'
This is high science
Now add 23 more
For Queens to be more
I’m over they heads
Like a bulimic on a see-saw
Now that’s 50 porch monkeys ate up at the same time"

Jadakiss - Checkmate (probably the best 50 diss i listened to so far.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd4OWtKiU-w

"Don't try to pull rank on Kiss, cuz the *****s i'mma send to do it ain't gon miss"
"You ain't get shot again so what's your next album about?"
"It'll take a lifetime to see kiss, you had to get shot 9 times to be rich"

Eminem - Nail In The Coffin (Benzino Diss...too easy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TX6o7R8LSg

soap

Smash Hero
ether is more entertaining than takeover, to me. Plus it takes jay too long to get down to the nas diss. It's at like the end of the track. Nas opens with a "**** Jay Z" lolz. Different styles i guess

btw finally got my north coast tickets. Nas, Damian Marley, Lupe, De la and a bunch of electronic stuff next weekend in chicago

Top Bottom