• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World of warcraft in MLG but not brawl....

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
WoW Arena matches actually take far more skill than most of you people would think.

Please, people, fanboy less.
i wouldn't say skill? skill is more technical

it definitely takes an incredible amount of teamwork and being able to pay attention though.

At the high ranks, gear isn't an issue really because everyone is maxed out. The only issue is the rock, paper, scissors deal. 5v5, however generally minimizes that aspect.

But i'd have to agree. Plz fanboy less.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
i wouldn't say skill? skill is more technical

it definitely takes an incredible amount of teamwork and being able to pay attention though.

At the high ranks, gear isn't an issue really because everyone is maxed out. The only issue is the rock, paper, scissors deal. 5v5, however generally minimizes that aspect.

But i'd have to agree. Plz fanboy less.
Having played in high-end arenas, there's no rock-paper-scissors at all in 5v5, way too much in 2v2, and I still don't like 3v3.

Ah, my old rogue / druid combo, I miss thee... Nerfing AR/Prep, the bastages.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
druid war imo

but yeah there are still rock paper scissors in 5v5, just very subtle and usually doesn't affect the overall outcome unless they are both really crappy setups.

3v3 my favorite, back in season 2, druid war priest turtle team (both healers). Got top 10 in my battlegroup with that, and also whats funny is that i got top 10 in 2v2 with a war pal even though druid / war and pal / lock was taking over. I think i ended up in 4th?

All this on cho'gall one of the highest competition, except for maybe tichondrius of course.

But we're getting off topic sort of...

uhhh.... continue fanboying less :>

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
warrior paladin was broken in season 1. slightly less so in season 2, but still it tore most teams up if you all knew what you were doing.

I was in a 2v2 double frost mage team that did pretty well from Mal'ganis, and my 3v3 team sucked, but it was RL buddies, so I helped them out.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
warrior paladin was broken in season 1. slightly less so in season 2, but still it tore most teams up if you all knew what you were doing.

I was in a 2v2 double frost mage team that did pretty well from Mal'ganis, and my 3v3 team sucked, but it was RL buddies, so I helped them out.
yeah i pretty much got bored come season 3,

the 2v2 strategy i was using was druid / war to 2000, since everyone and their mother was druid / war at that rating, switch to warr / pal, because warr pal ***** druids.

oh, and fanboy less
i think im done talking about WoW stuff now

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
I love how its been pointed out all we need to do is relax keep playing and doing are thing, Yet People are still moaning and groaning just stop.

If MLG was to look at this thread they would see nothing but whiny people acting like small children.
If the game is as huge and as amazing as we are saying it WILL be picked up soon.
So what if they wait one Year. at least by then the Community would be tighter advanced techniques found and the line of amateur and Pro spread a bit.

The Bino

Smash Lord
I love how its been pointed out all we need to do is relax keep playing and doing are thing, Yet People are still moaning and groaning just stop.

If MLG was to look at this thread they would see nothing but whiny people acting like small children.
If the game is as huge and as amazing as we are saying it WILL be picked up soon.
So what if they wait one Year. at least by then the Community would be tighter advanced techniques found and the line of amateur and Pro spread a bit.
The reason why all these ppl keep complaining is because of the fact that majority of them are probably little children to begin with, under the age of 15 and don't know how to let things go

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
Is there any chance that they could bring back melee instead of brawl? That would be nice. I can't understand why anyone would want to play brawl competitively, its too boring.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Considering that Brawl hasn't even been widely accepted as a tournament-appropriate game (especially because it just came out), I don't find this a surprise at all. To be honest, it doesn't matter. We're doing fine with smash tournament on our own, and if we keep it up then maybe eventually, MLG will realize it and add smash back in. Also I imagine a lot of things that they've heard about the game are scaring them away from Brawl. Things like tripping and all the crazy broken stuff in the game.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I'm actually glad to see WoW pvp get picked up by MLG. The competitive players in WoW are every bit as talented as smash players. it's not a technical finger speed game like melee, but more of a making the best decision and adapting to your environment.

each class has 40-some moves, and there are thousands of different matchups in 3v3 that you need to adapt to. Understanding how to use/counter 360 different moves (including spacing and direction) in thousands of different matchups takes a lot of skill. I've been playing WoW since launch, at times as much as 30 hours per week, and I don't think I'm even close to the top guys. Of the 10 million players, maybe 3-4 million PvP on a regular basis, and I consider myself in the upper 5% of those, but that means there are tens of thousands of player out there better than me in arenas.
The game is so luck based, I bet I'll beat you with 2 random people.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
My team is ranked no 1 on gamebattles for mlg pro!!!
AH HA HA! One of the people on your team is the guy that threatened Squared to try to get him to forfeit a match he won. Must hurt losing a 47 game winning streak, unless you've done the same thing to other people along the way.

Hilarious.

Sliq

Smash Master
AH HA HA! One of the people on your team is the guy that threatened Squared to try to get him to forfeit a match he won. Must hurt losing a 47 game winning streak, unless you've done the same thing to other people along the way.

Hilarious.
That would be much funnier if it wasn't so sad.

Just kidding, it is way funnier because of how pathetic it is.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Gamebattles does have people like that. I played someone in the top 150 who had a 13 match winning streak, I was up two stock on him in our third match and he dcd. I eventually won, but only because I let him know I recorded every minute of it (we replayed the DC match fresh, how annoying is that?).

http://gamebattles.com/wii/smash-bros/team/jumpman/match?id=1562773

ROFL!!!

Mangz, I just lost respect for jumpman, if he had won the first game, I'd bet he would not be trying to cancel the match.

Cheatachu

Smash Rookie
Mlg = Major leage gaming... WOW DOESNT COUNT AS A GAME!!! but brawl.. best thing out there atm :)

SMASH FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brawl is not the best thing out there and probably never will be until all the melee disks inb the world crumble. if anything, Brawl shouldn't count as a competitive game because it sucks.

Who wants to see a bunch of Snakes shield and f-tilting over and over in MLG? That would be a ****ing joke...

Asking for Brawl to be in MLG is like the Mario Party community asking to be in MLG.
this guy has the right idea.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Mangz, I just lost respect for jumpman, if he had won the first game, I'd bet he would not be trying to cancel the match.
Ditto. I said this to him as well, that he wouldn't want to cancel if he had won. My annoyance at him is that he quit in the middle of a match, right before dying, and didn't even contact me about it. He finally PMed me and begged me to cancel the match an entire day, and every time I wrote a page's worth of reasons that I wasn't going to, he'd respond "why not?"

Also, he kept saying that I should have character and "do what's right" by not taking an illegitimate win. Then he tried to blackmail me because I have two doubles teams (with Prime and Joshu), saying that if I didn't agree to cancel that he'd report me. Haha, so much for character. I don't even think it's illegal to have two teams.

Here's the best part. He NEVER asked for a rematch, NEVER offered me the first match and asked to replay the second, or ANY kind of compromise. He insisted that we should cancel and that was the only solution. He was only out for saving himself - he didn't want to risk losing by replaying me. In my mind, lag is a reason to postpone or cancel a match in advance. You can't lose a match and ask to cancel, but he wouldn't hear any of that logic.

Anyway, not that anyone cares about this. But it is downright hilarious that he took this so far just to avoid a loss. I just hope that the GB admins don't side with him just because he's in 1st place.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Oh, also, Bowser makes Brawl awesome and better than Melee. There, I just ended the Brawl vs Melee debate forever and ever.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Well I haven't played Brawl yet so what I say can be fairly misplaced.

From what I've seen in videos Brawl looks less technical than melee in lots of areas whereas WoW you have about 40 skills and every one of them must be used if you are to win!
I've played WoW for about a year and then I decided to quit cause of its highly addicting content!

Now don't get me wrong cause I too like smash more than WoW but if you are realistic about it you can see that WoW deserves a spot in MLG a whole lot more than Brawl.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow that jumpman kid is ********

anyway, people calm down. it's not like it doesn't take a lot of hard work to get strong in wow. who cares if the matches are boring? if people win in that game at mlg, it means they spent HUNDREDS, probably THOUSANDS of hours getting to where they are. and who cares if you think it's boring; with that many WoW players watching, someone's bound to find it exciting.

i'm sure nobody has spent thousands of hours mastering brawl yet. heck, the community isn't even interested enough in the game for it to be featured anywhere. why do hypocrites complain about items in brawl for EVO... when they hardly even like the game to begin with? this is bad representation.

meanwhile WoW will get amazing, enthusiastic, mass representation. that's what matters.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
The game is so luck based, I bet I'll beat you with 2 random people.
but any unlucky outcome you have can be easily mended to if you had a good playing strategy, as long as the gear was equal (which mostly was at the higher brackets).

oops i let that one slip

RDK

Smash Hero
Gamebattles does have people like that. I played someone in the top 150 who had a 13 match winning streak, I was up two stock on him in our third match and he dcd. I eventually won, but only because I let him know I recorded every minute of it (we replayed the DC match fresh, how annoying is that?).

http://gamebattles.com/wii/smash-bros/team/jumpman/match?id=1562773

ROFL!!!

People who lie about online scores need to get a life. All 5 of my losses on Gamebattles were because of people lying about their scores and me not really caring to send in a ticket or challenge it.

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
Wow.........so the next big MLG tournament is in san diego. the lineup includes halo 3, rainbow six, and WoW (brawl is NOT in the lineup).................ummmmm........ WoW is in but not brawl?.........wow........just wow.......any comments on this catastrophic event?

Well i CAN see wow being there with there ARENA TOURNEMENT thing going on. If you win u get 250,000 dollars. It actually does take skill to play WoW. I am very shocked at how smash isn't there though.

KishSquared

Smash Master
People who lie about online scores need to get a life. All 5 of my losses on Gamebattles were because of people lying about their scores and me not really caring to send in a ticket or challenge it.
Aren't you Play 2 Win? I beat you and didn't lie about it... ^_^;;

D20

Smash Lord
WoW is way more competitive than Brawl. It has counterpicks, combos, and dashdancing.

Top Bottom