• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World of Warcraft Discussion: Mists of Pandaria

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
which item exactly? fen-yu? its the legendary cloak

also anyone interested in starting a flex smashboards run? would be really cool to raid with people from here.
Yeah, Fen-yu

I had a rogue too, but I quit back in WotLK hehe. That's ridiculously good for a cloak

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
They've been all over the place in pvp, but have probably been the strongest pve melee class overall. Definitely the only one able to compete in Heroic Throne of Thunder with ranged classes.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
"Warlords of Draenor" has been trademarked in New Zealand, Australia, and the US as of recently. Probably the new expansion? I honestly didn't like Outland my first time through, but a Burning Legion themed expansion would be sweet.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
"Warlords of Draenor" has been trademarked in New Zealand, Australia, and the US as of recently. Probably the new expansion? I honestly didn't like Outland my first time through, but a Burning Legion themed expansion would be sweet.

Just anything that has decent lore already built up. Pandaria literally came out of nowhere, bonus mission turning into a full expansion?

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Just anything that has decent lore already built up. Pandaria literally came out of nowhere, bonus mission turning into a full expansion?
I honestly think Mists was a really well done expansion in terms of lore and raid content. It didn't make sense with the rest of the world at first, but they tied everything together towards the end (especially after watching the Emperor ShaoHao shorts they put up).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
TIME TRAVEL

GARROSH STILL THE VILLAIN

WHAT iS EVEN GOING ON

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm actually pretty excited for the Garrison, it's like WoW is finally going back to its strategy game roots. Not sure if it will be enough to convince me to resub, but if I do I think I'll use that 90 boost to level a Draenei shammy or maybe a pally.

On that note, ten bucks says that even though Draenei are featured prominently in promos they'll be pushed aside so the Horde can steal the show. Again.

/foreverneglectedallianceplayer

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Glad with the direction they're taking with this one. MoP was a great expansion, but always had this feeling like it didn't fit well with the previous ones. Will probably use my own 90 boost to lvl a mage.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
I'm scared I'd burn out too quickly on the new expansion. Blizzard is really milking the "get to the action as fast as possible" intent, and I think that's just going to hurt sales and subs. People get to the end game and then do the same thing they've always done.

BC and Vanilla's grind actually helped Blizz, but now they've set the precedent of give it to me faster and faster. And I frankly don't see subs staying as long.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never played the pandarian expansion, but this new one sounds interesting.

I'm guessing it takes place before Warcraft 1?

One of the articles I read said you meet Blackhand, who died before the events of Warcraft 2

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Fan base has changed over the years. They got so much hate in 5.0 and 5.1 for the ridiculous amount of dailies and the feeling of having to do them all every single day. I think they have to find a healthy middle ground between tons of dailies and getting everything handed to you.

I never played the pandarian expansion, but this new one sounds interesting.

I'm guessing it takes place before Warcraft 1?

One of the articles I read said you meet Blackhand, who died before the events of Warcraft 2
From what they've said, Garrosh escapes after being sent to Pandaria to stand trial and somehow goes back in time with the bronze dragonflight which is why it's set in the past.

finalark

SNORLAX
From what they've said, Garrosh escapes after being sent to Pandaria to stand trial and somehow goes back in time with the bronze dragonflight which is why it's set in the past.

Wait, Garrosh is STILL the bad guy? I quit a little bit after Pandaria came out. I thought the last raid of that expansion was us killing him.

Well, I guess Blizzard is just running out of bad guys then.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Thrall was about to cave his head in, but Varian stopped him and Taran Zhu convinces them to let him stand trial. Blizz says he escapes before the trial is able to take place. They've also said that Garrosh is not the big bad of this next expansion.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
OK.
OK.
SOMEONE TELL ME RIGHT NOW WHY THE NEW EXPANSION CANNOT BE AN UPDATED VERSION OF OUTLANDS.
WHY ARE WE GOING BACK IN TIME.

No seriosuly, Grom will be back? His death in WC3 was so epic and heroic. I think it''ll kinda ruin it =/

And insantly level to 90? How about you just spoon feed me the gear? I know WoW is more casual friendly, which I'm all for since I don't have free time anymore, but that's just too much. That's like buying Final Fantasy 7 and you put in disc 4 and immediately fight the final boss.

Still looks cool. I would love to unfreeze my account, but I don't have time to play the game anymore.
I grew up too fast =(

finalark

SNORLAX
And insantly level to 90? How about you just spoon feed me the gear? I know WoW is more casual friendly, which I'm all for since I don't have free time anymore, but that's just too much. That's like buying Final Fantasy 7 and you put in disc 4 and immediately fight the final boss.

Instant 90 is there for people who haven't played in a while and want to get back into the game. Yet you still have to pay for Pandaria, basically meaning that you skip over 40 bucks of content.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Instant 90 is there for people who haven't played in a while and want to get back into the game. Yet you still have to pay for Pandaria, basically meaning that you skip over 40 bucks of content.
Yeah, I guess that does make a little more sense. But I also heard newcomers can join and skip right to level 90? What's the point of playing the game if you're just going to skip, as you said, 40 bucks of content?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I have a feeling Blizzard is going to somehow mitigate or waive the cost Panda Time (Pandaria) altogether when WoD drops. We'll see, though.

My thoughts so far? Pretty cool. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is the elimination of senseless stats like Hit and Expertise, as well as Reforging.

Smooth Criminal

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
They said they added in the 90 boost because they want new people to be able to play with friends at end game without spending weeks going through old content

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I'm actually debating taking my 90 boost and doing a horde character of some kind (trying to decide between tank/healer at this point). Dunno what my wife will do, she's debating using it on one of her existing toons she has on a low-pop realm and moving it over to a higher pop realm so we can tag team stuff.

Turazrok

Smash Master
This expansion looks great and I don't know why people are complaining so much about the one time 90 and garrosh re-appearing.

Streamlining the game is not a bad thing.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm actually completely okay with the instant 90, since I hate leveling alts and I've only ever been able to level one other alt to cap, and that was because said alt was an Undead Priest thus all of the content was new to me. Honestly, if I resub I'm not sure entire what I'll use the boost on. Maybe my human monk, maybe my Panda Shammy, or maybe I'll make a new character.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Ya the boost to 90 is kinda irrelevant to most players... I have 3 characters at max so i don't really care about missing vanilla-mop content.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I haven't done the Siege of Org (or most of Panda for that matter) so I'm a little surprised that he's still alive. I thought for sure that you would kill him.
Garrisons also look really cool.
But most of all, I am so pleased about the updated models. I was actually telling my friend how if you compare a Panda dance with that of a gnome's, the panda is much more fluid and animated much better. I don't know if they confirmed dancing or not, but it's probably a sure bet.
WoW is finally getting the full graphics update it needs!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
so like, I'm totally new to this (yes I realise I'm like, 10 years late to the party)

Been playing for a few days and really enjoying it.

Level 40 Horde Hunter. Really want a pet moth because vicious moths sound holy **** amazing

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I got my friends to take me to get me a wasp and then I used it once and got a turtle instead

my friends hate me now rofl

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
so like, I'm totally new to this (yes I realise I'm like, 10 years late to the party)

Been playing for a few days and really enjoying it.

Level 40 Horde Hunter. Really want a pet moth because vicious moths sound holy **** amazing
In terms of effectiveness, different pet classes have different uses. Tenacity pets (eg. bears and turtles) are the best tank pets, so they're the best for when you're solo questing. Ferocity pets (eg. cats and wolves) have the highest DPS, so they're the best for dungeons. Cunning pets (eg. crabs and spiders) normally have some form of CC, so they're the best for PvP.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
In terms of effectiveness, different pet classes have different uses. Tenacity pets (eg. bears and turtles) are the best tank pets, so they're the best for when you're solo questing. Ferocity pets (eg. cats and wolves) have the highest DPS, so they're the best for dungeons. Cunning pets (eg. crabs and spiders) normally have some form of CC, so they're the best for PvP.
Can't you switch your pet's spec to whatever you want now? I've only lvled a hunter to around 70 so don't know the class all that well.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah you can, but certain pets have specific abilities that others don't have (foxes reduce casting speed, turtles get a defensive buff, crabs have a root, spiders have a snare, corehounds have Heroism, etc.)

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom