• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World of Warcraft Discussion: Mists of Pandaria

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*shrugs.*

For PvE (questing, dungeons, raids)? I couldn't tell you. There's a lot of number-crunching and rotation management involved there. Here's a website that will give you a halfway decent "snapshot" of what's good.

For PvP? It's situational. Cunning or Ferocity's generally fine, and both confer either extra utility (the former) or extra damage (the latter). Tenacity just gives the pet survivability and tanking ability which isn't very useful in PvP. Insofar as pet-specific abilities? Disarm is great when you're going up against an Arena comp that leans heavily on Rogues and Warriors (birds usually have it). Roots like Pin/Lockjaw (crabs and mastiffs) are exceptional because it keeps your opponent where you need them to be, enhancing your ability to kite them around. Again, this website'll give you a good launching point for PvP as well.

<---- I formerly mained a Hunter.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Pls no noxxic

http://www.icy-veins.com/beast-mastery-hunter-wow-pve-dps-guide

Youre still a lowbie though so it's probably way too much information at this point. You really can't go wrong with a cat/wolf as far as dungeons.
Hunters have become extremely versatile in MoP due to the changes in pets and respective buffs. A hunter can provide any of the necessary raid buffs just by switching their pets out. (If you start raiding, this will get you a spot in a pug over someone with a buff they already have)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Noxxic isn't terrible, and Icy Veins isn't much better.

But the rest of ShadowPhoenix's post is true. Just take your time and enjoy leveling to max. Get a feel for things.

Smooth Criminal

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Leveling my first character was the funnest I've ever had with the game. It's a blast being immersed and walking into the unknown. I've been inactive for about 4 months now, but am feeling the itch to resub. No new content though so I think imma wait considering I'm done with this raiding tier.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Dude WoD is right around the corner. They're going to release the option to autolevel a toon to ninety for 60 bucks soon. Might as well wait 'til the xpac arrives.

Smooth Criminal

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Yeah I saw the $60 thing. The price is ridiculous imo, but people will still pay for it lmao. I have 3 90s atm so I'll have little to no use for it.

Would also like to add that hunters are incredibly fun all around and kinda broken in lowbie pvp. This is probably the best I've ever done in any bg on any of my toons and I had been playing hunter for maybe a week or two.

WoWScrnShot_010613_223012.jpg

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You clearly haven't been one-shotted by a Prot Warrior's shield slam.

(Though Aimed Shot hits for your death.)

But, yeah, Hunters are insanely good at low level PvP. They're also pretty damn good at top level (duh).

Smooth Criminal

Turazrok

Smash Master
Did any of you just add me? Got a request from a Zyzzx, and this is the only place I can think of where my tag would be floating around.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Ok, so I'm pretty sure that WoW players are heavily evolved trolls.

Last night I was playing my female priest and i accidentally used my guild chat "{star}GRATS{star}" macro (this is another story for another day maybe), and this guy starts hitting on me and offered me free gold and leveling and ****

im just like "lmao" and went along with it, then he wanted to group with us and he's just like "I'm dtf whenever" and I'm like, whooaaaaaaaa hold up buddy boy

He asked what my job was and I'm like, "im a receptionist tee hee" and he's like, "omg we're like the same, I'm a coles check out dude; we both deal with people"

In the end I was just like, "I have to go <whatever his name was>-Jubei'Thos, xoxoxoxo" and logged out

I have no idea what is even happening anymore.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
C'mon, dude. Do Rogues really need Shadow Blades? :troll:

We don't know how ****'s going to pan out with all the changes. Personally, I think a lot of this stuff sounds really good on paper (thank you based Blizzard for the CC changes).

Smooth Criminal
I agree that some classes suffer from too many abilities, but rogues are not in that category.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I'm just glad to hear we won't have 10,000,000 health... It was getting a bit ridiculous imo.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
To an extent yes. I just hate that at level 84, I can't possibly fight a level 87, say, since they have 3 times the health. Either way, it doesn't matter once you get to 90 though.
I'm just stubborn in my ways and want to play it as it was 6ish years ago lol

Edit: Where do you guys play? Dawnbringer, for me.

Last edited:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I just noticed that Aerodrome and Smooth Criminal have Zelda and DDD overlayed on all of their posts. Is this a premium feature?

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
If I do get back into WoW, I am considering getting the Deluxe Edition since I would like to have a level 90 somewhere with a decent population, preferably Horde. When I was playing with a friend, I was playing Ally on Firetree, which seems to have died by the time I joined up before the release of MoP.

Top Bottom