• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 4 - 550$ pot bonus -Be at venue EARLY! BRING FULL SETUPS(wii/ssbb/tv)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
For anyone that doesn't want to read the garbage that spews out of every Florida player's mouth, just follow the pattern any time you see one of them post:

I'm a wimp.
I'm a wimp.
I'm a wimp.
I'm a wimp.
I'm a wimp.
I'm a wimp.
I'm a wimp.
I'm a wimp.
I'm a wimp.
I'm a wimp.
I'm a wimp.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
How about this?

-Xyro stops trying to ruin fun and uses my ruleset/player list (because people actually complained to me about yours).

-ESAM stops thinking he's a God/entire entity of the smash scene (and ruining the fun for everyone else who was interested in crews).

-We use my idea and have a good time.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You guys can still do crews, I just don't want to do them since I would rather do things like MM people, play friendlies, watch friendlies, or just..like...do anything but sit there for 40 minutes while I play for 8. I go to tournaments for fun, and crew battles aren't fun for me.

As if the crew battle would prove anything anyway. If we beat Texas in the head to head, that doesn't mean FL is better, it means FL beats Texas. That doesn't mean that FL would do better, in general, against the other top regions. IMO, Texas would do better than FL against Socal, and we would do about even against NY/NJ. How is the crew battle hype or anything? Crew battles are NEVER hype for Brawl. I have never once felt hype from one, as an observer or a player. Why would I subject myself to something I don't enjoy when I could just as easily do things I could enjoy?

I mean, if you want to hate, go ahead, I don't really mind. Also, Illmatic, I'm not a god lol, just a demigod.

I would rather NOT do the 1v5, I would rather just MM them at different parts of the tournament when they aren't busy. I don't want to impose on their tournament experience, much as I don't want to impose on mine by doing the crew battle.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Xyro, I will 1000000% do it if you make it a 1 stock crew battle 5v5. That **** is fun and hype and not time-consuming so I can still do what I want at the tournament.

Otherwise, I'm not entering a crew battle.

True Blue

Smash Lord
You guys could always do it the day before of the tournament too... And then just record it and then post it or even livestream it. And if people really care for it they can watch THAT livestream. Cause isn't everyone getting there at least a day before the tournament.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok then, so no crews. LOL

But u still wanna do tx vs esam. I'll ask the others and if they are cool with that and if so, it shall be done.

:phone:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Xyro, I would rather just MM them all individually. I don't want to have them sacrifice their time when they aren't playing just because they are in a crew battle.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Besides, no one on the stream wants to watch that gauntlet as a standalone event. They can get the highlights, but, I'd rather keep the stream to important tournament matches and the best money matches. "ESAM vs. the World" isn't really that exciting, seeing as how one half is the same player throughout.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I remember at Genesis, I was told that I had to keep whatever Pokémon I had out if I won a game in a crew battle. What a dumb rule.

ESAM, 1-stock crews seems pointless to me in the way that Teams in pretty much every other non-Smash fighting game makes no sense. There really isn't a compelling reason not to just do individual matches in that case, since counterpicking is so direct, instead of being, "How many stocks can you take with your three?"

Xyro77

Man that sounds dumb but fair, but not. All at the same time lol.

Edit: Also Xyro you never answered me. Did you ever get my PM or email about my Paypal Venue issue thing?
Yep I gotcha.

As long as you paid, we have your email and it should be ok. Just make sure you see me the day of the event to ensure you are entered in everything.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Assuming he doesn't get work-canceled, I'll be teaming with BigLou. We hope to be unstoppable.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Now that Nicole can't go and Fino is teaming with Chibo, I need a good partner for both mid tier and regular doubles...

:018:

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Yo I don't know why everyone being so mean to esam, I kinda respect his opinion that he rather do separate mms instead of a crew battle. Why risk losing cause your four other crew members are having a bad day. He rather play everyone individually so regardless if he wins or loses he won't have any excuses. Regardless 1 stock matches are hype, seeing people get desperate as the timer ticks down is hilarious.

Also to seagull if you would like to team for mid/low tier I would love to team with ya. I only play c falcon though...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Crew battles are hype for some people. I definitely enjoy watching them and if I were up to the task, I know I would enjoy participating in one. No one should hold it against ESAM if he doesn't want to participate though.

I was pretty hyped to see ESAM vs all of TX. You guys should just shorten it up a bit and make it worth it for him to compete that way. 1 match vs each of TX finest (including illmatic/espy imo) 2-3 stocks crew battle style and maybe give him a prize worthy of someone able to take out TX. Gnes, Razer, Trela, Dojo, Denti, Illmatic, Espy is only 7 matches or so.

Xyro77

nah its fine. we aint gonna do crews at all. had illmatic kept his mouth shut and not tried to be selfish, it would have went down nicely.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Herro, me name jawn n nice to meat you. Engrish spek no good so excuse me preash.
Evur since i wush little wan to compeet in a eh es soauper ehe smaussh broshers
Mommi and daddy sink tha i video game play much, at night i spleeap, take away game machine.
Game machine gone make me sad, cry in night at bed with supermon sleepingpants i wore. No game machine makes me mad so i wnet ape**** on mommi and daddy, but daddy big so black ring roud left eye.
Night at late i try find game machine, go to mommi and daddy's room. I see mommi happy so she make out with daddy on top. I ask wut they do, they say playing kung fu, so I ask I join?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Is MegaFox going? We were supposed to do teams awhile ago and I'd team with him in both reg and mid tier dubs.

:018:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Crew battles are hype for some people. I definitely enjoy watching them and if I were up to the task, I know I would enjoy participating in one. No one should hold it against ESAM if he doesn't want to participate though.
Definitely know how ya feel Tesh, I like watching them. But it's even more fun to participate in one.

Top Bottom