• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 4 - 550$ pot bonus -Be at venue EARLY! BRING FULL SETUPS(wii/ssbb/tv)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i didnt read the last 2 pages so i duno if there was a resolution to the crew battle stuff

but i think i have an idea, duno if its been stated

Lets do a crew battle round robin style

will it take a while?

maybe, but it will provide for ALOT of hype matches running the ENTIRE tourny on a stream tv

that would be the best thing to do for hype and fairness and it will give the CLEAREST possible result in which region is truely stronger, Florida or Texas

we pick 6 people from each region

each person in each region must do a tourny set using whobo rules (mk legal if xyro allows) vs each person in the other region.

that's 36 sets, so first region to 19 set wins/ wins!

not only would it make for hype matches the ENTIRE weekend, but it would make for an amazing tourny experience for all players involved, and make the South (in general) much much stronger on the whole as a result!

for time purposes i would understand if u'd wana do single matches, instead of whole sets

but i believe whole sets will yield more accurate results

we'd only need one tv over the course of two days, it would be very easy to run

MVD

Smash Master
i didnt read the last 2 pages so i duno if there was a resolution to the crew battle stuff

will it take a while?

maybe, but it will provide for ALOT of hype matches running the ENTIRE tourny on a stream tv

that would be the best thing to do for hype and fairness and it will give the CLEAREST possible result in which region is truely stronger, Florida or Texas

each person in each region must do a tourny set using whobo rules (mk legal if xyro allows) vs each person in the other region.

not only would it make for hype matches the ENTIRE weekend, but it would make for an amazing tourny experience for all players involved, and make the South (in general) much much stronger on the whole as a result!

for time purposes i would understand if u'd wana do single matches, instead of whole sets

And its training

:phone:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

will it take a while?

Sorry, no. 36 sets = a potential 15 hours lol. Full day event!

Just do the standard crew battle rules.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
esam doesnt really wanna do it and hes a key part of the florida crew so i guess we wont do it. MM will have to do.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You made a big post calling them out, and now you're going back on it?

Tell him to cry some more and get on with it anyway. This was supposed to be hyped.

Xyro77

You made a big post calling them out, and now you're going back on it?

Tell him to cry some more and get on with it anyway. This was supposed to be hyped.
i cant make him do it. i mean i could hit him with a stick and stuff but if he dies.....what then?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i cant make him do it. i mean i could hit him with a stick and stuff but if he dies.....what then?
Then he'll let his state down, and that wouldn't be good. Florida would choose a weaker player to substitute, and that could be the deciding factor. Florida could use not to do it altogether, which, again, kills hype. If they decide to go in and say they don't try, it'll still be held over their heads, and that's not a likable position, either.

Psychology can really pull a person forward if you use it well. :)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Reflex, fl doesn't care about crew battles.
We will just take Tx money in MMs.

10 vs. each top Tx player. I feel I will only lose to gnes.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Chibo, seeing as you lost to MOTHER ****ING APPLE JELLY I don't think you actually have the right to ****-talk anybody in FL. You lost to somebody who consistently gets near last in a weaker region of FL compared to SFL.

Shut your mouth, and thank god you are out of the title.

Also, anybody wanna sidebet on me vs Texas MMs? I'll go up to 20 (on anybody but Illmatic). Nick Riddle says the same, but with Gnes as the exception.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
As I said before, I don't care about state vs. state, I'm my own entity. Me doing good has no relation to anybody else in my state doing good. Obviously I would like Florida to win, but crew battles are stupid anyway. I prefer the round robin idea that Seibrik had, but that can't realisticaly happen because that **** takes forever. So, Im doing my own part in it which is MMing as many people as I can.

Honestly, I don't care if Seibrik loses to Trela outside of tournament. I don't care if Nick Riddle loses to Razer outside of tournament. I don't care if MVD loses to Denti outside of tournament, because nothing besides money matches and tournament matter. I also don't want to rely, in singles, on other people because that is defeating the point of 1v1. The point of singles is to measure your OWN skill, not the relative skill of your state. I couldn't care less about the overall skill of my state. I know where I stand according to them, and where they stand according to the other people I've played.

I feel like FL would win a head to head doing the round-robin BS easily. However, Texas is MUCH more consistent at nationals, so, overall, they are more of a threat IMO. We are very comparable and right below NY/NJ and Socal. We are both godlike. However, I am the champion of the Gulf, and nobody will take that title away from me.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
To be honest, Smash is the only game where crew battles make sense. Doing crews in something like Street Fighter seems pointless and dumb. "One character victory" is a dumb concept when you lose nothing for a close set you win.

Dphat, I can't risk my (admittedly thick) eyebrows. Besides, I play not-great characters.

Xyro77

so esam, would you do a crew battle consisting of you(20 stocks) vs Gnes/razer/trela/denti/dojo at 4 stocks each?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Also, anybody wanna sidebet on me vs Texas MMs? I'll go up to 20 (on anybody but Illmatic). Nick Riddle says the same, but with Gnes as the exception.
It depends on which character FreESAM uses. I accept Paypal and Money Orders when I win the side-bets. I don't want checks or ATM cards. They could bounce.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Omg ESAM vs TX sounds hype. As long as its still split up properly so Trela doesn't have max aura all day.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Lol @ you thinking any individual player from Texas could take 4 stocks from me. The only person who I would need Pikachu for is Razer, but not really. I would beat Gnes while losing 2-3, beat Dojo losing 2-3, beat Trela losing 2-3, and beat Denti losing 1-2.

Also, if you couldn't tell, yes. Wanna put money on it?

Xyro77

Also, if you couldn't tell, yes.
Dojo razer gnes trela denti are you guys up for this? a crew battle consisting of Esam(20 stocks) and you guys 4 stocks each?

how should we do the rules as in stages?

Since dojo is the only mk AND he said he wouldnt time out, we can do no timer.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Thought you wouldn't take my word for it? Although this is ******** and we should all just mm his ***, as it's practically the same thing, sure.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Lol

Trublue you my good sir r VERY EPIC!

ESAM "I am Champion of the Gulf" <--- #Truth

:sonic:

See Xyro had you a done this otherwise it cudda went down.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Xyro, may I suggest a modification to the schedule?

I think Singles Bracket should be the final event of the tournament, it's by far the hypest part of everything, and what everyone cares about. You don't want the climax of the tournament to be in the middle of the day Sunday, you should save it for the end.

Also perhaps find time to squeeze in Mid Tier Doubles into Saturday (should be easy to do) to alleviate Sunday and keep that to the two singles brackets.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
U guys might as well do FL vs TX crew battles -_-

I suck and they have all the Epsy exp in the world. **** it imma jus get better.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Touche

However

Reflex mentioned earlier that "a weaker player would participate FL would lose as a result" & that fact just makes me want to become better.

1 day ill be relevant... 1 day...

Top Bottom